WW III poll

Politics and other such topical creams.

Will Israel and/or the US bomb Iran before 2009? Should it/they?

Yes it/they will
6
19%
No it/they won't
6
19%
Yes it/they should
5
16%
No it/they shouldn't
15
47%
 
Total votes: 32

dpwolf
User avatar
Long Time Jerk
Posts: 587
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 11:07am

WW III poll

Post by dpwolf » 20 Jun 2008, 11:23am

I'm very curious where folks stand
then don't go killing all the bees

JennyB
User avatar
Clash Cuck
Posts: 15393
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 1:13pm
Location: Moranjortsville

Re: WW III poll

Post by JennyB » 20 Jun 2008, 11:54am

I don't think they will actually do it this time. I think the announcement this morning was something of a warning to Iran. Hopefully, that will take care of things.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

Don't talk shop.

SteveSatch
User avatar
Junco Partner
Posts: 355
Joined: 18 Jun 2008, 3:33am

Re: WW III poll

Post by SteveSatch » 20 Jun 2008, 11:12pm

They shouldn't bomb the cities or the people, but they should bomb the nuke facilities they are building. Iran is a terror sponsoring state that is currently supplying weapons that kill U.S. soldiers and they want Israel and the U.S. wiped off the planet. They must not get nukes at all costs. Iran has been trying to get the U.S. into a war since '79 and they certainly deserve an ass kicking but I don't think there will be an all out war with them unless they aren't stopped from getting nukes and they end up using them on Israel. I doubt the U.S. even has the guts to bomb the nuke facilities. Israel will most likely bomb the nuke facilities at some point if the U.S. doesn't step up. Israel doesn't really have the bombers to do it, they have fighter jets not bombers. I'm also not sure if their fighters have the range to attack them and make it back.
Image

Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 25036
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!
Contact:

Re: WW III poll

Post by Flex » 21 Jun 2008, 1:54am

SteveSatch wrote:They shouldn't bomb the cities or the people, but they should bomb the nuke facilities they are building. Iran is a terror sponsoring state that is currently supplying weapons that kill U.S. soldiers and they want Israel and the U.S. wiped off the planet. They must not get nukes at all costs. Iran has been trying to get the U.S. into a war since '79 and they certainly deserve an ass kicking but I don't think there will be an all out war with them unless they aren't stopped from getting nukes and they end up using them on Israel. I doubt the U.S. even has the guts to bomb the nuke facilities. Israel will most likely bomb the nuke facilities at some point if the U.S. doesn't step up. Israel doesn't really have the bombers to do it, they have fighter jets not bombers. I'm also not sure if their fighters have the range to attack them and make it back.
When I was in Washington, a briefing I attended indicated this was more or less the thinking on the Hill. Better to do whatever we have to over there (even if it means another Iraq) rather than face a state like Iran having nuclear weapons.

Regardless, fighting two hot wars (Afghanistan & Iraq) plus the nebulous "War on Terror" has limited our options on what we can do in Iran. The choice may be effectively out of our hands.
"I live inside my own heart, Matt Damon." - Prince

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

SteveSatch
User avatar
Junco Partner
Posts: 355
Joined: 18 Jun 2008, 3:33am

Re: WW III poll

Post by SteveSatch » 21 Jun 2008, 4:38am

Fighting Iran instead of Iraq in the first place would have made a lot more sense. Sadam was a son of a bitch murderer who killed and oppressed his own people, but that really was the problem of the people of Iraq. Sort it out yourselves. He really wasn't a threat to the people here in the U.S. Iran is.
Image

BostonBeaneater
User avatar
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel
Posts: 6855
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:24pm
Location: Between the moon and New York City

Re: WW III poll

Post by BostonBeaneater » 21 Jun 2008, 11:34am

I agree, Saddam was a side show. These assholes in charge of our country wanted a quick will and he seemed to be easy to kick over. He was easy to kick over but they had no ralistic plan for the aftermath.

Iran can be defeated with blue jeans and other culture bombs. Most Iranians are good people who live under a shity government (like us kind of). They may dream of a better government but we should not think for a second that they would stand and fight us if attacked.

