A left-libertarian on Glenn Beck?

Politics and other such topical creams.
matedog
User avatar
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought
Posts: 19964
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: 1995

Re: A left-libertarian on Glenn Beck?

Post by matedog » 01 Apr 2010, 1:11pm

Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote:
eumaas wrote:A libertarian anarchist on facebook just referred to anarcho-communists as "Trotskyite anarchists." Jesus fucking christ, the ignorance of your average anarcho-capitalist is fucking staggering. All it takes is less than a half-hour of reading on wikipedia.
I can't even fathom how that would work.
We've reached the stage where any and all labels can be joined by a hyphen.
Nazi-Commie.
Image
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Kory
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 7538
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 1:42pm
Location: In the Discosphere

Re: A left-libertarian on Glenn Beck?

Post by Kory » 01 Apr 2010, 1:12pm

matedog wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote:
eumaas wrote:A libertarian anarchist on facebook just referred to anarcho-communists as "Trotskyite anarchists." Jesus fucking christ, the ignorance of your average anarcho-capitalist is fucking staggering. All it takes is less than a half-hour of reading on wikipedia.
I can't even fathom how that would work.
We've reached the stage where any and all labels can be joined by a hyphen.
Nazi-Commie.
Image
Man, there's a picture of goddamn everything online.
Inder:
Absolutely. Here's another collection of words:

Table salt (spoon hinge)
Octopus (Ukraine)
St. Petersburg (arms)
Ginger beer (cauliflower)
Pat Sajak (PSak)
Lamp post (self evident)
Florida Timeshare (ditto)
Heraclitus (EMI)
Developers (Developers Developers)
Boogie With Your Children

Wolter
User avatar
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen
Posts: 49331
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:59pm
Location: ¡HOLIDAY RO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-OAD!
Contact:

Re: A left-libertarian on Glenn Beck?

Post by Wolter » 08 Apr 2010, 4:49pm

"There's something more honest, he believed, about traditional methods of mass starvation, labour camps, and machine gunning millions to death. Stalin was a vinyl guy who sneered at Truman converting everything to compact disc." - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

eumaas
User avatar
Klezmer Shogun
Posts: 22617
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 8:10pm
Location: Carrboro/Alamut

Re: A left-libertarian on Glenn Beck?

Post by eumaas » 21 Apr 2010, 10:00am

Missing the boat and splashing around in the water:
http://www.libertarianstandard.com/2010 ... tarianism/

Oh, and anybody who believes there isn't alienation in wage labor probably hasn't worked a wage job.
"The only thing that really occurs to me that I can say on this is to point out how fascinating it is that the Hassan-i-Sabbah archetype keeps turning up over and over again ... He disappears up into the mountains and is never seen again. Believe me, he'll never be seen again. He'll live forever because of that."

eumaas
User avatar
Klezmer Shogun
Posts: 22617
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 8:10pm
Location: Carrboro/Alamut

Re: A left-libertarian on Glenn Beck?

Post by eumaas » 21 Apr 2010, 10:02am

I mean, Kinsella's a lawyer. What does he know about the average job?
"The only thing that really occurs to me that I can say on this is to point out how fascinating it is that the Hassan-i-Sabbah archetype keeps turning up over and over again ... He disappears up into the mountains and is never seen again. Believe me, he'll never be seen again. He'll live forever because of that."

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71593
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: A left-libertarian on Glenn Beck?

Post by Dr. Medulla » 16 Jul 2010, 9:03am

Oh mercy and golly gee, Glenn Beck is outraged—outraged!—by what Michelle Obama wore while touring the Gulf coast. Funny, the things that do and do not cause outrage in the loony camp.
Endut! Hoch Hech!

JennyB
User avatar
Clash Cuck
Posts: 15477
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 1:13pm
Location: Moranjortsville

Re: A left-libertarian on Glenn Beck?

Post by JennyB » 16 Jul 2010, 9:55am

Dr. Medulla wrote:Oh mercy and golly gee, Glenn Beck is outraged—outraged!—by what Michelle Obama wore while touring the Gulf coast. Funny, the things that do and do not cause outrage in the loony camp.
He's just jealous because her arms are so fabulous and he's a big lump.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

Don't talk shop.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71593
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: A left-libertarian on Glenn Beck?

Post by Dr. Medulla » 16 Jul 2010, 10:06am

JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:Oh mercy and golly gee, Glenn Beck is outraged—outraged!—by what Michelle Obama wore while touring the Gulf coast. Funny, the things that do and do not cause outrage in the loony camp.
He's just jealous because her arms are so fabulous and he's a big lump.
So it's more than him being an opportunistic demagogue?
Endut! Hoch Hech!

JennyB
User avatar
Clash Cuck
Posts: 15477
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 1:13pm
Location: Moranjortsville

Re: A left-libertarian on Glenn Beck?

