The Gun Politics Thread

Politics and other such topical creams.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: The Gun Politics Thread

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Reagan was a Nazi or a Commie or a Commie Nazi if the criteria is advocating keeping military-level assault weapons out of the civil sphere. Maybe even Scalia was because he stated in Heller that the 2A wasn't some kind of blank cheque for gun ownership, that "dangerous and unusual weapons" could be prohibited. Fuck, depending on which poll you look at, 90% of the American population is Commie Nazi. You have to be be neck-deep in dogma to see heretics and demons everywhere.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

eumaas wrote:
31 Mar 2018, 5:02pm
Freemasons do it too.
Uh oh.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Inder wrote:
31 Mar 2018, 5:04pm
Gene is a Nazi.

Flex is a Nazi.

Doc is a Nazi.

Even Rock and Roll is a Nazi.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

SteveSatch
Junco Partner

Post by SteveSatch »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
31 Mar 2018, 5:13pm
if the criteria is advocating keeping military-level assault weapons out of the civil sphere.
Name one military that uses the AR15.

SteveSatch
Junco Partner

Post by SteveSatch »

People are going nuts over so called "assault weapons" when all rifles together are responsible for about 250 or so deaths per year in the U.S. That includes suicides. In a country of 325 million that number is so low is called statistically insignificant. It's horrible, but it's extremely low. Hammers causes more deaths than that. Hands and feet cause more deaths than that. Knives cause way more deaths than that. Buckets cause something like 90 deaths per year. Pools kill 3,500 a year. Where is the outrage? It's for the children. Why aren't people going after things that cause huge number of deaths like heart disease (610,000) and car crashes (1.3 million)?

SteveSatch
Junco Partner

Post by SteveSatch »

eumaas wrote:

Do they not do funeral/mourning armbands where you’re from? I know it’s a dying custom but it’s still common among cops, and some firefighters and EMS last I checked. Have you never seen that? Freemasons do it too. They wore them at my grandfather’s funeral.
They may wear armbands, but they don't do what he did. He looked like a Nazi he's been wearing armbands and he gave the Nazi sign after giving a speech in front on a lot of people calling for the infringement of rights of a segment of people.
Last edited by SteveSatch on 01 Apr 2018, 12:32am, edited 1 time in total.

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
31 Mar 2018, 5:16pm
eumaas wrote:
Freemasons do it too.
Uh oh.
Are you trying to draw CK out of the bunker, too?

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

SteveSatch wrote:
31 Mar 2018, 8:50pm
eumaas wrote:

Do they not do funeral/mourning armbands where you’re from? I know it’s a dying custom but it’s still common among cops, and some firefighters and EMS last I checked. Have you never seen that? Freemasons do it too. They wore them at my grandfather’s funeral.
They may wear armbands, but they don't do what he did. He looked like a Nazi he's been wearing armbands and he gave the Nazi sign after giving a speech in front on a lot of people calling for the infringement of rights of a segment of people.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

SteveSatch
Junco Partner

Post by SteveSatch »

matedog wrote:
01 Apr 2018, 12:42am
SteveSatch wrote:
31 Mar 2018, 8:50pm
eumaas wrote:

Was she calling for the Bill of Rights to be dismantled? I doubt it.

SteveSatch
Junco Partner

Post by SteveSatch »

London overtook New York in murders for the first time in modern history in February as the capital endured a dramatic surge in knife crime. Fifteen people were murdered in the capital, against 14 in New York. Both cities have almost exactly the same population.

London murders for March are also likely to exceed or equal New York’s. By late last night there had been 22 killings in the capital, according to the Metropolitan police, against 21 in the US city.