Ugh...Vatican, why?

Politics and other such topical creams.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Ugh...Vatican, why?

Post by Dr. Medulla »

eumaas wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
mr. diem wrote: -----------------------------------------------------------------
all rape jokes are not humorous.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
George Carlin disagrees:
Ohhh, some people don't like you to talk like that. Ohh, some people like to shut you up for saying those things. You know that. Lots of people. Lots of groups in this country want to tell you how to talk. Tell you what you can't talk about. Well, sometimes they'll say, well you can talk about something but you can't joke about it. Say you can't joke about something because it's not funny. Comedians run into that shit all the time. Like rape. They'll say, "you can't joke about rape. Rape's not funny." I say, "fuck you, I think it's hilarious. How do you like that?" I can prove to you that rape is funny. Picture Porky Pig raping Elmer Fudd.
To the Rape Van!
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

You know what is funny? Bigotry against gays!
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

dpwolf
Long Time Jerk

Post by dpwolf »

changing the subject...

then don't go killing all the bees

Spiff
Mostly Nekkid

Post by Spiff »

Here's a rant a Californa friend unleashed the day after the Proposition 8 vote last month:
Gay marriage opponents, listen up: I've got a secret to tell you
You will not stop gay marriage. You will not oppress homosexuals forever. It will be legal in our generation, and by the time my children are grown it will be as unremarkable as a black man sitting at the table next to you in a restaurant.

You are no different than the bigots who tried for so long to hold back the inevitable tide of the civil rights movement. You claim your motives are to "preserve marriage", or even just the definition of the word. You are not linguists, and many of you are divorced yourselves.

These motives are spurious and transparent. You are on the wrong side of history. One day, if you live long enough, you will be emabrassed and lie about your vote. You might let your bigotry slip in front of your grandchildren one day, and sure, they'll still love you, but for the rest of their lives they will think a little bit less of you.
Let fury have the hour, anger can be power
D'you know that you can use it?

-- There's no fairytale ending with cocaine.

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

Spiff wrote:Here's a rant a Californa friend unleashed the day after the Proposition 8 vote last month:
You will not stop gay marriage. You will not oppress homosexuals forever. It will be legal in our generation, and by the time my children are grown it will be as unremarkable as a black man sitting at the table next to you in a restaurant.

You are no different than the bigots who tried for so long to hold back the inevitable tide of the civil rights movement. You claim your motives are to "preserve marriage", or even just the definition of the word. You are not linguists, and many of you are divorced yourselves.

These motives are spurious and transparent. You are on the wrong side of history. One day, if you live long enough, you will be emabrassed and lie about your vote. You might let your bigotry slip in front of your grandchildren one day, and sure, they'll still love you, but for the rest of their lives they will think a little bit less of you.
Fuck yes.

As a Southerner, I consistently feel immense shame for those people I know (and still try to love) who are/were mired in the pre-civil rights mindset.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Spiff wrote: it will be as unremarkable as a black man sitting at the table next to you in a restaurant.
Now if that black man tips in a restaurant.... :shifty:
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Spiff wrote:Here's a rant a Californa friend unleashed the day after the Proposition 8 vote last month:

Even if same sex marriage leads to a Road Warrior-like existence?

Cue Wolter in 3 … 2 … 1 …

dpwolf
Long Time Jerk

Post by dpwolf »

The most memorable moment for me from the debates (in a bad way) was when Palin and Biden were asked about same-sex marriage. They both answered the exact same way, positively assuring everyone in the audience and TV land that they all agree same-sex couples should have all the same rights, liberties and benefits, etc. as non-same-sex couples. They were so happy and proud to say it and the same words fell out of both of their mouths to the floor. The mediator then called bullshit and asked specifically about "marriage" - and with that rather silly word they both did a complete 180. What's incredible is that they were too stupid to realize and/or thought most of the public were too stupid to realize that at some point - no at this point - it's just close-mindedness and wordplay.
then don't go killing all the bees

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

tepista wrote:
Spiff wrote: it will be as unremarkable as a black man sitting at the table next to you in a restaurant.
He said black man, not Jew... :shifty:
dpwolf wrote:The most memorable moment for me from the debates (in a bad way) was when Palin and Biden were asked about same-sex marriage. They both answered the exact same way, positively assuring everyone in the audience and TV land that they all agree same-sex couples should have all the same rights, liberties and benefits, etc. as non-same-sex couples. They were so happy and proud to say it and the same words fell out of both of their mouths to the floor. The mediator then called bullshit and asked specifically about "marriage" - and with that rather silly word they both did a complete 180. What's incredible is that they were too stupid to realize and/or thought most of the public were too stupid to realize that at some point - no at this point - it's just close-mindedness and wordplay.
Yeah, neither Ali* or I were pleased with their responses. Oh well.

*Who is actually a very good tipper, even if she cannot order anything off the menu without a substitution or something on the side.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:
tepista wrote:
Apparently a joke in the Arizona and Florida tourism biz goes: "What's the difference between a Canadian and a canoe?" "It's easier to get a canoe to tip."

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote:
tepista wrote:
Apparently a joke in the Arizona and Florida tourism biz goes: "What's the difference between a Canadian and a canoe?" "It's easier to get a canoe to tip."
I've heard that one too.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Wolter wrote:
tepista wrote:
dpwolf wrote:The most memorable moment for me from the debates (in a bad way) was when Palin and Biden were asked about same-sex marriage. They both answered the exact same way, positively assuring everyone in the audience and TV land that they all agree same-sex couples should have all the same rights, liberties and benefits, etc. as non-same-sex couples. They were so happy and proud to say it and the same words fell out of both of their mouths to the floor. The mediator then called bullshit and asked specifically about "marriage" - and with that rather silly word they both did a complete 180. What's incredible is that they were too stupid to realize and/or thought most of the public were too stupid to realize that at some point - no at this point - it's just close-mindedness and wordplay.
Yeah, neither Ali* or I were pleased with their responses. Oh well.

*Who is actually a very good tipper, even if she cannot order anything off the menu without a substitution or something on the side.
I actually make a point of tipping more than necessary, especially if I pay with a credit card (with my last name, you know).

The whole gay marriage debate is just silly. Why shouldn't gays be allowed to be as miserable as the rest of us? Also, I loved some of the signs at the prop 8 protests....writer Frank DiCaro (you may remember him as the "Out at the Movies" guy on the Daily Show) held a sign that said, "How dare you stop me from registering at Barneys!" My favorite, however, was the sign a guy was holding that said, "But we went to prom with you!"
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

JennyB wrote: "But we went to prom with you!"
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Honestly, much like Bill Hicks used to say about the army (If you're DUMB enough to enlist, you should be allowed to), if someone actually WANTS to get married, then they should.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Recent studies* show that each same sex marriage in a nation reduces the quality of heterosexual marriages by .0074%. Doesn't sound like much, but it adds up in a hurry. The inevitable result would be that only fags and dykes have happy marriages.

* Studies should not connote anything resembling research, evidence, and conclusions.

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

So, since my dad (who was raised Catholic) is on his third marriage, does that mean his marriages are diminished 3 times as much?