The Future of the Republican Party

Politics and other such topical creams.
Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 89406
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia

Re: The Future of the Republican Party

Post by Dr. Medulla »

WestwayKid wrote:
11 Apr 2018, 11:12am
The thought this morning is that they'll run a guy named Dave Craig - who represents my district in the Wisconsin legislature. He's a pretty vile person, too. Small government, anti-abortion, pro-gun...you all know the rest.
Vice suggests Paul Nehlen, of the Nazi Nehlens: https://news.vice.com/en_us/article/9kg ... ationalist
Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 89406
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia

Re: The Future of the Republican Party

Post by Dr. Medulla »

*snort* My thinking has evolved = I don't have to cater to loopy social conservative interests anymore and I want to make some easy dough.
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/04/11/john-bo ... ovled.html
Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

WestwayKid
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 3723
Joined: 20 Sep 2017, 8:22am
Location: Mill-e-wah-que

Re: The Future of the Republican Party

Post by WestwayKid »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Apr 2018, 8:13pm
WestwayKid wrote:
11 Apr 2018, 11:12am
The thought this morning is that they'll run a guy named Dave Craig - who represents my district in the Wisconsin legislature. He's a pretty vile person, too. Small government, anti-abortion, pro-gun...you all know the rest.
Vice suggests Paul Nehlen, of the Nazi Nehlens: https://news.vice.com/en_us/article/9kg ... ationalist
Nehlen was always going to run against Ryan in the GOP primary late summer - but Wisconsin GOP can't stand the guy. They even "refunded" his party dues. The establishment GOP is going to find a more palatable candidate...but I use the term palatable loosely...
"Geoff who takes kids camping is dead all the boys except Rusty are missing." - revbob
"Tom checks the ingredients on "Uncle Pusher's Old Timey Cocaine Filled Cider" - Silent Majority

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 89406
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia

Re: The Future of the Republican Party

Post by Dr. Medulla »

WestwayKid wrote:
12 Apr 2018, 7:07am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Apr 2018, 8:13pm
WestwayKid wrote:
11 Apr 2018, 11:12am
The thought this morning is that they'll run a guy named Dave Craig - who represents my district in the Wisconsin legislature. He's a pretty vile person, too. Small government, anti-abortion, pro-gun...you all know the rest.
Vice suggests Paul Nehlen, of the Nazi Nehlens: https://news.vice.com/en_us/article/9kg ... ationalist
Nehlen was always going to run against Ryan in the GOP primary late summer - but Wisconsin GOP can't stand the guy. They even "refunded" his party dues. The establishment GOP is going to find a more palatable candidate...but I use the term palatable loosely...
While acknowledging that you have infinitely more knowledge of Wisconsin politics, but after Trump and Moore I'm not sure anyone can confidently say that the party establishment can exclude the overt fascists if they want to.
Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

WestwayKid
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 3723
Joined: 20 Sep 2017, 8:22am
Location: Mill-e-wah-que

Re: The Future of the Republican Party

Post by WestwayKid »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 Apr 2018, 7:15am
WestwayKid wrote:
12 Apr 2018, 7:07am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Apr 2018, 8:13pm
WestwayKid wrote:
11 Apr 2018, 11:12am
The thought this morning is that they'll run a guy named Dave Craig - who represents my district in the Wisconsin legislature. He's a pretty vile person, too. Small government, anti-abortion, pro-gun...you all know the rest.
Vice suggests Paul Nehlen, of the Nazi Nehlens: https://news.vice.com/en_us/article/9kg ... ationalist
Nehlen was always going to run against Ryan in the GOP primary late summer - but Wisconsin GOP can't stand the guy. They even "refunded" his party dues. The establishment GOP is going to find a more palatable candidate...but I use the term palatable loosely...
While acknowledging that you have infinitely more knowledge of Wisconsin politics, but after Trump and Moore I'm not sure anyone can confidently say that the party establishment can exclude the overt fascists if they want to.
It would be interesting if Nehlen somehow got the GOP nomination. While we have our share of overt fascists - the bulk of Ryan's support came from country club establishment Republicans. Best bet for Democrats is a guy named Randy Bryce. Pretty solid guy. The progressives love him. I wonder if the GOP picks a guy closer to Moore if the middle-of-the-road Republicans might gravitate towards a Bryce - or would he still be too far to the left to be palatable?

I just know for 20 years it's felt like we never had a chance to take back this seat and now I feel like we have a very real chance. I've volunteered to make calls for Bryce - but now I'm thinking I want to get out and canvas and just do more. Would be really great to turn the 1st blue again!!
"Geoff who takes kids camping is dead all the boys except Rusty are missing." - revbob
"Tom checks the ingredients on "Uncle Pusher's Old Timey Cocaine Filled Cider" - Silent Majority

Wolter
User avatar
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen
Posts: 53541
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:59pm
Location: ¡HOLIDAY RO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-OAD!

Re: The Future of the Republican Party

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 Apr 2018, 7:15am
WestwayKid wrote:
12 Apr 2018, 7:07am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Apr 2018, 8:13pm
WestwayKid wrote:
11 Apr 2018, 11:12am
The thought this morning is that they'll run a guy named Dave Craig - who represents my district in the Wisconsin legislature. He's a pretty vile person, too. Small government, anti-abortion, pro-gun...you all know the rest.
Vice suggests Paul Nehlen, of the Nazi Nehlens: https://news.vice.com/en_us/article/9kg ... ationalist
Nehlen was always going to run against Ryan in the GOP primary late summer - but Wisconsin GOP can't stand the guy. They even "refunded" his party dues. The establishment GOP is going to find a more palatable candidate...but I use the term palatable loosely...
While acknowledging that you have infinitely more knowledge of Wisconsin politics, but after Trump and Moore I'm not sure anyone can confidently say that the party establishment can exclude the overt fascists if they want to.
Lord knows the Illinois GOP didn't even bother to give lip service to not beating a literal nazi in the primary.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Inder
User avatar
corecore vanguard
Posts: 9635
Joined: 14 Jun 2008, 3:28pm

Re: The Future of the Republican Party

Post by Inder »




Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 89406
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia

Re: The Future of the Republican Party

Post by Dr. Medulla »

The intriguing thing at this point is whether Cohen is willing to go to jail without cooperating rather than try to save his own ass. Can't help but think that even in jail he'll get shivved.
Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 89406
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia

Re: The Future of the Republican Party

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kentuckians: They only molest kids during school hours.
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing- ... cause-they
Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

BostonBeaneater
User avatar
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel
Posts: 10416
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:24pm
Location: Between the moon and New York City

Re: The Future of the Republican Party

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Image

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 89406
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia

Re: The Future of the Republican Party

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Billboard in Texas …
Image
Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 89406
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia

Re: The Future of the Republican Party

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Why Do Racists Keep Popping Up In Republican Primaries?
https://forward.com/news/national/40191 ... primaries/
Image

I think I can answer this one!
Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 89406
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia

Re: The Future of the Republican Party

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

BostonBeaneater
User avatar
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel
Posts: 10416
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:24pm
Location: Between the moon and New York City

Re: The Future of the Republican Party

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Charter Schools!


Image
Image

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 89406
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia

Re: The Future of the Republican Party

Post by Dr. Medulla »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
12 Jun 2018, 4:24pm
Charter Schools!


Image
I'd much prefer they just stick with fossils being god's test of faith.
Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

Post Reply