The Future of the Republican Party

Politics and other such topical creams.
eumaas
User avatar
Klezmer Shogun
Posts: 22617
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 8:10pm
Location: Carrboro/Alamut

Re: The Future of the Republican Party

Post by eumaas » 10 Mar 2009, 8:51am

Oh god.
Last spring, as the presidential campaign was in full roar, Jonathan decided the term conservatism was so misused that he needed to write a book explaining it. He received a computer from his maternal grandfather for his 13th birthday. “In the Jewish culture in which my mom was raised, 13 is a big deal,” he said. “But since I’m a Jewish Christian, I don’t do a bar mitzvah.” (Decades ago, his mother became a Baptist.)
EDIT:
Jonathan apologetically described the book as a “first effort.” The second edition, he said, will have less about Thomas Jefferson and more about Alexander Hamilton and James Monroe.
Yeah, I'd expect so, since the modern Republican Party is Hamiltonian as fuck.
"The only thing that really occurs to me that I can say on this is to point out how fascinating it is that the Hassan-i-Sabbah archetype keeps turning up over and over again ... He disappears up into the mountains and is never seen again. Believe me, he'll never be seen again. He'll live forever because of that."

Wolter
User avatar
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen
Posts: 49329
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:59pm
Location: ¡HOLIDAY RO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-OAD!
Contact:

Re: The Future of the Republican Party

Post by Wolter » 10 Mar 2009, 10:05am

eumaas wrote:Oh god.
Last spring, as the presidential campaign was in full roar, Jonathan decided the term conservatism was so misused that he needed to write a book explaining it. He received a computer from his maternal grandfather for his 13th birthday. “In the Jewish culture in which my mom was raised, 13 is a big deal,” he said. “But since I’m a Jewish Christian, I don’t do a bar mitzvah.” (Decades ago, his mother became a Baptist.)
EDIT:
Jonathan apologetically described the book as a “first effort.” The second edition, he said, will have less about Thomas Jefferson and more about Alexander Hamilton and James Monroe.
Yeah, I'd expect so, since the modern Republican Party is Hamiltonian as fuck.
Because Hamilton was a closet monarchist.

Wow, a Jewish Baptist named Jonathan. If I were Jewish, that would describe me at 12. By 13, though, I had outgrown that God BS. So clearly this kid isn't that smart[/Dawkins]
"There's something more honest, he believed, about traditional methods of mass starvation, labour camps, and machine gunning millions to death. Stalin was a vinyl guy who sneered at Truman converting everything to compact disc." - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71586
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: The Future of the Republican Party

Post by Dr. Medulla » 10 Mar 2009, 10:11am

Wolter wrote:Because Hamilton was a closet monarchist.
Closet? If so, then the closet door was wide open.
Endut! Hoch Hech!

Wolter
User avatar
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen
Posts: 49329
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:59pm
Location: ¡HOLIDAY RO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-OAD!
Contact:

Re: The Future of the Republican Party

Post by Wolter » 10 Mar 2009, 10:12am

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote:Because Hamilton was a closet monarchist.
Closet? If so, then the closet door was wide open.
I'm sorry, I meant to say "Because Hamilton was a closet case and a monarchist."
"There's something more honest, he believed, about traditional methods of mass starvation, labour camps, and machine gunning millions to death. Stalin was a vinyl guy who sneered at Truman converting everything to compact disc." - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71586
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: The Future of the Republican Party

Post by Dr. Medulla » 10 Mar 2009, 10:42am

On a whim, I googled "Aaron Burr society," on the hopes that I'd find some domestic terrorist group dedicated to assassinating Republicans. What I found was curiously ironic.
Endut! Hoch Hech!

