WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Re: The Future of the Republican Party

Post by WestwayKid »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
07 Oct 2018, 10:05am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Oct 2018, 7:54am
This is, uh, an optimistic lemonade-making take: https://www.vox.com/2018/10/5/17941312/ ... legitimacy
Yuck. Imagine what their parents must be like...
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Ted Cruz is almost certainly the most aesthetically repulsive figures in American politics (not to mention intellectually and ethically repulsive). He looks like a damned troll emerging from under a bridge, slightly pained by sunshine.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 Oct 2018, 11:20am

Ted Cruz is almost certainly the most aesthetically repulsive figures in American politics (not to mention intellectually and ethically repulsive). He looks like a damned troll emerging from under a bridge, slightly pained by sunshine.
There's also this apt comparison:

Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
12 Oct 2018, 11:23am
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I know emphasizing appearance is shallow—Reagan and Kennedy were both good looking and communicated well, but lousy presidents—but Cruz is just so unsightly, I just don't know how a person like that could get elected to public office. Are Texans legally blind?
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 Oct 2018, 11:28am
JennyB wrote:
12 Oct 2018, 11:23am
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I know emphasizing appearance is shallow—Reagan and Kennedy were both good looking and communicated well, but lousy presidents—but Cruz is just so unsightly, I just don't know how a person like that could get elected to public office. Are Texans legally blind?
His odious personality doesn't help.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

JennyB wrote:
12 Oct 2018, 12:04pm

His odious personality doesn't help.
It's amazing how much a persons personality affects the way they look to me. I can hardly believe this guy ever got elected but then I remember how awful people are.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

The problem for Cruz was that he was revolting on a policy level and all the way down to a personal one. He inspired revulsion in people the way snakes do — in a primal, Jungian way. If you showed a picture of Ted Cruz to a newborn, it would probably start screaming. Probably a quarter of all columns about Ted Cruz feature the authors wrestling with what other, more knowable grotesque he reminds them of. Comedian John Mulaney said his “face looks like the entire movie Dick Tracy pushed together.”

The elements of staggeringly inauthentic humanity or authentic inhumanity started to pile up. His daughter recoiled from him, multiple times. He and his wife embraced in such proximal discomfort that it looked more like the puppets on Spitting Image.
https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/p ... ive-50873/

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 Oct 2018, 12:33pm
The problem for Cruz was that he was revolting on a policy level and all the way down to a personal one. He inspired revulsion in people the way snakes do — in a primal, Jungian way. If you showed a picture of Ted Cruz to a newborn, it would probably start screaming. Probably a quarter of all columns about Ted Cruz feature the authors wrestling with what other, more knowable grotesque he reminds them of. Comedian John Mulaney said his “face looks like the entire movie Dick Tracy pushed together.”

The elements of staggeringly inauthentic humanity or authentic inhumanity started to pile up. His daughter recoiled from him, multiple times. He and his wife embraced in such proximal discomfort that it looked more like the puppets on Spitting Image.
He definitely believes he's Nixon in 1966. Just waiting for his chance to leap back out and smite us all.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:
12 Oct 2018, 12:39pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:

He definitely believes he's Nixon in 1966. Just waiting for his chance to leap back out and smite us all.
Totally. That's why I love that Beto has a serious RFK vibe to him, even some visual similarities. I want a drunk Ted Cruz snarling at reporters when he concedes. After all this time, I deserve that!

BostonBeaneater

Dr. Medulla wrote:

How pleasant a Jeb Bush Presidency sounds right now. Up is down.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
12 Oct 2018, 2:22pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:

How pleasant a Jeb Bush Presidency sounds right now. Up is down.
It's come to that. :disshame:

BostonBeaneater

I love when a picture says it all.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:

I think McConnell is good competition here.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
15 Oct 2018, 5:11pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I think McConnell is good competition here.
McConnell is generic creepy old white ghoul. Ted Cruz is a failed alien clone of a human being—all the body parts are there but the effect is unnerving.