Ugh...Vatican, why?

Politics and other such topical creams.
mr. diem

i still get a kick out of this one...

Post by mr. diem »

"who fucking cares whether children might result or might not?"

i dunno, the people who first chose to make civil arrangements/marriages thousands of years ago? i don't have the history background. in the history of the U.S., it's a big thing. kids need parents, heh.

if any homosexuals in California voted yes on prop 8, does that mean that they're bigots?
...and, if they did, they sure as hell better not tell.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: i still get a kick out of this one...

Post by Dr. Medulla »

mr. diem wrote:"who fucking cares whether children might result or might not?"

i dunno, the people who first chose to make civil arrangements/marriages thousands of years ago? i don't have the history background. in the history of the U.S., it's a big thing. kids need parents, heh.
Traditionally, marriage was mostly a property arrangement and a means of building alliances. Kids fell under the category, fundamentally, of property.
if any homosexuals in California voted yes on prop 8, does that mean that they're bigots?
...and, if they did, they sure as hell better not tell.
Any group that chooses to deny itself civil rights is self-loathing or fundamentally ignorant or cowed.
"I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back in Whittier, they're not much bigger than two meters.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

mr. diem

Re: Ugh...Vatican, why?

Post by mr. diem »

why would a yes prop 8 voting homosexual have to dumb, bovined or whatever?

need an example...
if said individual was not interested in being married now, or in the foreseeable future, then there's nothing in being allowed to marry that's in it for him. he's just lookin' out for no. 1 ya know.

Post by Guest »

mr. diem wrote:why would a yes prop 8 voting homosexual have to dumb, bovined or whatever?

need an example...
if said individual was not interested in being married now, or in the foreseeable future, then there's nothing in being allowed to marry that's in it for him. he's just lookin' out for no. 1 ya know.

Your arguments are ridiculous.

need an example..
everything you've said in this thread.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

mr. diem wrote:why would a yes prop 8 voting homosexual have to dumb, bovined or whatever?

need an example...
This is really becoming sad—you're just grasping at straws rather than sensibly withdrawing.
"I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back in Whittier, they're not much bigger than two meters.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Just ignore him.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Wolter wrote:Just ignore him.
We can't. He's not registered.

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Mimi wrote:
Yeah, but you can skip his posts.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Wolter wrote:
Mimi wrote:
But...but...but...stop making sense, will you. ;)

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:
Mimi wrote:
You deny the allure of a retarded bigot? Don't you know how this Internet thing works?

dpwolf
Long Time Jerk

Post by dpwolf »

:idea: Is Mr. Diem the Pope or in his clergy ?

It appears he's fully answered the original question of this thread - "ugh..Vatican, why?"
then don't go killing all the bees

dpwolf
Long Time Jerk

Post by dpwolf »

I live in a community property state. In other words, my wife and I didn't have to do anything to share all our property, give one of us visitation rights toward the other in a hospital, inherent the other's property should something happen, etc., other than throw a party for our family and friends, get some rings and sign a piece of paper (and we didn't have to do even that much.) Now one might think it would be fairly easy for a same-sex couple to structure their relationship, finances, etc. - through the formation of a joint bank accounts, property agreements, real estate deeds, partnerships with right of survival, etc. - so as to be equivalent to a married couple - but it is not so. It's not easy, nor is it quick or cheap. Even notwithstanding the planning, time, headache and expense of hiring a lawyer to do it right, the point is that for a married non-same-sex couple all that comes free and automatically. Our close friends, a lesbian couple, don't have it that easy. Even though they very much would like to have all that set up, after many years in a relationship together they still haven't made that investment of time and money, they haven't been able to and are therefore forced to constantly worry about it. Another thing is that even if they jumped through all the appropriate hoops in their home state what would do down if something happened in another state, or even worse another country. In short there is no good reason why it should be any more expensive or complex for a same-sex couple. It's complete bullshit. We all make the same commitment, for the same reasons. The only legal requirement should be to inform the state of your declaration of commitment and choice to share; that should be marriage. Anything further restriction or requirement is dogmatic, close-minded religious stupidity. Nobody should have to ask any church or state for permission to get married.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Well said.

Now, about the Egyptians inventing the airplane … ;)

dpwolf
Long Time Jerk

Post by dpwolf »

Dr. Medulla wrote:Now, about the Egyptians inventing the airplane … ;)
Oh yea, what about it? :kiss:

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

It looks like the Egyptians invented the hovercar too! Awesome!
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!