Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
20 Nov 2019, 3:57pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
20 Nov 2019, 3:06pm
JennyB wrote:
20 Nov 2019, 2:56pm
Nothing is going to happen to him.
Not unless the polls turn enough on Republicans and they worry that keeping him will cost the Senate. Any commitment to him is wholly mercenary, so if he helps them politically, they'll acquit in the Senate trial; if he's a threat, they'll kick him to the curb.
We can hope. Or that he has a massive coronary from stress eating big macs.
There was a piece the other day quoting, I think, Obama's White House doctor, who speculates that Trump has suffered a series of small strokes, which is affecting memory, causing slurring, and other neurological oddities. And this anonymous insider book that came out also mentions that Trump's memory is disturbingly non-existent. He's incapable of holding onto even the most recent conversations. So, c'mon, massive brain-exploding stroke, you've got it in ya!
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Re: The Trump observations thread

Post by Mimi »

JennyB wrote:
*sigh* I know. But I want to enjoy these moments while I can.

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
20 Nov 2019, 4:14pm
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Not unless the polls turn enough on Republicans and they worry that keeping him will cost the Senate. Any commitment to him is wholly mercenary, so if he helps them politically, they'll acquit in the Senate trial; if he's a threat, they'll kick him to the curb.
There was a piece the other day quoting, I think, Obama's White House doctor, who speculates that Trump has suffered a series of small strokes, which is affecting memory, causing slurring, and other neurological oddities. And this anonymous insider book that came out also mentions that Trump's memory is disturbingly non-existent. He's incapable of holding onto even the most recent conversations. So, c'mon, massive brain-exploding stroke, you've got it in ya!
Would suck if his "empire" falls and he becomes a national disgrace and his brand goes to shit, but he doesn't have the mental faculties to be aware of all of that.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

matedog wrote:
20 Nov 2019, 6:25pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Would suck if his "empire" falls and he becomes a national disgrace and his brand goes to shit, but he doesn't have the mental faculties to be aware of all of that.
That'd be the cherry on the sundae. But I'll take him dead and his businesses sued into oblivion.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

matedog wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
His family having to live with that would be a nice consolation prize.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
20 Nov 2019, 7:18pm
matedog wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

His family having to live with that would be a nice consolation prize.
I have a hard time imagining either of the Trump boys getting a job without the name. I doubt they could even push a broom without nutting themselves.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

matedog wrote:
21 Nov 2019, 11:03am
I saw someone describe it as emo poetry.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Seriously. If my friend's dad, who was one of the kindest people I had ever met, could get killed by a massive brain aneurysm at age 52, why can't Trump?
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
21 Nov 2019, 1:06pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Seriously. If my friend's dad, who was one of the kindest people I had ever met, could get killed by a massive brain aneurysm at age 52, why can't Trump?
What baffles me is that the guy is obese and has the white trashiest of diets, yet it's like his narcissism acts as a prophylactic to all that. People who guzzle a couple litres of Diet Coke, eat fast food, and never exercise are expected to die before retirement age.

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Nov 2019, 1:11pm
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

What baffles me is that the guy is obese and has the white trashiest of diets, yet it's like his narcissism acts as a prophylactic to all that. People who guzzle a couple litres of Diet Coke, eat fast food, and never exercise are expected to die before retirement age.
Only the good die young.

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Mimi wrote:
21 Nov 2019, 1:46pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:

Only the good die young.
...at least according to Billy Joel.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

Can we fire Mr. Jordan out of a poop cannon into a raging fire? I mean, shut the fuck up already. The more you open your mouth, the more you lower the IQ of this nation.

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

WestwayKid wrote:
21 Nov 2019, 2:30pm
Mimi wrote:
21 Nov 2019, 1:46pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Only the good die young.
...at least according to Billy Joel.
Hence his endurance.