Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Canadian politics gets innerestin'

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
12 Dec 2017, 12:38pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 Dec 2017, 12:00pm
So, Jen, what do you think of your Prince Charming now? He just nominated an anti-Semitic German composer to our Supreme Court. Worse, the guy's been dead for over a century!
https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/201 ... anada.html
:lol: :lol: :lol:

He's not my Prince Charming - he's just #5 on my hall pass list!

(But seriously, wouldn't you change your name? I had a customer when I worked at my parents' store named Jennifer Hittler. Talk about the most banal/basic/mundane first name with a tad controversial last name).
Oh my god! How would you not pay the $100 or whatever to change the family name? Ellis Island yourself for the sake of your own happiness.

Hitler had a nephew who was born in England and came of age when his uncle decided to terrorize the world. I mentioned this trivia once to a classmate, who decided that the nephew's name must have been Skip. Skip Hitler. Alas. no. But he's been Skip Hitler in my mind ever since.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_P ... rt-Houston
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 Dec 2017, 12:52pm
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
So, Jen, what do you think of your Prince Charming now? He just nominated an anti-Semitic German composer to our Supreme Court. Worse, the guy's been dead for over a century!

(But seriously, wouldn't you change your name? I had a customer when I worked at my parents' store named Jennifer Hittler. Talk about the most banal/basic/mundane first name with a tad controversial last name).
Oh my god! How would you not pay the $100 or whatever to change the family name? Ellis Island yourself for the sake of your own happiness.

Hitler had a nephew who was born in England and came of age when his uncle decided to terrorize the world. I mentioned this trivia once to a classmate, who decided that the nephew's name must have been Skip. Skip Hitler. Alas. no. But he's been Skip Hitler in my mind ever since.
I don't think Wagner is worth changing—it doesn't come with the same stigma. Unless you hate Nightcrawler. Or Hart to Hart.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Kory wrote:
12 Dec 2017, 1:30pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I don't think Wagner is worth changing—it doesn't come with the same stigma. Unless you hate Nightcrawler. Or Hart to Hart.
I do hate Hart to Hart....
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

JennyB wrote:
12 Dec 2017, 4:07pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

...and he probably did throw Natalie Wood overboard in a pique of jealousy. :shifty:

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Rat Patrol wrote:
12 Dec 2017, 4:52pm
JennyB wrote:
12 Dec 2017, 4:07pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:

...and he probably did throw Natalie Wood overboard in a pique of jealousy. :shifty:
"It was murder."
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Zowie.

Just saw his presser/denial — voice cracking, near tears, etc. He should be cooked.

EDIT — campaign manager, deputy campaign manager, CoS resign:

EDIT EDIT — press secretary quits.

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

EDIT EDIT EDIT — he gone

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Inder wrote:
25 Jan 2018, 2:05am
EDIT EDIT EDIT — he gone

The Ontario Liberals are such lucky swine. I halfway expected them to win again anyway because the PCs here have mastered the circular firing squad routine. And this will be more of the same. They'll end up going into the election with some kind of Fordist and get slaughtered again. Not that I want them to win, but it's unjust that the Liberals have no reason not to be corrupt bastards.

edit: Rumours that Brown has a long history of preying on underage girls. It's a baffling thing to consider how people with these kinds of skeletons also seek out the spotlight. I get that it's connected to ego and all that, but it's all crazy.

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Horwath spitting truth 🔥🔥🔥

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I made the mistake of looking at Reddit comments on the story. It wasn't really abuse, the timing of this makes it suspicious, the girls were drinking so they're to blame for leading him on. Funny how "lock 'em up and throw away the key" conservatives and/or men can find innumerable excuses for their own.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

And this is what's going to kill the Ontario Tories: http://nationalpost.com/news/politics/o ... -weeks-ago

The cliche that is never learned: it's not the crime, it's the cover-up.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
25 Jan 2018, 7:17am
They'll end up going into the election with some kind of Fordist and get slaughtered again
They're going full-fat, baby.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Oh my. Who better than a Ford to right a ship reeling from massive ethical corruption? In the campaign, I don't think he'd be able to resist calling Wynne a dyke. The PCs are complete morons if they don’t select a woman in light of the scandal, so of course they'll end up with Dougie.