The Future of the Republican Party

Politics and other such topical creams.
JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Re: The Future of the Republican Party

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 Jul 2017, 8:33pm
McCain diagnosed with a brain tumour. Hope it gives him pause to reflect on his access to health care. More likely it'll inspire Republicans to apply it to an argument for gutting access for the poor.
His taxpayer funded access to healthcare.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
20 Jul 2017, 9:11am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
McCain diagnosed with a brain tumour. Hope it gives him pause to reflect on his access to health care. More likely it'll inspire Republicans to apply it to an argument for gutting access for the poor.
My brother-in-law is ex-military and for his final posting he was in D.C. in the early 00's to teach at some military college. During supper or drinks one evening with American military officers, the subject of health care came up. They were, to a man, opposed to what Canada had because it was socialized medicine. When he told them that what they had, as military men, was socialized health care, it was completely baffling. At no time did they ever ponder let alone realize the foundation of military health care, yet confidently declared Canada's health care system to be an abomination. My b-i-l is still a conservative guy, but his progression leftward, I think, began with his time in Washington and a realization of what conservatism was becoming.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
20 Jul 2017, 9:24am
JennyB wrote:
20 Jul 2017, 9:11am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
My brother-in-law is ex-military and for his final posting he was in D.C. in the early 00's to teach at some military college. During supper or drinks one evening with American military officers, the subject of health care came up. They were, to a man, opposed to what Canada had because it was socialized medicine. When he told them that what they had, as military men, was socialized health care, it was completely baffling. At no time did they ever ponder let alone realize the foundation of military health care, yet confidently declared Canada's health care system to be an abomination. My b-i-l is still a conservative guy, but his progression leftward, I think, began with his time in Washington and a realization of what conservatism was becoming.
When you have legislators who say (after you tell them that due to lack of Medicaid expansion that hospitals in their district will close and people will die), "well, when it's someone's time, it's their time," you know your party is morally bankrupt. The very people who reap the benefits of "socialized medicine" because they had the money to get elected to congress are the very first people to deny it to poor people. This includes dems who are against single payer as well. It's mind boggling.
Got a Rake? Sure!

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Just sucks that whoever is going to replace McCain is going to be way worse than him. Arizona has been shittier than Texas of late.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing- ... -insurance

This isn't hard, people. These conservatives don't hate government programs; they hate having to share them with the hoi polloi because it serves as some kind of social equalizer in their eyes.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Very nice Rockwell homage.

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Inder wrote:
15 Aug 2017, 9:37pm

This could brighten the day.

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
15 Aug 2017, 9:44pm

Sounds like it's catching.

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Inder wrote:
19 Aug 2017, 12:19am
BostonBeaneater wrote:
15 Aug 2017, 9:44pm

Sounds like it's catching.

He always looks to be mid-enema.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Boston right-wing rally "falls apart" shortly after it begins.
http://www.metronews.ca/news/world/2017 ... rally.html

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Indeed, the name of this thread: http://splinternews.com/charlottesville ... 1797988745

I'd add, tho, that Democrats have been just as bad at cultivating young voters—Obama could have locked up a generation had he pursued an economic populist agenda instead of allying with Wall Street and Hollywood donors—so if the future of the Republicans is explicitly white nationalists, there is still a possibility for social democrats among those who might otherwise vote Democrat.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

http://splinternews.com/notorious-ex-tr ... 1798155335

Quick and snarky guide to Republicans:
Slavery is appalling when equated to Obamacare, gun control, taxing the wealthy, environmental protection legislation, civil rights protections.
Slavery is cool when talking about actual historic chattel slavery.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Aug 2017, 12:49pm
http://splinternews.com/notorious-ex-tr ... 1798155335

Quick and snarky guide to Republicans:
Slavery is appalling when equated to Obamacare, gun control, taxing the wealthy, environmental protection legislation, civil rights protections.
Slavery is cool when talking about actual historic chattel slavery.
See also...Nazis/the Holocaust (at least in the MO legislature, where selling a gay cake is just like the being gassed at Auschwitz).
Got a Rake? Sure!