That was awesome.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Re: The Trump observations thread

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 Jan 2017, 12:42pm
http://cheezburger.com/1430021/fail-lis ... s-password

Man, we're going to pining for the competency of the Bush years, aren't we?
Going to be? I already am. And I hated that fucker.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

Flex wrote:
26 Jan 2017, 12:45pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:

lol
I shit you not: https://theintercept.com/2017/01/26/don ... the-world/

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Rat Patrol wrote:
26 Jan 2017, 5:12pm
Flex wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

lol
LOCK HIM UP! LOCK HIM UP!
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Rat Patrol wrote:
Flex wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

lol
I really want to laugh but, fuck, that's insanely irresponsible. He really is everyone's confused nana trying to work the Yahoo.
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 Jan 2017, 5:36pm
Rat Patrol wrote:
Flex wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

lol
I really want to laugh but, fuck, that's insanely irresponsible. He really is everyone's confused nana trying to work the Yahoo.
Now come on...if it were a Yahoo e-mail his Twatter account would've been pwn3d like like 3 years ago and every 2 weeks since. At least Gmail nags you about cell phone confirmation for suspicious activity. Sure, he's still using his insecure Android cell and probably gives out his digits like candy to every Russian hooker with a piss fetish...but that's, like, a whole ten minutes' work for a 13-year-old in his mom's basement to hack them both.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

"This is how you order the bombers, sir."
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

JennyB wrote:
26 Jan 2017, 3:26pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Going to be? I already am. And I hated that fucker.
Me too. I never thought I'd say that.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Anyone interested in setting up some kind of pool about whether Jabba quits, dies, is impeached, or lasts the full term? Cos frankly I don't know if he'll last a full year based on the stories that are already leaking out (that they're leaking out so soon is telling in itself). If not for the consequences for billions of people, there'd be great satisfaction that a hideous narcissist is being constantly bombarded by evidence that he's deeply unpopular and he's not up to this job. And the effort required to deny that only worsens those two factors.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 Jan 2017, 9:08am
Anyone interested in setting up some kind of pool about whether Jabba quits, dies, is impeached, or lasts the full term? Cos frankly I don't know if he'll last a full year based on the stories that are already leaking out (that they're leaking out so soon is telling in itself). If not for the consequences for billions of people, there'd be great satisfaction that a hideous narcissist is being constantly bombarded by evidence that he's deeply unpopular and he's not up to this job. And the effort required to deny that only worsens those two factors.
Count me in!
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Did you see the interview on the plane? He already looks like a scared puppy.

I'm in, too.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Just throwing this out there (assuming enough interest to do this), $2 a pick, as many picks as you want to buy, each pick selecting a fate and a date. When we have an answer, the money gets split up evenly amongst all the right answers. I assume there'd be multiple winners for fate and only one for closest date. If someone has a more sensible methodology, I'm not exactly wedded to this.

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Quits is the only thing I could see. Presidents get pretty much the best health monitoring of anyone in the world (unless he sticks to his witch doctor). He isn't going to get impeached because Republicans. If he gets too frustrated with how things actually work, I can see him bailing. It'd be bad for the brand, so I still think it's very unlikely.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

matedog wrote:
27 Jan 2017, 11:30am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Quits is the only thing I could see. Presidents get pretty much the best health monitoring of anyone in the world (unless he sticks to his witch doctor). He isn't going to get impeached because Republicans. If he gets too frustrated with how things actually work, I can see him bailing. It'd be bad for the brand, so I still think it's very unlikely.
I think impeachment is a legitimate possibility because there's no loyalty between him and Congressional Republicans and they've got one of their, Pence, waiting in the wings. If the polls show he's bringing them down, they have no reason to fall with him. I lean to dying, myself, because he's already in dubious health in a high-stress job and I doubt he'd listen to any doctor that told him he had to change his diet or routine. Dying would also remove one scary scenario where, if impeachment were on the table, he tried some kind of coup or worse. Is he so far gone that he's an apres moi rien nihilist? Better for all of us to have a dead-before-he-hits-the-ground stroke.

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 Jan 2017, 11:42am
matedog wrote:
27 Jan 2017, 11:30am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I think impeachment is a legitimate possibility because there's no loyalty between him and Congressional Republicans and they've got one of their, Pence, waiting in the wings. If the polls show he's bringing them down, they have no reason to fall with him. I lean to dying, myself, because he's already in dubious health in a high-stress job and I doubt he'd listen to any doctor that told him he had to change his diet or routine. Dying would also remove one scary scenario where, if impeachment were on the table, he tried some kind of coup or worse. Is he so far gone that he's an apres moi rien nihilist? Better for all of us to have a dead-before-he-hits-the-ground stroke.
I forgot about the Pence factor.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.