Politics and other such topical creams.
JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Re: The Future of the Republican Party

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
01 Oct 2018, 5:46pm
https://splinternews.com/heres-a-bunch- ... 1829446940

White men, worried about existential threats to masculinity, hide from women.
Good.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Oct 2018, 12:26pm
https://www.motherjones.com/politics/20 ... ean-start/
Max Boot needs a hug.
Javy Baez will give him one.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/br ... 70d04de18f

Oh boy, Jeff Flake is going to give the frowniest sad face over this!
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

Ha! Of course Flake and Collins are "Yes" votes because garbage people gonna garbage. Don't stop being transparently gullible, Fourth Estate.

51-49 the projected whip count for tomorrow's confirmation vote.

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Rat Patrol wrote:
05 Oct 2018, 12:51pm
Ha! Of course Flake and Collins are "Yes" votes because garbage people gonna garbage. Don't stop being transparently gullible, Fourth Estate.

I had an idiot glimmer of hope that this particular fuck you to humanity might be fought off. Dumb betting, as ever.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:
05 Oct 2018, 1:15pm
Rat Patrol wrote:
05 Oct 2018, 12:51pm

I had an idiot glimmer of hope that this particular fuck you to humanity might be fought off. Dumb betting, as ever.
Stepping back, it's a fascinating bit of wilful false consciousness. Everybody knows he lied about his drinking and the sex games. His supporters know he's lying but, like old Stalinists, they deny in deference to dogma. Reality must be wrong because political expediency demands that it be so.

There is zero doubt that future histories will brand them shallow, vile, and cowardly. And if they possessed an ounce of self-reflection, they would know that future generations will condemn them. Or, worse, they do know that and are so nihilistic they don't care.

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

For those counting, Murkowski was the only No on the GOP side...but she got reelected as a write-in after getting turfed in the '16 primary so she has no love lost for party. Manchin was predictably the only Dem turncoat voting yes...and no, he's unfortunately not at great risk of losing reelection so he'll always be trash.

Anyone calling dungperson Collins a "moderate" now needs to be forcibly parted from their press credentials like a blackout drunk to his driver's license.

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Rat Patrol wrote:
05 Oct 2018, 2:08pm
For those counting, Murkowski was the only No on the GOP side...but she got reelected as a write-in after getting turfed in the '16 primary so she has no love lost for party. Manchin was predictably the only Dem turncoat voting yes...and no, he's unfortunately not at great risk of losing reelection so he'll always be trash.

Anyone calling dungperson Collins a "moderate" now needs to be forcibly parted from their press credentials like a blackout drunk to his driver's license.
I just argued this point with someone and I completely agree with your statement about him.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Well, the grassroots left is going to be pushing for investigation/impeachment (tho conviction ain't gonna happen) and court packing. America: where the political crises keep a-comin'!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

This is, uh, an optimistic lemonade-making take: https://www.vox.com/2018/10/5/17941312/ ... legitimacy

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Oct 2018, 7:54am
This is, uh, an optimistic lemonade-making take: https://www.vox.com/2018/10/5/17941312/ ... legitimacy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

It's funny how even without the hat and shirts you can tell. They just scream white-genocide-incel-victim-victim-victim. Another time, another country, they'd be brownshirts, hoping to cover up their utter vacuity.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

There's something mesmerizing about how cynical and shameless McConnell conducts himself. He knows he can offer contradictory rationales knowing that conservative media will sell it as somehow principled to the meathead base. It's just an inelegant half-step from having always been at war with Eastasia.
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/mi ... e1fe3e6eab

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Oct 2018, 6:04pm
There's something mesmerizing about how cynical and shameless McConnell conducts himself. He knows he can offer contradictory rationales knowing that conservative media will sell it as somehow principled to the meathead base. It's just an inelegant half-step from having always been at war with Eastasia.
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/mi ... e1fe3e6eab
Actually, you're not far off from War with Eastasia re: Turtle. . .

https://www.salon.com/2018/10/05/histor ... y_partner/