Will the real Shakespeare please stand up?

Politics and other such topical creams.
Inder
corecore vanguard

Re: Will the real Shakespeare please stand up?

Post by Inder »

Wolter wrote:And yeah, he talked about Guitar Wolf almost exclusively for a while there. It was excruciating.
Dr. Medulla wrote:Others will have better memories, but it seems all he posted about was Guitar Wolf. Bootleg links and news, as I recall, but it was with stunning frequency.
...so have I told you guys about this Nilsson fellow? :shifty:

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Inder wrote:
Wolter wrote:And yeah, he talked about Guitar Wolf almost exclusively for a while there. It was excruciating.
Dr. Medulla wrote:Others will have better memories, but it seems all he posted about was Guitar Wolf. Bootleg links and news, as I recall, but it was with stunning frequency.
Guitar Nilsson?
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Inder wrote:
Guitar Nilsson?
Harry Wolf is kind of neat, too.

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

matedog wrote:
What time period was this?
2002-3ish maybe?

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Inder wrote:

PS - Waits sucks because he is inauthentic.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Inder wrote:
matedog wrote:
2002-3ish maybe?
Way before my time. Damn, I wish the archives were still up, I could research this stuff.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Inder wrote:
matedog wrote:
2002-3ish maybe?
More recent than that. That's around when I came aboard and the GW nonsense wasn't going on, I don't think.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

I'd say more like 2004-5.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Colin
Junco Partner

Post by Colin »

Wolter wrote:I'd say more like 2004-5.
I think you're right.
Wasn't he the guy that Inder set up that 'hidden' sub-forum for? Stealth's Guitar Wolf Corner or something.
Everyone and everything that wasn't a stupendous badass was dead.

Chuck Mangione
Spitting Image

Post by Chuck Mangione »

This thread sort of reminded of that part in the masturbation episode of Louie, where Louie says something like "Everybody masturbates, famous people do too.. Joan Jett, Shakespeare did..." and the other guy's like "him definitely..."

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Chuck Mangione wrote:This thread sort of reminded of that part in the masturbation episode of Louie, where Louie says something like "Everybody masturbates, famous people do too.. Joan Jett, Shakespeare did..." and the other guy's like "him definitely..."
Imaginary people can't masturbate. [/wolter]

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Chuck Mangione wrote:This thread sort of reminded of that part in the masturbation episode of Louie, where Louie says something like "Everybody masturbates, famous people do too.. Joan Jett, Shakespeare did..." and the other guy's like "him definitely..."
Imaginary people can't masturbate. [/wolter]
I have no fucking sense of humor about this. Please stop saying I believe that. I have gotten into too many real arguments with d-bags where I defended Will to accept this meme.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Shakespeare was real! :angry:

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:Shakespeare was real! :angry:
Then why do so many people say he wasn't? :shifty:

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:Shakespeare was real! :angry:
Then why do so many people say he wasn't? :shifty:
Because they lack faith. That is all.