Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Jesse Helms

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Won't be missed.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Jesse Helms

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I'm sure that the fundamentalists will interpret his death as proof of god's displeasure of human bigotry and that we should be less judgmental of others' lifestyles.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Re: Jesse Helms

Post by BostonBeaneater »

In 1950, Helms became an unofficial researcher for United States Senate candidate Willis Smith. Smith was a conservative Democratic lawyer and former president of the American Bar Association. While working on the primary campaign against Frank Porter Graham, Helms helped create an ad that read, "White people, wake up before it is too late. Do you want Negroes working beside you, your wife and your daughters, in your mills and factories? Frank Graham favors mingling of the races." Another ad featured photographs Helms doctored to illustrate the allegation that Graham's wife had danced with a black man. (FAIR 9/1/01, The News and Observer 8/26/01)
I can't say it enough, great guy!