Post by JennyB » 16 Jul 2010, 10:10am

Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:Oh mercy and golly gee, Glenn Beck is outraged—outraged!—by what Michelle Obama wore while touring the Gulf coast. Funny, the things that do and do not cause outrage in the loony camp.
He's just jealous because her arms are so fabulous and he's a big lump.
So it's more than him being an opportunistic demagogue?
Yes...much, much more.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

Don't talk shop.

Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 25123
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!
Contact:

Re: A left-libertarian on Glenn Beck?

Post by Flex » 16 Jul 2010, 12:20pm

The outfit outrage is silly, but this is the more truly vile stuff:
“If you just tuned in, boy, this has got to be the weirdest damn episode you've ever heard on the Glenn Beck program,” Glenn Beck admitted late last night, as he took another shot at Christian social justice missions. This time he claimed that black liberation theology—theology that believes Jesus saves victims from their oppressors—forces whites to unnecessarily confess to racism and inspires the government to redistribute money from wealthy whites to victimized minorities. Because Jesus is not a victim, in Beck's words, “Social justice isn't in the Bible.”

However three days before the resurrection, Jesus, a Palestinian Jew, himself was tortured and hung on a cross. Beck says that even then Jesus was only a victor—“If Jesus was a victim he would have come back from the dead and made the Jews pay for what they did.”
http://swampland.blogs.time.com/2010/07 ... z0trYppN4f
"I live inside my own heart, Matt Damon." - Prince

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71593
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: A left-libertarian on Glenn Beck?

Post by Dr. Medulla » 16 Jul 2010, 12:23pm

Flex wrote:The outfit outrage is silly, but this is the more truly vile stuff:
“If you just tuned in, boy, this has got to be the weirdest damn episode you've ever heard on the Glenn Beck program,” Glenn Beck admitted late last night, as he took another shot at Christian social justice missions. This time he claimed that black liberation theology—theology that believes Jesus saves victims from their oppressors—forces whites to unnecessarily confess to racism and inspires the government to redistribute money from wealthy whites to victimized minorities. Because Jesus is not a victim, in Beck's words, “Social justice isn't in the Bible.”

However three days before the resurrection, Jesus, a Palestinian Jew, himself was tortured and hung on a cross. Beck says that even then Jesus was only a victor—“If Jesus was a victim he would have come back from the dead and made the Jews pay for what they did.”
http://swampland.blogs.time.com/2010/07 ... z0trYppN4f
I'm surprised that he's still pushing the anti-social justice button. He pissed off a lot of Christians the last time that surfaced, left and right. Beck will flame out, that's certain, but how close are we to that day?
Endut! Hoch Hech!

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71593
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: A left-libertarian on Glenn Beck?

Post by Dr. Medulla » 16 Aug 2010, 9:12pm

Image
Endut! Hoch Hech!

Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 25123
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!
Contact:

Re: A left-libertarian on Glenn Beck?

Post by Flex » 16 Aug 2010, 9:14pm

Ahahaha!!!
"I live inside my own heart, Matt Damon." - Prince

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

Still216
User avatar
Hoy Without The Hoy
Posts: 1893
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 2:08pm
Location: At least it's not Detroit

Re: A left-libertarian on Glenn Beck?

Post by Still216 » 17 Aug 2010, 12:02am

Dr. Medulla wrote: I'm surprised that he's still pushing the anti-social justice button. He pissed off a lot of Christians the last time that surfaced, left and right. Beck will flame out, that's certain, but how close are we to that day?
He's on a cable news network and AM radio. He will probably pull enough of a marginal audience to sustain his Fox News TV show as long as he wants, until he says something more overtly racist than he already has, or something explicitly slanderous. He'll be on AM radio for forever. It's AM radio. I think Imus and the Greaseman are still on AM radio, so there you go.

As for when he drops out of the public consciousness ala Michael Savage and Dr. Laura...after the 2012 election is my guess.
Sit on my lap, I'm sober! - cretin
Dylan can never care about anything, not a troublesome woman, not a beleagured workingman, not a fingerless glove or sleeveless jacket, as much as Andrew WK cares about partying. - Silent Majority

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71593
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: A left-libertarian on Glenn Beck?

Post by Dr. Medulla » 17 Aug 2010, 6:38am

Still216 wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote: I'm surprised that he's still pushing the anti-social justice button. He pissed off a lot of Christians the last time that surfaced, left and right. Beck will flame out, that's certain, but how close are we to that day?
He's on a cable news network and AM radio. He will probably pull enough of a marginal audience to sustain his Fox News TV show as long as he wants, until he says something more overtly racist than he already has, or something explicitly slanderous. He'll be on AM radio for forever. It's AM radio. I think Imus and the Greaseman are still on AM radio, so there you go.

As for when he drops out of the public consciousness ala Michael Savage and Dr. Laura...after the 2012 election is my guess.
Depending on what happens in 2012. If the "sitting around, reading 'Guns and Ammo,' masturbating in your own feces" crowd controls the convention and gets slaughtered by Obama a la 1964, that whole brand might be in retreat.
Endut! Hoch Hech!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests