Canadian Election 2008

Politics and other such topical creams.
JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Re: Canadian Election 2008

Post by JennyB »

Wait....Celine Dion is running for PM? I knew that bitch wanted to conquer the world.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:Wait....Celine Dion is running for PM? I knew that bitch wanted to conquer the world.
Your country embraced her; mine kept her confined to Quebec. :shifty:
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:Wait....Celine Dion is running for PM? I knew that bitch wanted to conquer the world.
Your country embraced her; mine kept her confined to Quebec. :shifty:
Forget Iraq -- that's our national shame.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Alyssa
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Alyssa »

Canadians:

Vote tomorrow!!!!!! And NOT for Harper.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

If you live in a close riding, vote strategically to cut down on the number of Tory seats.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Alyssa
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Alyssa »

Funny, the riding where I'm currently living is right at the top of that list. I know it's alphabetical, but still weird. It's always a close one here.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Disappointed and relieved by the results. Disappointed that the Conservatives came fairly close to a majority—thanks in part, it appears, to vote splitting in Ontario and a bit of a breakthrough in the Maritimes—but they didn't, and the centre-left gained a bit over 50% of the national vote. With economic bad times ahead, does Harper have it in him to compromise his hard right policies? And if not, do the three opposition parties have it in them to find enough common ground to stop him? I don't have a lot of hope for a yes to either question.

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Agreed, but Dion's a bit of a sap. And that didn't help.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Inder wrote:Agreed, but Dion's a bit of a sap. And that didn't help.
Tho I still voted Green, I'm okay with Dion. Very intelligent guy and willing to place vital interests ahead of party, but not blessed with charisma. Dion'll get dumped, unfortunately, but if Bob Rae can get the leadership of the Liberals, they'll be in good shape. (Likewise with Ignatieff, but I don't care for him one bit.)

dd_
Sightsee MC

Post by dd_ »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Inder wrote:Agreed, but Dion's a bit of a sap. And that didn't help.
Tho I still voted Green, I'm okay with Dion. Very intelligent guy and willing to place vital interests ahead of party, but not blessed with charisma. Dion'll get dumped, unfortunately, but if Bob Rae can get the leadership of the Liberals, they'll be in good shape. (Likewise with Ignatieff, but I don't care for him one bit.)
Dumped: http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2008/10/ ... -dion.html

Hopefully, they can find a better replacement to bring Canada to its "natural" left-center.