Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Re: The Political Gun Thread

Post by Flex »

WestwayKid wrote:
18 May 2018, 3:29pm
https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/santa- ... index.html

When will enough - FINALLY - be enough... :cry:
When all the boomers are dead and buried.

Addendum: That sounds like I'm advocating mass shootings of baby boomers. I mean that generation has made this issue utterly inctractable but there's at least some evidence once they stop being a political force countervailing attitudes will take more hold and create some opportunities for reform. Not that there aren't gun absolutists across the age spectrum, but gun ideology seems to get more fragmented the younger you go.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Flex wrote:
18 May 2018, 5:47pm
WestwayKid wrote:

Addendum: That sounds like I'm advocating mass shootings of baby boomers. I mean that generation has made this issue utterly inctractable but there's at least some evidence once they stop being a political force countervailing attitudes will take more hold and create some opportunities for reform. Not that there aren't gun absolutists across the age spectrum, but gun ideology seems to get more fragmented the younger you go.

I’m not even shocked and barely care. We get the country we deserve and this is it. I just wish more people I dislike were getting shot than these poor kids.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
18 May 2018, 5:56pm
Flex wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:

I’m not even shocked and barely care. We get the country we deserve and this is it. I just wish more people I dislike were getting shot than these poor kids.
What upsets me is seeing kids crying outside their school because their friends have been murdered and I can’t remember the name of the State let alone the school of the previous murders last week.

BostonBeaneater

101Walterton wrote:
18 May 2018, 6:03pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
18 May 2018, 5:56pm
Flex wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:

What upsets me is seeing kids crying outside their school because their friends have been murdered and I can’t remember the name of the State let alone the school of the previous murders last week.
The country we deserve.

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

1 morning later, and Prince Ratface's nuptials have already scrubbed this one off the front pages.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Rat Patrol wrote:
19 May 2018, 9:25am
1 morning later, and Prince Ratface's nuptials have already scrubbed this one off the front pages.
While the Boss was watching the breathless coverage of the wedding, I asked what kind of event would cause them to break away. Assassination? Major terrorist attack? War declared?
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

BostonBeaneater

Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 May 2018, 9:46am
Rat Patrol wrote:
While the Boss was watching the breathless coverage of the wedding, I asked what kind of event would cause them to break away. Assassination? Major terrorist attack? War declared?
“McRib is back!”

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
19 May 2018, 10:19am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Rat Patrol wrote:
“McRib is back!”
Funny aside - but I remember passing the McDonald's that used to be in the middle of the Chicago Skyway and seeing the phrase "McRib Are Back!" on the sign. It was remained an inside joke for years to come. That said, the McRib is a horrid product.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

WestwayKid wrote:
21 May 2018, 9:59am
BostonBeaneater wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Rat Patrol wrote:
“McRib is back!”
Funny aside - but I remember passing the McDonald's that used to be in the middle of the Chicago Skyway and seeing the phrase "McRib Are Back!" on the sign. It was remained an inside joke for years to come. That said, the McRib is a horrid product.
Oooooh...Wolt is going to KILL you.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

It's a pity* that Steve isn't here to lecture us how George Soros and Big Ritalin and Big School Door is the real evil here.

* Ha, no, it's not.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

JennyB wrote:
21 May 2018, 10:08am
WestwayKid wrote:
21 May 2018, 9:59am
BostonBeaneater wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Rat Patrol wrote:
“McRib is back!”
Oooooh...Wolt is going to KILL you.
The McRib might be the most polarizing fast food product ever created! :mrgreen:
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

the mcrib is both awesome and terrible in its power and glory
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Trendy right-on kid "hey guns don't kill people, people do"
Marky Dread "hey people make guns, they don't make themselves"
Trendy right-on kid "oh yeah"
Marky Dread "see you around, sad sack!"

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/24/opin ... ght-region

If so, would white people who can't go outside without a gun because they're scared of black people actually be practicing Originalists?

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
24 May 2018, 6:54pm
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/24/opin ... ght-region

If so, would white people who can't go outside without a gun because they're scared of black people actually be practicing Originalists?
Black people are terrible aren't they! :rolleyes:

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia