Unknown Immortal

Re: The Trump observations thread

Post by WestwayKid »

"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Sep 2019, 2:02pm
goldengateblond/status/1168615781812195328?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1168615781812195328%7Ctwgr%5E363937393b70726f64756374696f6e
he dumb
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

A tv channel here has started running The Wonder Years at noon. I never really watched it the first time around—enough to know the basic characters and premise, but not with any detail—so I've been catching it this time around while having lunch. Anyway, the mental game I'm playing is that Kevin grows up to be a rabid, xenophobic, homophobic Trump supporter.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Sep 2019, 12:06pm
A tv channel here has started running The Wonder Years at noon. I never really watched it the first time around—enough to know the basic characters and premise, but not with any detail—so I've been catching it this time around while having lunch. Anyway, the mental game I'm playing is that Kevin grows up to be a rabid, xenophobic, homophobic Trump supporter.
I don't see it. I feel like the asshole older brother would be the Trump supporter. Kevin would be a blue dog dem.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
09 Sep 2019, 12:43pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I don't see it. I feel like the asshole older brother would be the Trump supporter. Kevin would be a blue dog dem.
It's true. Wayne and Kevin bonded over their fear of Mexicans. They're all monsters.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Sep 2019, 12:54pm
JennyB wrote:
09 Sep 2019, 12:43pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
It's true. Wayne and Kevin bonded over their fear of Mexicans. They're all monsters.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Got a Rake? Sure!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

https://www.businessinsider.com/ivanka- ... ort-2019-9

Oh, Don, you may not be quite as stupid as Eric (maybe!), but you're definitely out of your league against your sister. She would slice you crotch to gills and walk away before you hit the ground.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

The palindrome of Bolton would be notlob!
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... ty-adviser

Certainly removes a voice itching for fifteen new wars.

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

I drive past a 7-Eleven on my way to work every morning and it is usually the place I stop for gas. I can't remember the last time I actually went inside, but I did this morning to get a cup of coffee and as I was waiting in line I noticed a bunch of cheap Trump items on the counter: playing cards, buttons, coffee mugs. Needless to say, but I'm no longer going to get gas from that location.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Okay, I'm basically just throwing shit out here that can be justifiably slapped back as nutso. For all his bluster, impeachment even without acquittal in a Senate trial scares the fuck out of Trump, and he'll seek a deal to avoid it altogether (meaning, resignation). His real fear is being prosecuted after he leaves office—assuming he isn't re-elected and would be able to skate by on some charges due to statute of limitation provisions—and going to jail and losing his business. Impeachment puts a lot of nasty shit on the record, in full public view, and could be used against him in post-office prosecution. My thinking on this is guided by a belief that he's basically a chickenshit, the stereotypical bully who'll back down if he can't win because his power is built on the illusion of toughness. Contrary to his image, he's not a fighter. He'll shank someone in the back, but he's not someone who truly relishes a fight to prove his superiority. He relies on people to back down. He's a slippery fucker who works on deniability, and an impeachment vote will be nailed to his forehead. So if impeachment truly gets underway, I'm positing that he'll Nixon it and quit beforehand rather than Clinton it and take the acquittal in the Senate.

But this is completely wrong for any number of reasons, including a misreading of his character.

edit: There is, in fact, no such thing as a statue of limitations.
Last edited by Dr. Medulla on 25 Sep 2019, 11:13am, edited 1 time in total.

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

I like how you're thinking, Doc, but I'm keeping my hopes in check.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Mimi wrote:
25 Sep 2019, 10:39am
I agree with this post.
Got a Rake? Sure!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
25 Sep 2019, 10:39am
Of course, and I'd never wage real money on what I'm suggesting. But I do disagree greatly with the idea that impeachment somehow plays right into his hands. There's this weird belief that he's a Bond villain working eighteen moves ahead and that the American public are so dopey that, despite upwards of two-thirds saying they'd never vote for him, somehow laying out a case for his criminal behaviour is going to flip the script? Embedded in all that is a belief that the masses are dolts. Even if some people are susceptible to lies and appeals to fears and bigotry, most people aren't.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Evil and incompetent is a heady brew.
https://theweek.com/speedreads/867641/w ... ncy-pelosi