Politics and other such topical creams.
tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Re: PETA's great ideas keep a-rollin'

Post by tepista »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
tepista wrote:
Rat Patrol wrote:http://www.salon.com/2013/12/03/petas_r ... rol_stunt/

Funny...I've met a lot of fat vegans. Mainly ones equally preachy about their wiccanism as they are their veganism. :shifty:
I recently asked Monk Asst. if "Fat Vegan" was a good band name and he said no because there are some.
Monkey Assistant deserves a raise.
I bought him some ass burning hot sauces when I was in Texas.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

tepista wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
tepista wrote:

Funny...I've met a lot of fat vegans. Mainly ones equally preachy about their wiccanism as they are their veganism. :shifty:
I recently asked Monk Asst. if "Fat Vegan" was a good band name and he said no because there are some.
Foolish Monkey Assistant, hold out for hard currency, which can be used for multiple purchases, including hot sauces.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
tepista wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
tepista wrote:

Foolish Monkey Assistant, hold out for hard currency, which can be used for multiple purchases, including hot sauces.
He'll never make Monkey Manager with that attitude.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

PETA is targeting my town now: http://www.peta.org/blog/runaway-reinde ... -colorado/

There some factual errors in PETA's blog post, beginning with the fact that the reindeer wasn't inside a mall (or inside anywhere).
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:PETA is targeting my town now: http://www.peta.org/blog/runaway-reinde ... -colorado/

There some factual errors in PETA's blog post, beginning with the fact that the reindeer wasn't inside a mall (or inside anywhere).
Can I take the opportunity to warn the mayor that one of the councillors really likes the Exploited? By any sensible measure, that trumps reindeer abuse.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:Can I take the opportunity to warn the mayor that one of the councillors really likes the Exploited? By any sensible measure, that trumps reindeer abuse.
But I'm so close to getting the town name changed to Dead Cities!
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:Can I take the opportunity to warn the mayor that one of the councillors really likes the Exploited? By any sensible measure, that trumps reindeer abuse.
But I'm so close to getting the town name changed to Dead Cities!
You've persuaded me. I'll hold off. :lol:

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

http://www.peta.org/media/news-releases ... -wildlife/

Jesus Christ...who gave them access to the military-industrial complex??? :ohboy:

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:Given that renaming fish as sea kittens was so inspired, what else is PETA up to …?

Pet Shop Boys asked to change their name by PETA
How far would you go for charity? It used to be considered gallant to sit in a bath of baked beans to raise money, but Pet Shop Boys have been asked to go one step further. Animal rights group Peta have approached them, requesting that the band change their name to the Rescue Shelter Boys, as a protest against the cruel conditions of many pet shops.

"Dear Neil and Chris," begins the letter from Peta Europe, "You have many loyal fans of the Pet Shop Boys here at Peta. We have a request that may at first seem bizarre, but we hope that after considering the following facts, you will understand why we are asking this of you: will you please consider changing your name from the Pet Shop Boys to the Rescue Shelter Boys?" Well, it certainly makes those baked beans seem insignificant.

According to Peta representative Yvonne Taylor, the cuddly image of the pet shop is one that belies the often terrible conditions dogs, cats and even hamsters have to suffer while living in them. "With an emphasis on quantity rather than quality," Taylor writes, "unmonitored genetic defects and personality disorders pass from one generation of puppies and kittens to the next. Many animals end up with abnormalities that result in both heartbreak and high veterinary bills for the unsuspecting people who buy them."

The letter, posted on Pet Shop Boys' website, continues to paint a thoroughly bleak picture of the reality of pet shops before cunningly suggesting that "agreeing to change your name to the Rescue Shelter Boys, you would help raise awareness about the cruelty involved in the pet trade and encourage your millions of fans to consider giving a home to an abandoned or unwanted animal from an animal shelter. So, what do you say?"

Sadly, Neil Tennant and Chris Lowe could not comply with Peta's request. But according to a post on their website, they do think the request "raises an issue worth thinking about".
How many people do they dissuade by their ridiculous ideas? We can probably all agree that what happens in pet stores is actually pretty hideous, but PETA consistently manages to make sensible positions seem the domain of the flaky.
" Animal rights group Peta have approached them, requesting that the band change their name to the Rescue Shelter Boys"

Peta Shop Boys would require a lots less type on the duo's new single sleeve. A remix of "What Have I Done to Deserve This?" (with Lady Ga Ga). The sleeve will feature a pig wrapped in bacon.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/national/p ... veg/nfTtZ/

Note to self: open clown college in Gacy's house as principled stand against tofurkey.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

PETA apparently has no idea how shitty it is to offer to pay the water bills of inner city Detroit poor IF AND ONLY IF they agree to go vegan.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:PETA apparently has no idea how shitty it is to offer to pay the water bills of inner city Detroit poor IF AND ONLY IF they agree to go vegan.
If your tactics include preying on the desperate, self-defining as representing superior morality should result in a complete internal collapse due to profound contradictions. One would think, anyway.

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote:PETA apparently has no idea how shitty it is to offer to pay the water bills of inner city Detroit poor IF AND ONLY IF they agree to go vegan.
If your tactics include preying on the desperate, self-defining as representing superior morality should result in a complete internal collapse due to profound contradictions. One would think, anyway.
Ah, but when your organization is based on the initial presumption that internal chaos and self-defeating contradiction is a feature not a bug. . .

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Rat Patrol wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Ah, but when your organization is based on the initial presumption that internal chaos and self-defeating contradiction is a feature not a bug. . .
They're Marxists?