Wolter
User avatar
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen
Posts: 49329
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:59pm
Location: ¡HOLIDAY RO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-OAD!
Contact:

Re: The Future of the Republican Party

Post by Wolter » 10 Mar 2009, 11:02am

Dr. Medulla wrote:On a whim, I googled "Aaron Burr society," on the hopes that I'd find some domestic terrorist group dedicated to assassinating Republicans. What I found was curiously ironic.
Ha!
"There's something more honest, he believed, about traditional methods of mass starvation, labour camps, and machine gunning millions to death. Stalin was a vinyl guy who sneered at Truman converting everything to compact disc." - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Jimmy Jazz
User avatar
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 1493
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 6:40pm

Re: The Future of the Republican Party

Post by Jimmy Jazz » 10 Mar 2009, 11:04am

Dr. Medulla wrote:Well, there's the Alaskan ditz. There's the Bayou Indian exorcist Mr. Rogers. There's the unlicensed plumber guy. And now there's a smart aleck thirteen year old. Seriously. The frat boy and the Bond villain don't look so ridiculous anymore …
"Jonathan Krohn: 13-Year-Old Conservative Wunderkind Wows CPAC, Joe The Plumber"

And Joe The Plumber is NOT wowed easily!

Wolter
User avatar
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen
Posts: 49329
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:59pm
Location: ¡HOLIDAY RO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-OAD!
Contact:

Re: The Future of the Republican Party

Post by Wolter » 10 Mar 2009, 11:05am

Jimmy Jazz wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:Well, there's the Alaskan ditz. There's the Bayou Indian exorcist Mr. Rogers. There's the unlicensed plumber guy. And now there's a smart aleck thirteen year old. Seriously. The frat boy and the Bond villain don't look so ridiculous anymore …
"Jonathan Krohn: 13-Year-Old Conservative Wunderkind Wows CPAC, Joe The Plumber"

And Joe The Plumber is NOT wowed easily!
I prefer the term "Sam the Media Whore." It's slightly more accurate.
"There's something more honest, he believed, about traditional methods of mass starvation, labour camps, and machine gunning millions to death. Stalin was a vinyl guy who sneered at Truman converting everything to compact disc." - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Jimmy Jazz
User avatar
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 1493
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 6:40pm

Re: The Future of the Republican Party

Post by Jimmy Jazz » 10 Mar 2009, 11:08am

Wolter wrote:
Jimmy Jazz wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:Well, there's the Alaskan ditz. There's the Bayou Indian exorcist Mr. Rogers. There's the unlicensed plumber guy. And now there's a smart aleck thirteen year old. Seriously. The frat boy and the Bond villain don't look so ridiculous anymore …
"Jonathan Krohn: 13-Year-Old Conservative Wunderkind Wows CPAC, Joe The Plumber"

And Joe The Plumber is NOT wowed easily!
I prefer the term "Sam the Media Whore." It's slightly more accurate.
I was hoping the best thing about the election being over is never having to hear about that fuck again.

Well, second best - first would be Palin. Who seems to have gone away now. Though I enjoyed her porno.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71586
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: The Future of the Republican Party

Post by Dr. Medulla » 10 Mar 2009, 11:24am

Jimmy Jazz wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Jimmy Jazz wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:Well, there's the Alaskan ditz. There's the Bayou Indian exorcist Mr. Rogers. There's the unlicensed plumber guy. And now there's a smart aleck thirteen year old. Seriously. The frat boy and the Bond villain don't look so ridiculous anymore …
"Jonathan Krohn: 13-Year-Old Conservative Wunderkind Wows CPAC, Joe The Plumber"

And Joe The Plumber is NOT wowed easily!
I prefer the term "Sam the Media Whore." It's slightly more accurate.
I was hoping the best thing about the election being over is never having to hear about that fuck again.

Well, second best - first would be Palin. Who seems to have gone away now. Though I enjoyed her porno.
Glad that she's found time to explore her artistic side.
Endut! Hoch Hech!

JennyB
User avatar
Clash Cuck
Posts: 15477
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 1:13pm
Location: Moranjortsville

Re: The Future of the Republican Party

Post by JennyB » 10 Mar 2009, 3:14pm

Jimmy Jazz wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:Well, there's the Alaskan ditz. There's the Bayou Indian exorcist Mr. Rogers. There's the unlicensed plumber guy. And now there's a smart aleck thirteen year old. Seriously. The frat boy and the Bond villain don't look so ridiculous anymore …
"Jonathan Krohn: 13-Year-Old Conservative Wunderkind Wows CPAC, Joe The Plumber"

And Joe The Plumber is NOT wowed easily!
That's funny that a guy named Krohn would wow a plumber. Get it?
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

Don't talk shop.