I support Israel's right to exist but I would not fight a war for them. They need to make peace with their neighbors. Their neighbors need to grow up and stop using their children as bombs.
Image

classof77
User avatar
Dirty Punk
Posts: 91
Joined: 20 Jun 2008, 9:58pm
Location: People's Republic of Portland

Re: WW III poll

Post by classof77 » 21 Jun 2008, 2:24pm

Iran launches missiles, Israel launches missiles no more Middle East problem. Iran uses a third party to detonate a nuclear device in Israel Israel wipes Iran from the map. Unfortunately, all this saber rattling, chest thumping and rhetoric is enough of an excuse for Bush to bomb Iran before he leaves office (which, by the way, the Israeli press is convinced he'll do). And will the US be safer? Hardly. We'll just give Islamic extremists more reasons to strike at us anyway they can.

darter
Sightsee MC
Posts: 250
Joined: 18 Jun 2008, 9:02am
Location: Pepperland

Re: WW III poll

Post by darter » 24 Jun 2008, 12:33am

If Israel is going to strike, do they do it before Obama takes office? (So they won't piss him off needlessly.) If so, November or December could be eventful one moonless night. If McCain wins, they might wait another six months.

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 14833
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: WW III poll

Post by 101Walterton » 24 Jun 2008, 2:34am

Why can America have nuclear weapons but not Iran ?

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 5306
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra
Contact:

Re: WW III poll

Post by revbob » 24 Jun 2008, 7:42am

101Walterton wrote:Why can America have nuclear weapons but not Iran ?
Because America is a responsible steward of nuclear weapons. You can rest assured that they would only use them if it was really necessary. I'm pretty sure it's in the bible. GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!

Wolter
User avatar
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen
Posts: 49245
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:59pm
Location: ¡HOLIDAY RO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-OAD!
Contact:

Re: WW III poll

Post by Wolter » 24 Jun 2008, 9:17am

revbob wrote:
101Walterton wrote:Why can America have nuclear weapons but not Iran ?
Because America is a responsible steward of nuclear weapons. You can rest assured that they would only use them if it was really necessary. I'm pretty sure it's in the bible. GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!
More importantly: they're Jews. Do we really want JEWS to have the bomb? :shifty:
"There's something more honest, he believed, about traditional methods of mass starvation, labour camps, and machine gunning millions to death. Stalin was a vinyl guy who sneered at Truman converting everything to compact disc." - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71177
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: WW III poll

Post by Dr. Medulla » 24 Jun 2008, 9:30am

revbob wrote:
101Walterton wrote:Why can America have nuclear weapons but not Iran ?
Because America is a responsible steward of nuclear weapons. You can rest assured that they would only use them if it was really necessary. I'm pretty sure it's in the bible. GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!
If every nation had nukes, everyone would be too scared to use them, so free access to nuclear weapons would make us all safer. That's just common sense.
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 5306
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra
Contact:

Re: WW III poll

Post by revbob » 24 Jun 2008, 9:36am

Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
101Walterton wrote:Why can America have nuclear weapons but not Iran ?
Because America is a responsible steward of nuclear weapons. You can rest assured that they would only use them if it was really necessary. I'm pretty sure it's in the bible. GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!
If every nation had nukes, everyone would be too scared to use them, so free access to nuclear weapons would make us all safer. That's just common sense.
No it's MAD I tell you MAD!!!!!!!!!

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71177
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: WW III poll

Post by Dr. Medulla » 24 Jun 2008, 9:51am

revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
101Walterton wrote:Why can America have nuclear weapons but not Iran ?
Because America is a responsible steward of nuclear weapons. You can rest assured that they would only use them if it was really necessary. I'm pretty sure it's in the bible. GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!
If every nation had nukes, everyone would be too scared to use them, so free access to nuclear weapons would make us all safer. That's just common sense.
No it's MAD I tell you MAD!!!!!!!!!
A madhouse, a MADHOUSE!?
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

Wolter
User avatar
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen
Posts: 49245
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:59pm
Location: ¡HOLIDAY RO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-OAD!
Contact:

Re: WW III poll

Post by Wolter » 24 Jun 2008, 9:54am

Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
101Walterton wrote:Why can America have nuclear weapons but not Iran ?
Because America is a responsible steward of nuclear weapons. You can rest assured that they would only use them if it was really necessary. I'm pretty sure it's in the bible. GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!
If every nation had nukes, everyone would be too scared to use them, so free access to nuclear weapons would make us all safer. That's just common sense.
No it's MAD I tell you MAD!!!!!!!!!
A madhouse, a MADHOUSE!?
Look, everyone should have nuclear weapons and receive training in their safe use. That's the only way to stop the lawlessness inherent in all people.
"There's something more honest, he believed, about traditional methods of mass starvation, labour camps, and machine gunning millions to death. Stalin was a vinyl guy who sneered at Truman converting everything to compact disc." - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 4 guests