How Do You Like Your Bananas?

Politics and other such topical creams.
revbob
Unknown Immortal

Re: How Do You Like Your Bananas?

Post by revbob »

So taking my approach here into real life someone at the bar said something that while wildly inaccurate was not ill intended and he wasnt being political just relaying some info based on his interpretation of an experience he had. Nothing to do with current politics something from 25 - 30 years ago when he was doing some traveling. I started to say something and then I caught myself and left it at that and instead had a generic pleasant conversation unrelated to what he'd said.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
05 Jan 2024, 5:01pm
So taking my approach here into real life someone at the bar said something that while wildly inaccurate was not ill intended and he wasnt being political just relaying some info based on his interpretation of an experience he had. Nothing to do with current politics something from 25 - 30 years ago when he was doing some traveling. I started to say something and then I caught myself and left it at that and instead had a generic pleasant conversation unrelated to what he'd said.
I'm guessing it's the relative anonymity of the internet and lack of physical proximity of sparring partners, but I'm far more evaluative in real life as to whether I want to respond/continue a conversation. That kind of near-instant thinking where you decide whether it's worth getting into it with someone. It's harder (for me, anyway) online and the thing that I'm working at in that regard.
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

revbob wrote:
I'm at a bar right now where a neighbor is saying something dumb. Should I write a small essay on the nature of discussion at the local watering hole and read it it then?
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
05 Jan 2024, 7:03pm
revbob wrote:
I'm at a bar right now where a neighbor is saying something dumb. Should I write a small essay on the nature of discussion at the local watering hole and read it it then?
You could say something about straight or bent bananas and see if that makes sense irl.
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Flex wrote:
revbob wrote:
No, you're young enough to be spoiling fof a fight, give in to those base instincts and maybe my brother can get you bailed out later without your Mrs being any the wiser.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
05 Jan 2024, 8:42pm
Flex wrote:
revbob wrote:
No, you're young enough to be spoiling fof a fight, give in to those base instincts and maybe my brother can get you bailed out later without your Mrs being any the wiser.
"You wanna go?"
*Flex pulls out oversized mayor scissors* "Yeah, come at me, fucker."

Flex

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
05 Jan 2024, 8:58pm
revbob wrote:
Flex wrote:
revbob wrote:
"You wanna go?"
You come at the sash, you best not miss

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
05 Jan 2024, 9:58pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
05 Jan 2024, 8:58pm
revbob wrote:
Flex wrote:
revbob wrote:
"You wanna go?"
You come at the sash, you best not miss
And the movie has its tag line.

Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Post by Olaf »

I'm in this new bar with a bunch of bananas who only talk about baseball. I think they should talk about Elephant polo so I show them pictures of amputated trunks and make them listen to "Tusk" until I've convinced them.
Who pfaffed the pfaff? Who got pfaffed tonight?

Flex

Post by Flex »

Olaf wrote:
06 Jan 2024, 11:39am
I'm in this new bar with a bunch of bananas who only talk about baseball. I think they should talk about Elephant polo so I show them pictures of amputated trunks and make them listen to "Tusk" until I've convinced them.
I was nodding along, terrifyingly understanding every word of this post, but I decided the idea of you encountering a conversation about baseball at your local scrap flautist bar was too unbelievable.

Pex Lives!

Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Post by Olaf »

Flex wrote:
06 Jan 2024, 12:23pm
Olaf wrote:
06 Jan 2024, 11:39am
I was nodding along, terrifyingly understanding every word of this post, but I decided the idea of you encountering a conversation about baseball at your local scrap flautist bar was too unbelievable.
Yeah, maybe I was stretching it a bit there. :shifty:

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Post by Olaf »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Jan 2024, 5:22pm
Yeah, but why are you reading a blog about motherhood? :shifty:

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Olaf wrote:
20 Jan 2024, 7:00am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I contain multitudes. :ugeek:

Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Post by Olaf »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
20 Jan 2024, 7:21am
Olaf wrote:
20 Jan 2024, 7:00am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I contain multitudes. :ugeek:
Yeah, and they're all bananas.