just a little extreme

Politics and other such topical creams.
eumaas
Klezmer Shogun

just a little extreme

Post by eumaas » 31 Oct 2008, 2:07pm

"The only thing that really occurs to me that I can say on this is to point out how fascinating it is that the Hassan-i-Sabbah archetype keeps turning up over and over again ... He disappears up into the mountains and is never seen again. Believe me, he'll never be seen again. He'll live forever because of that."

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Re: just a little extreme

Post by Heston » 31 Oct 2008, 8:38pm

I thought this was gonna be the Youtube video for More Than Words.
So what does Marconi playing the mamba mean? "Marconi" is referring to the radio itself. It plays a deadly snake. The snake - the mamba - is slithering from the speakers. Ready to kill greedy corporations. Ready to free the world of all that is evil, and to leave behind only the youthful idealism encompassed by the tenets of rock and roll.

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen

Post by Wolter » 01 Nov 2008, 12:51am

Heston wrote:I thought this was gonna be the Youtube video for More Than Words.
Hoy, stop using Heston's password...
"There's something more honest, he believed, about traditional methods of mass starvation, labour camps, and machine gunning millions to death. Stalin was a vinyl guy who sneered at Truman converting everything to compact disc." - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol » 01 Nov 2008, 10:37pm

No...it's not going to get less ugly with fewer of them still in power.

http://thephoenix.com/Boston/News/71105 ... -bogeyman/

eumaas
Klezmer Shogun

Post by eumaas » 01 Nov 2008, 10:44pm

Rat Patrol wrote:No...it's not going to get less ugly with fewer of them still in power.

Great, more pro-bailout bullshit. Does anybody in the media know shit about economics? Ever hear about a thing called moral hazard?
"The only thing that really occurs to me that I can say on this is to point out how fascinating it is that the Hassan-i-Sabbah archetype keeps turning up over and over again ... He disappears up into the mountains and is never seen again. Believe me, he'll never be seen again. He'll live forever because of that."

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla » 01 Nov 2008, 11:39pm

Rat Patrol wrote:No...it's not going to get less ugly with fewer of them still in power.

Very good analysis. It's a matter of how many electoral drubbings it'll take to drive the fire eaters from the GOP, or at least to a minority status. The point about those being elected this time around being the crazies is well taken, and is suggestive that 2010 will be a further round of defections by anyone with half a brain.
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!