Re: The Future of the Republican Party

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
21 Aug 2017, 3:35pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Aug 2017, 12:49pm
http://splinternews.com/notorious-ex-tr ... 1798155335

Quick and snarky guide to Republicans:
Slavery is appalling when equated to Obamacare, gun control, taxing the wealthy, environmental protection legislation, civil rights protections.
Slavery is cool when talking about actual historic chattel slavery.
See also...Nazis/the Holocaust (at least in the MO legislature, where selling a gay cake is just like the being gassed at Auschwitz).
Feminists = feminazis. Because equal treatment is precisely what Hitler emphasized.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Aug 2017, 3:37pm
Feminists = feminazis. Because equal treatment is precisely what Hitler emphasized.
Hitler was the first social justice warrior, is what i learned from sonic the hedgehog
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Interview with Corey Robin about the future of conservatism: http://splinternews.com/victory-can-be- ... 1798679236

I read his book when it came out. I wasn't overly enthused—it lacked nuance, as I recall—but it was for a general audience and it was written less out of scholarly inquiry than to influence current politics. Which is fine and all, but I'm usually not a fan of that kind of work.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
01 Sep 2017, 1:14pm

I read his book when it came out. I wasn't overly enthused—it lacked nuance, as I recall—but it was for a general audience and it was written less out of scholarly inquiry than to influence current politics. Which is fine and all, but I'm usually not a fan of that kind of work.
You like it dry, huh?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
01 Sep 2017, 11:10pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
01 Sep 2017, 1:14pm

You like it dry, huh?
Nah, just don't like the sense of being herded.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Truly, this is the future of the Republican Party: http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/c ... 13586.html

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Oct 2017, 5:54pm
Truly, this is the future of the Republican Party: http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/c ... 13586.html
There is a Frasier episode about this.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

https://splinternews.com/women-come-for ... 1820299870

But he's for an upper-class tax cut and hates Muslims and homos and kneeling athletes. Wonder which will count for more?

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Nov 2017, 3:49pm

But he's for an upper-class tax cut and hates Muslims and homos and kneeling athletes. Wonder which will count for more?
All the initial outrage from Repub leaders carry the important caveat "if proven true." It won't get proven true in a court of law before the election, R leaders won't give a shit, and his shitty supporters will start caping for pedophilia.

Addendum: it'shappening.gif
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
09 Nov 2017, 4:10pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Nov 2017, 3:49pm

All the initial outrage from Repub leaders carry the important caveat "if proven true." It won't get proven true in a court of law before the election, R leaders won't give a shit, and his shitty supporters will start caping for pedophilia.

Addendum: it'shappening.gif
For all their hot air about being more moral than Jesus himself, conservatives have been a lot more reluctant to follow thru on actually condemning their own when accused than liberals.

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Nov 2017, 5:04pm

For all their hot air about being more moral than Jesus himself, conservatives have been a lot more reluctant to follow thru on actually condemning their own when accused than liberals.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

The Bible really does provide a defence for anything a white male does, huh?

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

The sad thing is that it's all entirely predictable. All these Christian principles they espouse are weapons to be used against others, not ideals to live by. The only principles they truly adhere to are "fuck you" aimed at select groups.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Inder wrote:
09 Nov 2017, 9:08pm
This thread is blowing my mind.
This is absolutely horrifying.

I know that when I was hit on by a man in his 30's when I was 14 (I was at a Bar Mitzvah party, had braces and was committing the provocative act of standing with my friends), I basically ran crying for my mommy. And I thought I was so grown up. So fuck anyone who defends any person in their 30's who hits on a 14 year old.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy