Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
22 Jan 2024, 5:25pm
Mimi wrote:
21 Jan 2024, 5:09pm
Wow. What a fucking bootlicker.
Boot with LIFTS licker.
Flats are totally woke.
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Re: The Future of the Republican Party

Post by Mimi »

JennyB wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Boot with LIFTS licker.
:lol:

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Jan 2024, 5:57pm
JennyB wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Boot with LIFTS licker.
Flats are totally woke.
So is being your actual height!
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
23 Jan 2024, 11:00am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Boot with LIFTS licker.
Flats are totally woke.
And having a spine.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Jan 2024, 11:17am
JennyB wrote:
23 Jan 2024, 11:00am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Boot with LIFTS licker.
Flats are totally woke.
And having a spine.
That too.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Jan 2024, 9:27am
revbob wrote:
22 Jan 2024, 8:30am
gkbill wrote:
21 Jan 2024, 11:05pm
Sparky wrote:
21 Jan 2024, 8:55pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Jan 2024, 4:41pm
https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/ron-desan ... -1.7090534

DeSantismania, we hardly knew ye.
Giving good ol Cancun Cruz a run for the money of being Rumpies favorite ball licker.
Hello,

DeSantis ends his presidential campaign, begins his cabinet campaign.
Isnt what this has really been about from the start, same for Ms Haley. They "run against" trump all while praising him, saying they would pardon him all the while he's pissing in their faces. Its been a loyalty test.
At this point, Haley exists in case something happens between now and the convention. Trump is convicted or strokes out or something like that. Her staying in the race now excludes her from anything because she is clearly disloyal.
I'm wondering if she's a top candidate for 2028. My dad who voted for Trump in 16, Biden in 20, seems to like her unfortunately. She hides her race a lot better than Ramaswamy too, though Trump has been trying.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

matedog wrote:
23 Jan 2024, 11:39am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
gkbill wrote:
Sparky wrote:
21 Jan 2024, 8:55pm

Giving good ol Cancun Cruz a run for the money of being Rumpies favorite ball licker.
Hello,

Isnt what this has really been about from the start, same for Ms Haley. They "run against" trump all while praising him, saying they would pardon him all the while he's pissing in their faces. Its been a loyalty test.
At this point, Haley exists in case something happens between now and the convention. Trump is convicted or strokes out or something like that. Her staying in the race now excludes her from anything because she is clearly disloyal.
I'm wondering if she's a top candidate for 2028. My dad who voted for Trump in 16, Biden in 20, seems to like her unfortunately. She hides her race a lot better than Ramaswamy too, though Trump has been trying.
It really is impossible to tell what the Republican Party will be in four years, assuming the Democrats win the White House again. Even Trumpier yet? Does it split in half? So who knows if she's even in the conversation going forward.

matedog

Post by matedog »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Jan 2024, 11:58am
matedog wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
gkbill wrote:

Hello,

It really is impossible to tell what the Republican Party will be in four years, assuming the Democrats win the White House again. Even Trumpier yet? Does it split in half? So who knows if she's even in the conversation going forward.
Good point. I'm really curious what happens after Trump dies/retires.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

matedog wrote:
23 Jan 2024, 11:59am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Jan 2024, 11:58am
matedog wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:

Good point. I'm really curious what happens after Trump dies/retires.
It is such a cult of personality, especially given that he has no greater ideological principles than the grift and a hostility to democracy, so what exactly is there to step into when he's gone? So there'll be a shit-ton of infighting to claim the mantle, but it's hard to imagine anyone emerging who can motivate the grievance bloc the way Trump can.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

If I'm Nikki Haley, I genuinely can't fathom being willing to get absolutely curbstomped by Trump in my own home state. I wouldn't be surprised if her money dries up and she's forced out before it gets to that, but if she actually sticks it out then "public humiliation fetish" is the only plausible reason.

Addendum: I think the longer she stays in now the more it hurts her in the future. Right now she can say she fought the good fight and it just wasn't in the cards and can slink back off to whatever sewer she hang out in and start planning for 2028. The more lopsided losses she starts racking up the more pathetic she's going to look, and the longer it'll be without her bending the knee to Trump - which may make her persona non grata in her party in time.

She's also a pretty bad politician in general. I don't think she'd have the juice in '28 either, she has no poise, vision or ability to think on her feet. I'm always surprised, but I shouldn't be, just how awful these southern state R governors are at national politics. Theyre like college quarterbacks from good systems who come up to the NFl and are immediately exposed as frauds who have never faced adversity before (yeah, I'm comparing Nikki Haley to Mac Jones).
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

matedog

Post by matedog »

Flex wrote:
24 Jan 2024, 3:11pm
If I'm Nikki Haley, I genuinely can't fathom being willing to get absolutely curbstomped by Trump in my own home state. I wouldn't be surprised if her money dries up and she's forced out before it gets to that, but if she actually sticks it out then "public humiliation fetish" is the only plausible reason.

Addendum: I think the longer she stays in now the more it hurts her in the future. Right now she can say she fought the good fight and it just wasn't in the cards and can slink back off to whatever sewer she hang out in and start planning for 2028. The more lopsided losses she starts racking up the more pathetic she's going to look, and the longer it'll be without her bending the knee to Trump - which may make her persona non grata in her party in time.

She's also a pretty bad politician in general. I don't think she'd have the juice in '28 either, she has no poise, vision or ability to think on her feet. I'm always surprised, but I shouldn't be, just how awful these southern state R governors are at national politics. Theyre like college quarterbacks from good systems who come up to the NFl and are immediately exposed as frauds who have never faced adversity before (yeah, I'm comparing Nikki Haley to Mac Jones).
Shit, I didn't realize SC's primary is in a month. I thought these were like every week by this point.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
That's what really struck me about her—she was just really nothing, and the only time she made the news was for the dumbest unforced errors. Her appeal was solely as the non-Trump candidate, and she wasn't even good enough to embrace it. She reminded me a bit of Al Gore in 2000—what the hell does this guy represent?

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
24 Jan 2024, 7:03pm
Flex wrote:
That's what really struck me about her—she was just really nothing, and the only time she made the news was for the dumbest unforced errors. Her appeal was solely as the non-Trump candidate, and she wasn't even good enough to embrace it. She reminded me a bit of Al Gore in 2000—what the hell does this guy represent?
Yeah like most of the others it was "vote for me I like Trump too."