The Future of the Republican Party

Politics and other such topical creams.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: The Future of the Republican Party

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Ron Johnson was apparently visited by the ghost of Joseph Kennedy: https://www.newsweek.com/ron-johnson-uk ... ar-1869386
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

You can't make this stuff up...

Republican lawmaker claims her white father was a slave.

Ms Decker later told the Courier Journal that her father was essentially the same as a slave because he was born poor and worked on someone else's land.

She later admitted that calling her father a slave was "probably" too much, noting that her father did not experience the same abuses that enslaved Black people endured. Ms Decker also admitted that her family hadn't been kidnapped from their homes and shipped across the ocean to do their work.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/uknews/r ... 1da7&ei=15
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Sparky wrote:
13 Feb 2024, 8:15pm

Ms Decker later told the Courier Journal that her father was essentially the same as a slave because he was born poor and worked on someone else's land.

She later admitted that calling her father a slave was "probably" too much, noting that her father did not experience the same abuses that enslaved Black people endured. Ms Decker also admitted that her family hadn't been kidnapped from their homes and shipped across the ocean to do their work.

Someone should tell her that she's nearing a Marxist interpretation of labour under capitalism, where meaningful freedom is illusory.
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 Feb 2024, 8:29pm
Sparky wrote:

Someone should tell her that she's nearing a Marxist interpretation of labour under capitalism, where meaningful freedom is illusory.
Maybe I'll send her some of Bob Black's writing.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
14 Feb 2024, 2:35pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Sparky wrote:

It is, I should say, kinda neat how so many on the right are turning against the free market because producers don’t find them as valuable as those closer to the middle of the spectrum. Sure, their reasoning is dumblefuck—wokeness, Soros manipulation, etc—but it’s still fun to hear from that side after growing up in the neoliberal ascendency and faith that free markets would solve all our problems.

Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Post by Olaf »

Sparky wrote:
Ms Decker also admitted that her family hadn't been kidnapped from their homes and shipped across the ocean to do their work.
Not related to Desmond then. :shifty:
Who pfaffed the pfaff? Who got pfaffed tonight?

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Olaf wrote:
14 Feb 2024, 2:44pm
Sparky wrote:
Ms Decker also admitted that her family hadn't been kidnapped from their homes and shipped across the ocean to do their work.
Not related to Desmond then. :shifty:
:lol: Afraid not
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
14 Feb 2024, 2:42pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Sparky wrote:

It is, I should say, kinda neat how so many on the right are turning against the free market because producers don’t find them as valuable as those closer to the middle of the spectrum. Sure, their reasoning is dumblefuck—wokeness, Soros manipulation, etc—but it’s still fun to hear from that side after growing up in the neoliberal ascendency and faith that free markets would solve all our problems.
Are you reading that the right are offering any post-free market solutions for themselves, or is it just impotent wailing?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
14 Feb 2024, 2:49pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Sparky wrote:

Are you reading that the right are offering any post-free market solutions for themselves, or is it just impotent wailing?
I think you know full well that it’s impotent wailing.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
14 Feb 2024, 2:55pm
Kory wrote:
14 Feb 2024, 2:49pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I think you know full well that it’s impotent wailing.
:lol: yeah, just wanted to double-check.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Which is why, despite all their many, many, many faults, it's irresponsible not to support the Democrats: https://newrepublic.com/post/179247/jac ... -cpac-2024

Democrats should be incorporating this asshole's speech into ads this year.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Feb 2024, 6:33pm
Which is why, despite all their many, many, many faults, it's irresponsible not to support the Democrats: https://newrepublic.com/post/179247/jac ... -cpac-2024

The supporters of these fucks aren't going to learn anything until they find out what it's really like to live under authoritarianism. They ain't going to get any special treatment.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
23 Feb 2024, 7:03pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:

The supporters of these fucks aren't going to learn anything until they find out what it's really like to live under authoritarianism. They ain't going to get any special treatment.
See the Leopards Eating People's Faces Party joke. But that is the playbook of authoritarianism/totalitarianism—follow us and you'll finally be the winners of life.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Feb 2024, 7:22pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

See the Leopards Eating People's Faces Party joke. But that is the playbook of authoritarianism/totalitarianism—follow us and you'll finally be the winners of life.
I guess I should get in my fun now, I don't think we're going to win this.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
23 Feb 2024, 7:43pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Feb 2024, 7:22pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I guess I should get in my fun now, I don't think we're going to win this.
I refuse to give into pessimism because (a) I don't think the worst case is preordained (or even probable) and (b) there's no benefit in it.