20171215_115234.png (499.92 KiB) Viewed 6172 times

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Re: "What Have Millennials Ruined Today?" Game, presented by Charleston Chew™

Post by Flex »

revbob wrote:
15 Dec 2017, 12:58pm
Some holidsy music to go with their beet root donuts and IPAs
All of this actually seems awesome, imho. More proof of Millenial greatness. :cool:
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Flex wrote:
15 Dec 2017, 1:00pm
revbob wrote:
15 Dec 2017, 12:58pm
Some holidsy music to go with their beet root donuts and IPAs
All of this actually seems awesome, imho. More proof of Millenial greatness. :cool:
I’ve seen em make hamburgers with donut buns, lightening and Godwrath.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Aug 2018, 6:42am
I hate him.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

The latest thing they've ruined? The USPS and democracy itself: https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing ... e-absentee
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 Sep 2018, 9:34am
The latest thing they've ruined? The USPS and democracy itself: https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing ... e-absentee
They like brands with synergy. USPS has no synergy.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
19 Sep 2018, 9:55am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
They like brands with synergy. USPS has no synergy.

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
I hardly ever use stamps anymore. I pay all of my bills online. I think I purchased 1 stamp in 2018 - can't remember why. That said, I know where to buy a stamp if I need one.

My girlfriend and I have both discussed Millennials from time to time and we've concluded it's not so much that they're lazy, but they lack solid problem solving skills. In this article, for instance, it's not that they don't want to vote (which is great), but they're not voting because they don't know where to find a stamp - so then they don't vote. They're willing to do the work, but struggle to navigate obstacles and again - I don't think it is about being lazy - I think it's about honestly not seeing how to find an answer.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

WestwayKid wrote:
20 Sep 2018, 8:05am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I hardly ever use stamps anymore. I pay all of my bills online. I think I purchased 1 stamp in 2018 - can't remember why. That said, I know where to buy a stamp if I need one.
We have a book of stamps pinned to a corkboard in our kitchen. It tends to last over a year. I have to mail off a life insurance premium cheque a couple times a year, but that's the only set mailing I do.
My girlfriend and I have both discussed Millennials from time to time and we've concluded it's not so much that they're lazy, but they lack solid problem solving skills. In this article, for instance, it's not that they don't want to vote (which is great), but they're not voting because they don't know where to find a stamp - so then they don't vote. They're willing to do the work, but struggle to navigate obstacles and again - I don't think it is about being lazy - I think it's about honestly not seeing how to find an answer.
My experience with university-aged students has been that they're very hard-working and earnest, but less critical/skeptical. There's far more of a "why can't we all just get along" than a demand to understand why we don't. That's not necessarily a criticism, either. That more romantic perspective might be what is required to actually put aside endless criticism and get to work. But, if so, it probably means papering over tough questions and letting them fester. On the whole, I'm more impressed with Millennials than my own generation. Our skepticism and cynicism has mostly ended up supporting the dumb hardened divisions of Boomers rather than offering critical solutions. I'm not really capable of a more optimistic, romantic perspective to social problems, but I'm more than willing to concede the ground to a generation that is.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

I always have stamps on me because I am a firm believer in the handwritten thank you note.

I don't think millenials are to blame for anything. Boomers are the root of every problem in our society. And they are usually the loudest critics of millenials...the very millenials they raised.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
20 Sep 2018, 9:37am
I don't think millenials are to blame for anything. Boomers are the root of every problem in our society. And they are usually the loudest critics of millenials...the very millenials they raised.
You mean the parents who insisted their kid get a trophy for showing up and now complain that Millennials expect to be praised for showing up?

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
20 Sep 2018, 9:50am
JennyB wrote:
You mean the parents who insisted their kid get a trophy for showing up and now complain that Millennials expect to be praised for showing up?
I'm not sure it's that easy, however. I was raised by Boomers - but being born in January 1977 - I'm not a Millennial. I'm late period Gen-X or whatever they label us these days and I feel like I have more in common with my Boomer parents than I do with the generations that have come after more (good and bad). My dad was born in 1950 and my mom was born in 1953 - and they have both been hard workers, good problem solvers, and so on. I feel like they took the "hard working" reputation of their parent's generation and infused it with more progressive thinking - which is what they passed on to me and my sisters. My parents grew up during the "innocent" years of the 1950's and came of age in the 1960's before starting a family in the 1970's (my youngest sister was born in 1980).

I wonder if it has something to do with where one's parents fall on the Boomer spectrum? Did late period Boomers give us the Millennials?
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

WestwayKid wrote:
20 Sep 2018, 10:20am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
20 Sep 2018, 9:50am
JennyB wrote:
I'm not sure it's that easy, however. I was raised by Boomers - but being born in January 1977 - I'm not a Millennial. I'm late period Gen-X or whatever they label us these days and I feel like I have more in common with my Boomer parents than I do with the generations that have come after more (good and bad). My dad was born in 1950 and my mom was born in 1953 - and they have both been hard workers, good problem solvers, and so on. I feel like they took the "hard working" reputation of their parent's generation and infused it with more progressive thinking - which is what they passed on to me and my sisters. My parents grew up during the "innocent" years of the 1950's and came of age in the 1960's before starting a family in the 1970's (my youngest sister was born in 1980).

I wonder if it has something to do with where one's parents fall on the Boomer spectrum? Did late period Boomers give us the Millennials?
Obviously I was making a generalization. It's definitely not that easy, for sure.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy