Toronto Police Dept.: Here We Grow Again!

Politics and other such topical creams.
threecoffins
Sasquatch Determinator

Toronto Police Dept.: Here We Grow Again!

Post by threecoffins »

Toronto Star wrote:Two Toronto police officers enlisted the help of a real estate agent to buy and sell properties they converted to marijuana grow operations in order to fuel a massive "criminal enterprise," police said yesterday.

Constables Patrick Lee and Kevin Bourne are two of 20 people charged in connection with a large-scale operation to produce and distribute drugs and launder the proceeds. A realtor, three correctional officers and 14 civilians will appear with the officers in a Newmarket court this morning to face myriad charges, including conspiracy to produce marijuana and participating in a criminal organization.
More here: http://www.thestar.com/GTA/Crime/article/454125

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Toronto Police Dept.: Here We Grow Again!

Post by Dr. Medulla »

If the Toronto police's p.r. strategy is anything Saskatoon's—a brutal racist bunch of thugs who have been responsible for the deaths of numerous Aboriginal people, both thru in-custody beatings and abandonment outside the city in the middle of winter—they'll say that the key is for the general public to reach out and make the work of officers easier. Not, you know, of the cops themselves acting responsibly, ethically, with a mindset of duty to the public.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft