Unknown Immortal

Re: The Trump observations thread

Post by Sparky »

gkbill wrote:
14 Mar 2024, 9:35am
Hello,

Please feel free to share - please!

https://archive.ph/4MUXr
Typical Trump, never let facts get in the way of telling story.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

More entirely unsurprising news: He can't get someone to underwrite the huge bond.
https://www.ctvnews.ca/world/trump-is-u ... -1.6811827
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Mar 2024, 4:19pm
More entirely unsurprising news: He can't get someone to underwrite the huge bond.
This is from a private board, but it's worth sharing in full, imho because it's a beautiful, beautiful thing to read:
I was a banker at [redacted] a lifetime ago, and was at the center of a distressed situation of about this magnitude. We had lent $500 million to a Russian oil company and they defaulted on it after about three months after the price of oil went to $9.00 a barrel. We were left holding a worthless loan and let me tell you what is happening at the Trump organization based on what I saw at [redacted]: everyone, and I mean everyone, is running for the exits. I wasn’t an MD at the time and it was my client, so guess who was left holding the bag. You have never seen senior people disappear so fast - it was as if they melted into the ether and [redacted] was standing there holding a big stinky $500 million worthless loan agreement. I am 100% certain that the exact same thing is happening right now at the Trump Organization - everyone, absolutely everyone, is running for the exits. Some poor sap will be left holding the bag, and, to mix metaphors, Jack Smith and Letitia James are circling that carcass like vultures, waiting to see which hyena is left out in the cold, and that person will get the deal of a lifetime to flip on Trump and put him in jail for life.
(Identifying elements of the post redacted/omitted)
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
18 Mar 2024, 4:22pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
This is from a private board, but it's worth sharing in full, imho because it's a beautiful, beautiful thing to read:
I was a banker at [redacted] a lifetime ago, and was at the center of a distressed situation of about this magnitude. We had lent $500 million to a Russian oil company and they defaulted on it after about three months after the price of oil went to $9.00 a barrel. We were left holding a worthless loan and let me tell you what is happening at the Trump organization based on what I saw at [redacted]: everyone, and I mean everyone, is running for the exits. I wasn’t an MD at the time and it was my client, so guess who was left holding the bag. You have never seen senior people disappear so fast - it was as if they melted into the ether and [redacted] was standing there holding a big stinky $500 million worthless loan agreement. I am 100% certain that the exact same thing is happening right now at the Trump Organization - everyone, absolutely everyone, is running for the exits. Some poor sap will be left holding the bag, and, to mix metaphors, Jack Smith and Letitia James are circling that carcass like vultures, waiting to see which hyena is left out in the cold, and that person will get the deal of a lifetime to flip on Trump and put him in jail for life.
Fascinating if somehow this thing so messes shit up he drops out of the presidential race before becoming the nominee. It'd be hard to firewall this stuff anyway, and this is a guy who has never played the game competently (or, of course, legally).
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Flex wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Oh, I only hope it's true! I'm with Doc, I'd love to see the GQP lose their candidate sent by God before the election, the MAGA tears would be a flowin'!

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Sparky wrote:
18 Mar 2024, 5:26pm
Flex wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Oh, I only hope it's true! I'm with Doc, I'd love to see the GQP lose their candidate sent by God before the election, the MAGA tears would be a flowin'!
I feel like the only way this will happen is if he drops dead. But even then, I'm sure they'll Dave him.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

I don't know if I'm going to make it this time. Every time I see an article about him it ruins my entire day.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

Hello,

Trump tells Pence "Certifying will be a career killer".

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/03/21/us/t ... 8aa88c3feb

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

gkbill wrote:
21 Mar 2024, 6:27pm
Hello,

Trump tells Pence "Certifying will be a career killer".

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/03/21/us/t ... 8aa88c3feb
To be fair, he was right.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Mar 2024, 6:32pm
The man knows his base.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Flex wrote:
21 Mar 2024, 6:35pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
The man knows his base.
Call me a horrible person but I think we would be in a better place if a few of the Republicans met an untimely demise on Jan 6.

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

revbob wrote:
23 Mar 2024, 8:55pm
Flex wrote:
21 Mar 2024, 6:35pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
The man knows his base.
Call me a horrible person but I think we would be in a better place if a few of the Republicans met an untimely demise on Jan 6.
It certainly would have forced the impeachment/removal issue instead of McConnell dragging it out so it didn’t matter and then not invalidating him from future office. Yeah that probably would have finally been a step too far, so I agree.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

On the challenges of seizing property: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... ump-assets

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
24 Mar 2024, 10:03am
On the challenges of seizing property: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... ump-assets
No doubt it will take some time, but assuming the part about freezing his bank assets will be fairly easy, unless of course he's already moved what little he has to another state.

First off James’s office is likely to send out a letter of garnishment to every bank in New York and the US requiring them to freeze Trump’s bank accounts and to deliver the cash, bonds or possessions held in security deposit boxes to her office in New York.
Last edited by Sparky on 24 Mar 2024, 12:12pm, edited 1 time in total.