Canadian politics gets innerestin'

Politics and other such topical creams.
Inder
corecore vanguard

Re: Canadian politics gets innerestin'

Post by Inder »

Horwath really fucked up the last election. With Liberals circling the drain and the Tories exploring the sewer, this is a great opportunity for the Dippers to do something meaningful. Which is to say, they'll adopt the 2006 Liberal platform.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Part of the problem is that the Liberals are going to do what they always do, steal the best ideas from the NDP for the campaign. In this case, pharmacare. The notion that Ontario is still traumatized by Bob Rae is daffy—if it has real merit, people deserve to be pelted with rotten fruit—but the NDP needs to realize that social democratic ideals are pretty dang appealing, especially to young people, and to not back away. Go moderate and you help the Liberals. Offer something truly distinct and socdem, not centrism with a dose of moral scold.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

https://www.thestar.com/opinion/star-co ... r-own.html

Given that there were persistent rumours about Justin even before he became Liberal leader. It'd be a fucking massive revelation/accusation, but not crazy to consider. At the same time, back when John Baird was in cabinet, he had a rep for going thru every gay man in the civil service.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Kinsella writes/gossips,
There are other men who are about to be exposed. Count on it. The media have been on their trail for many weeks. Once it gets through the editors – once it is okayed by the lawyers – other men will be going down. It is overdue. It is needed.

One of these men is very, very powerful. The stories have been known about him for three years. They are in affidavits, plural.

His name will shock you.

It is up to the victims who swore those affidavits to step forward and tell their story. Not me or those like me. It will take courage – telling truth to the powerful always takes courage – but now, I’d say, is the time.

The country needs to hear their story, and judge.

I do not think the judgement will be in this man’s favour.
The comments suggest JT is the perp + this has been whispered about in the press gallery/among parliamentarians for some time.

Hmmm...

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

The main thing that causes hesitation in me is to wonder why the Conservatives hadn't leaked this earlier. I get why Liberals like Kinsella are being a bit coy, but if it's certain that it's Justin, Conservatives would be spreading the rumours fast and furious.

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

What the fuck has been going on with the Tories.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Good lord, the provincial Liberals might actually be able to turn this from a referendum on their dozen-plus years of corruption to corruption of the opposition party. I have no love for the NDP, but a just result would be an NDP majority and the Liberals and PCs sent to a nice long time-out. But, you know, Bob Rae was personally responsible for that North American economic downturn twenty-five years ago …

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
15 Feb 2018, 3:52pm

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Inder wrote:
16 Feb 2018, 5:10pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
15 Feb 2018, 3:52pm
We now check in at the premier's office:

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Ontario PC Leadership Candidate: School Children Are Too Distracted By ‘Anal Sex’ To Focus On Math

http://pressprogress.ca/ontario-pc-lead ... s-on-math/
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

tepista wrote:
18 Feb 2018, 1:16pm
Ontario PC Leadership Candidate: School Children Are Too Distracted By ‘Anal Sex’ To Focus On Math

Well, how good are you at doing quadratic equations when thinkin' about bums and such?

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Feb 2018, 2:09pm
tepista wrote:
18 Feb 2018, 1:16pm

Well, how good are you at doing quadratic equations when thinkin' about bums and such?
if a=your ass and d=my dick, than a+d=x (ecstasy)
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak