The Future of the Republican Party

Politics and other such topical creams.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: The Future of the Republican Party

Post by Dr. Medulla »

WestwayKid wrote:
11 Apr 2018, 11:12am
The thought this morning is that they'll run a guy named Dave Craig - who represents my district in the Wisconsin legislature. He's a pretty vile person, too. Small government, anti-abortion, pro-gun...you all know the rest.
Vice suggests Paul Nehlen, of the Nazi Nehlens: https://news.vice.com/en_us/article/9kg ... ationalist
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

*snort* My thinking has evolved = I don't have to cater to loopy social conservative interests anymore and I want to make some easy dough.
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/04/11/john-bo ... ovled.html
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Apr 2018, 8:13pm
WestwayKid wrote:
The thought this morning is that they'll run a guy named Dave Craig - who represents my district in the Wisconsin legislature. He's a pretty vile person, too. Small government, anti-abortion, pro-gun...you all know the rest.
Vice suggests Paul Nehlen, of the Nazi Nehlens: https://news.vice.com/en_us/article/9kg ... ationalist
Nehlen was always going to run against Ryan in the GOP primary late summer - but Wisconsin GOP can't stand the guy. They even "refunded" his party dues. The establishment GOP is going to find a more palatable candidate...but I use the term palatable loosely...
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

WestwayKid wrote:
12 Apr 2018, 7:07am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
Nehlen was always going to run against Ryan in the GOP primary late summer - but Wisconsin GOP can't stand the guy. They even "refunded" his party dues. The establishment GOP is going to find a more palatable candidate...but I use the term palatable loosely...
While acknowledging that you have infinitely more knowledge of Wisconsin politics, but after Trump and Moore I'm not sure anyone can confidently say that the party establishment can exclude the overt fascists if they want to.

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 Apr 2018, 7:15am
WestwayKid wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
While acknowledging that you have infinitely more knowledge of Wisconsin politics, but after Trump and Moore I'm not sure anyone can confidently say that the party establishment can exclude the overt fascists if they want to.
It would be interesting if Nehlen somehow got the GOP nomination. While we have our share of overt fascists - the bulk of Ryan's support came from country club establishment Republicans. Best bet for Democrats is a guy named Randy Bryce. Pretty solid guy. The progressives love him. I wonder if the GOP picks a guy closer to Moore if the middle-of-the-road Republicans might gravitate towards a Bryce - or would he still be too far to the left to be palatable?

I just know for 20 years it's felt like we never had a chance to take back this seat and now I feel like we have a very real chance. I've volunteered to make calls for Bryce - but now I'm thinking I want to get out and canvas and just do more. Would be really great to turn the 1st blue again!!
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 Apr 2018, 7:15am
WestwayKid wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
Lord knows the Illinois GOP didn't even bother to give lip service to not beating a literal nazi in the primary.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

The intriguing thing at this point is whether Cohen is willing to go to jail without cooperating rather than try to save his own ass. Can't help but think that even in jail he'll get shivved.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kentuckians: They only molest kids during school hours.
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing- ... cause-they

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Billboard in Texas …

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Why Do Racists Keep Popping Up In Republican Primaries?
https://forward.com/news/national/40191 ... primaries/

I think I can answer this one!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Charter Schools!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
12 Jun 2018, 4:24pm
Charter Schools!

I'd much prefer they just stick with fossils being god's test of faith.