Re: Canadian politics gets innerestin'

Post by Silent Majority »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Feb 2017, 8:18am
Silent Majority wrote:
10 Feb 2017, 7:36am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Feb 2017, 7:15am
In the summer, my biking route takes me past the American ambassador's residence. I always ceremonially spit while going by; I might graduate to futile muttering or yelling.

I'm legit proud of spitting on Cromwell's tomb when I visited Westminster Abbey with Flex.
Filthy Stuartist …
God, then the King. That's the natural order.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:
10 Feb 2017, 9:40am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
In the summer, my biking route takes me past the American ambassador's residence. I always ceremonially spit while going by; I might graduate to futile muttering or yelling.

I'm legit proud of spitting on Cromwell's tomb when I visited Westminster Abbey with Flex.
Filthy Stuartist …
You better be referring to George Burns as God (in Oh God and, to a lesser extent, Oh God You Devil) and Jon King of Gang of Four. Otherwise, we need a French or Commie revolution.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Feb 2017, 10:11am
Silent Majority wrote:
10 Feb 2017, 9:40am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Filthy Stuartist …
You better be referring to George Burns as God (in Oh God and, to a lesser extent, Oh God You Devil) and Jon King of Gang of Four. Otherwise, we need a French or Commie revolution.
I only know about the baffling existence of of the Oh God trilogy from Wolter and Ali's podcast. The eighties were weird.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:
10 Feb 2017, 10:17am
I only know about the baffling existence of of the Oh God trilogy from Wolter and Ali's podcast. The eighties were weird.
It may be entirely unfunny on viewing today, but I loved the first one as a kid (which might be the last time I saw it too). George Burns was a goddamned treasure.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Guess who's rumo(u)red to be the next ambassador to Canada? Hint...she can see you from her house!
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

JennyB wrote:
10 Feb 2017, 12:09pm
I'm too distracted by this daydream of PM Justin in a thong covered in maple syrup to read this thread.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Rat Patrol wrote:
10 Feb 2017, 12:25pm
JennyB wrote:
10 Feb 2017, 12:09pm
I'm too distracted by this daydream of PM Justin in a thong covered in maple syrup to read this thread.
*sigh*
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Run an idealistic campaign? Check.
Inspire Millennials into thinking this charismatic guy will make a difference? Check.
Drive conservatives batty over personal popularity? Check.
Backtrack to status quo asap and squander a chance to lock up a generation? Check.

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Feb 2017, 10:59am
Silent Majority wrote:
It may be entirely unfunny on viewing today, but I loved the first one as a kid (which might be the last time I saw it too). George Burns was a goddamned treasure.
Going back...

To be fair, the first one was the 70s, and directed by Carl Reiner, and *might* hold up now. The second, Oh God! Book Two, was...not. And does not. Though it does have a scene of a little girl being driven around by an invisible God on a motorcycle.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:
17 Feb 2017, 4:37pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
Going back...

To be fair, the first one was the 70s, and directed by Carl Reiner, and *might* hold up now. The second, Oh God! Book Two, was...not. And does not. Though it does have a scene of a little girl being driven around by an invisible God on a motorcycle.
I migh have to download a copy of the first one now to see whether I can be, like, ten again.

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I note that Coyne does not deny that he's blind.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:
17 Feb 2017, 4:37pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
Going back...

We watched it last night (oddly enough, it was on a movie channel this afternoon) and, well, it's pretty meh. It seems like a constant build up to nothing. I ended up more interested in it as a historical document, reflecting/contributing to the resurgence of Christianity in the 1970s, particularly the strain that emphasized a personal relationship with Christ. Oh God! has a more liberal spin than the increasingly conservative take on Christianity into the 80s, but it does fit with Americans' growing emphasis on the spiritual, especially in a very public way.

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Screen Shot 2017-03-22 at 8.52.13 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-03-22 at 8.52.13 PM.png (1.55 MiB) Viewed 3116 times