Wolter
User avatar
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen
Posts: 49329
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:59pm
Location: ¡HOLIDAY RO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-OAD!
Contact:

Re: The Future of the Republican Party

Post by Wolter » 10 Mar 2009, 3:18pm

JennyB wrote:
Jimmy Jazz wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:Well, there's the Alaskan ditz. There's the Bayou Indian exorcist Mr. Rogers. There's the unlicensed plumber guy. And now there's a smart aleck thirteen year old. Seriously. The frat boy and the Bond villain don't look so ridiculous anymore …
"Jonathan Krohn: 13-Year-Old Conservative Wunderkind Wows CPAC, Joe The Plumber"

And Joe The Plumber is NOT wowed easily!
That's funny that a guy named Krohn would wow a plumber. Get it?
Is that a Krohn's disease reference?
"There's something more honest, he believed, about traditional methods of mass starvation, labour camps, and machine gunning millions to death. Stalin was a vinyl guy who sneered at Truman converting everything to compact disc." - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

JennyB
User avatar
Clash Cuck
Posts: 15477
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 1:13pm
Location: Moranjortsville

Re: The Future of the Republican Party

Post by JennyB » 10 Mar 2009, 3:21pm

Wolter wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Jimmy Jazz wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:Well, there's the Alaskan ditz. There's the Bayou Indian exorcist Mr. Rogers. There's the unlicensed plumber guy. And now there's a smart aleck thirteen year old. Seriously. The frat boy and the Bond villain don't look so ridiculous anymore …
"Jonathan Krohn: 13-Year-Old Conservative Wunderkind Wows CPAC, Joe The Plumber"

And Joe The Plumber is NOT wowed easily!
That's funny that a guy named Krohn would wow a plumber. Get it?
Is that a Krohn's disease reference?
Yeah, though spelled with a K and not a C. I haz made a funny.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

Don't talk shop.

Wolter
User avatar
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen
Posts: 49329
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:59pm
Location: ¡HOLIDAY RO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-OAD!
Contact:

Re: The Future of the Republican Party

Post by Wolter » 10 Mar 2009, 3:22pm

JennyB wrote:
Wolter wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Jimmy Jazz wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:Well, there's the Alaskan ditz. There's the Bayou Indian exorcist Mr. Rogers. There's the unlicensed plumber guy. And now there's a smart aleck thirteen year old. Seriously. The frat boy and the Bond villain don't look so ridiculous anymore …
"Jonathan Krohn: 13-Year-Old Conservative Wunderkind Wows CPAC, Joe The Plumber"

And Joe The Plumber is NOT wowed easily!
That's funny that a guy named Krohn would wow a plumber. Get it?
Is that a Krohn's disease reference?
Yeah, though spelled with a K and not a C. I haz made a funny.
Then I do get it.
"There's something more honest, he believed, about traditional methods of mass starvation, labour camps, and machine gunning millions to death. Stalin was a vinyl guy who sneered at Truman converting everything to compact disc." - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

JennyB
User avatar
Clash Cuck
Posts: 15477
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 1:13pm
Location: Moranjortsville

Re: The Future of the Republican Party

Post by JennyB » 10 Mar 2009, 3:22pm

Wolter wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Wolter wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Jimmy Jazz wrote: "Jonathan Krohn: 13-Year-Old Conservative Wunderkind Wows CPAC, Joe The Plumber"

And Joe The Plumber is NOT wowed easily!
That's funny that a guy named Krohn would wow a plumber. Get it?
Is that a Krohn's disease reference?
Yeah, though spelled with a K and not a C. I haz made a funny.
Then I do get it.
That's because you're almost a Jew.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

Don't talk shop.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests