Fuck this, not again!

Politics and other such topical creams.
Vimmattu
Long Time Jerk

Fuck this, not again!

Post by Vimmattu »

Finland September 23rd 2008: School shooting, the score is 9 dead at the moment...

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/europ ... index.html

Like the last years Jokela incident was not enough. Fuck this.
Last edited by Vimmattu on 23 Sep 2008, 8:54am, edited 1 time in total.
- Pilled up and rrattling -

Vimmattu
Long Time Jerk

Re: Fuck this, not again!

Post by Vimmattu »

Here's the shooter:

http://www.iltalehti.fi/uutiset/2008092 ... 4_uu.shtml

A copycat of Jokela's Auvinen. The fucker sent out an Youtube message this morning just before the massacre. Auvinen did the same last year.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Any sense of the reasons involved in this? That is, is it wholly random disturbed individual or has there been an increase in gun violence in Finland, and this is just a more obvious event?
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Vimmattu
Long Time Jerk

Post by Vimmattu »

Dr. Medulla wrote:Any sense of the reasons involved in this? That is, is it wholly random disturbed individual or has there been an increase in gun violence in Finland, and this is just a more obvious event?
I have not had the chance to study the background of this incident, but it seems that the act is precisely similar to the Jokela Youtube killings. I would say that there has not been any more gun violence or school violence in general in Finland since Jokela. However, there has obviously been threats made to several schools though after last November, but this was the first incident when something has happened since then. This killer seems like a random copycat.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Thanks. You're a teacher, aren't you? That has to add an extra level of queasiness to all this.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Vimmattu
Long Time Jerk

Post by Vimmattu »

Yes I am, Doc. I don't know what to think. This truly was a shock.

The death toll is currently 11. 10 victims and the killer. He shot himself and died in a hospital later.

Oh yes, the police had interrogated the shooter yesterday about his hate messages on the net. They had no grounds to arrest him or take away his gun, however. The officers in question will surely remember this day. Think about that.

threecoffins
Sasquatch Determinator

Post by threecoffins »

The past month has seen a rash of school shootings here in Toronto. It hadn't been much of a problem around these parts 'til now.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

threecoffins wrote:The past month has seen a rash of school shootings here in Toronto. It hadn't been much of a problem around these parts 'til now.
Michael Moore told me there weren't any guns in Canada.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

tepista wrote:
threecoffins wrote:The past month has seen a rash of school shootings here in Toronto. It hadn't been much of a problem around these parts 'til now.
No, he actually pointed out that there is a high degree of gun ownership in Canada—mainly rifles for hunting—but that the level of gun violence is considerably less than the US (he suggests for cultural reasons, and I'd say he's more correct than not). His dumbest stunt re. Canada in Bowling For Columbine was to suggest that no one locks their doors here.

threecoffins
Sasquatch Determinator

Post by threecoffins »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
tepista wrote:
No, he actually pointed out that there is a high degree of gun ownership in Canada—mainly rifles for hunting—but that the level of gun violence is considerably less than the US (he suggests for cultural reasons, and I'd say he's more correct than not). His dumbest stunt re. Canada in Bowling For Columbine was to suggest that no one locks their doors here.
Yeah, you can still buy handguns on the black market like anywhere, it's just less prevalent.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Vim -- I am really sorry to hear about this.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Post by Olaf »

Dr. Medulla wrote:His dumbest stunt re. Canada in Bowling For Columbine was to suggest that no one locks their doors here.
Yeah, I thought that was funny.

And Germany is the home of Goth music.
Who pfaffed the pfaff? Who got pfaffed tonight?

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Now if every kid in college was issued with a gun instead of a pencil this would never happen.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

101Walterton wrote:Now if every kid in college was issued with a gun instead of a pencil this would never happen.
Troll baiter … ;)

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
101Walterton wrote:Now if every kid in college was issued with a gun instead of a pencil this would never happen.
Troll baiter … ;)
Just making my point via sarcasm.