BostonBeaneater wrote:
12 Oct 2018, 9:59pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 Oct 2018, 9:56pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
12 Oct 2018, 9:38pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 Oct 2018, 6:29pm
New premier of Quebec makes absurd argument to defend bigoted policy: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-45842471
Sure.
It reminds me a bit of an assertion by Scalia in a case where Jews buried in a military cemetery shouldn't be bothered by a big fucking cross because it's, apparently, not a religious symbol, it's about honouring all war dead. These people babble on about Christianity being under attack, but when convenient they become the secularists who are such a threat. There's intellectual dishonesty and then there's cheap and lazy politics. See, conservatives, this is what happens when you dumb down your side—you can't even muster a halfway coherent argument.
Didn’t Hitler try to sell us on one symbol?
Yeah, but only fuckfaces were buying.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Canadian politics gets innerestin'

Post by Dr. Medulla »

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/to ... infidelity

Canada has a Profumo-like moment. Former cabinet member, now in Opposition, first resigned as justice critic then was booted from caucus altogether after getting caught sexting multiple women, one of whom tried to blackmail him. It really is remarkable how these morons think that (a) it's acceptable behaviour and (b) they'll get away with it. It demonstrates a lack of competence right then and there.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Get ready for Prime Minister Scheer. 🙃🙃🙃

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Inder wrote:
27 Feb 2019, 6:44pm
I can't see it—not yet, anyway. He's really awful and uninspiring and ready to step on his dick at a moment's notice. Combine that with a struggling NDP, the DFo experience, and that supposed libertarian but actually anti-immigrant new party, and I think the Liberals can yet survive. Ideally, a minority govt that the NDP can leverage.

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 Feb 2019, 6:54pm
Inder wrote:
I can't see it—not yet, anyway. He's really awful and uninspiring and ready to step on his dick at a moment's notice. Combine that with a struggling NDP, the DFo experience, and that supposed libertarian but actually anti-immigrant new party, and I think the Liberals can yet survive. Ideally, a minority govt that the NDP can leverage.
Please inform me as to who this clown is? He looks like a 13 year old Nazi.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
28 Feb 2019, 1:34am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 Feb 2019, 6:54pm
Inder wrote:
Please inform me as to who this clown is? He looks like a 13 year old Nazi.
He's a doughy little weasel whose idea of policy and principle is to wait a couple days after Trudeau says something and then argue the opposite. Not in a way that suggests alternative policy, just that he'd do the opposite. So, the Liberals here have instituted an ostensibly revenue-neutral carbon tax—consumers are supposed to get a rebate, so it's the carbon producers that get the hit—Scheer announced that he's against it. Even tho this is the climate change policy that conservative think tanks support. So, Mr. Scheer, what's your alternative? Well, he's not saying, but he's against what the Liberals are doing, that's for sure. Scheer's happy to cozy up to the xenophobes and racists and any other group on the right. He's an utter knave. And as much as the Liberals deserve the kicking they're getting with this scandal, I think Scheer will expose himself on the campaign trail as the reactionary boob he is.

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
28 Feb 2019, 7:25am
think Scheer will expose himself on the campaign trail as the reactionary boob he is.
Yeah, but this is the party that thought the "barbaric cultural practices" snitch line was a good idea.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Inder wrote:
28 Feb 2019, 10:35am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
28 Feb 2019, 7:25am
think Scheer will expose himself on the campaign trail as the reactionary boob he is.
Yeah, but this is the party that thought the "barbaric cultural practices" snitch line was a good idea.
And it'll go over as well this year as 2015, especially with the Trump comparison down south to demonstrate what that kind of xenophobia leads to. The Liberals will do all they can to tie Scheer to Ford and Trump, and I think he's dumb enough to not see it as a problem. The Liberals have fucked up by doing the dumb shit Liberals always do, but I'm really hesitant to think that the Conservatives can actually win an election off it based on what they've shown the past three years.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Jane Philpott resigns from cabinet, citing how shit has been handled. Okay, now things could seriously go into disintegration mode if others follow. Very suggestive of discontent for some time.

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

He's still dreamy, right? :kiss:

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Rat Patrol wrote:
05 Mar 2019, 6:42am
He's still dreamy, right? :kiss:
He'll be shifting into cheating-spouse-asking-for-another-chance mode now, the real test of his dreaminess.

edit: Yup, here it comes: https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/trudea ... -1.5043763

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

lol

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Inder wrote:
14 Mar 2019, 8:27pm

lol
Take that, conservatives who call the Liberal Party of Canada "left."

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

DoFo's govt is expanding the size of classrooms around 30%, which his education minister says is to teach resilience in stressful situations … but that bigger classrooms shouldn't be understood to be stressful situations. The thing is, if they were honest and said it was about punishing the teacher's union and their hostility to the provincial curriculum (about stuff like treating non-cis white males with respect), it wouldn't alter support from the base at all. Embrace your Trump essence, DoFo, and admit you hate large segments of society and that you are the bigots' sword.
https://ottawacitizen.com/news/canada/m ... 1553113039