The Future of the Democratic Party

Politics and other such topical creams.
eumaas
User avatar
Klezmer Shogun
Posts: 22600
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 8:10pm
Location: Carrboro/Alamut

Re: The Future of the Democratic Party

Post by eumaas » 26 Sep 2016, 2:37pm

Also this (the images not the comments):


"The only thing that really occurs to me that I can say on this is to point out how fascinating it is that the Hassan-i-Sabbah archetype keeps turning up over and over again ... He disappears up into the mountains and is never seen again. Believe me, he'll never be seen again. He'll live forever because of that."

eumaas
User avatar
Klezmer Shogun
Posts: 22600
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 8:10pm
Location: Carrboro/Alamut

Re: The Future of the Democratic Party

Post by eumaas » 26 Sep 2016, 2:41pm

Flex wrote:
eumaas wrote:Liberal Twitter has now united on the proposition that George W. Bush is a good guy.

But also, Ralph Nader is still evil even tho Bush was Actually Good.
This little move to veneration for Dubya over the weekend has made me ill.
To be fair, forgiveness is a trait of God.
"The only thing that really occurs to me that I can say on this is to point out how fascinating it is that the Hassan-i-Sabbah archetype keeps turning up over and over again ... He disappears up into the mountains and is never seen again. Believe me, he'll never be seen again. He'll live forever because of that."

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71196
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: The Future of the Democratic Party

Post by Dr. Medulla » 26 Sep 2016, 2:52pm

That is beyond repulsive. Disgusting Orwellian rewriting of events and their consequences. Choosing Clinton out of fear is the only moral justification for giving her your vote.
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

JennyB
User avatar
Clash Cuck
Posts: 15393
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 1:13pm
Location: Moranjortsville

Re: The Future of the Democratic Party

Post by JennyB » 26 Sep 2016, 3:21pm

Flex wrote:
eumaas wrote:Liberal Twitter has now united on the proposition that George W. Bush is a good guy.

But also, Ralph Nader is still evil even tho Bush was Actually Good.
This little move to veneration for Dubya over the weekend has made me ill.
It's crazy. I don't get it. I mean, he does stuff to kind of make you feel sorry for him (his "art"), but FFS, he's not a good guy.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

Don't talk shop.

Silent Majority
User avatar
Singer-Songwriter Nancy
Posts: 12603
Joined: 10 Nov 2008, 8:28pm
Location: A republic of mind
Contact:

Re: The Future of the Democratic Party

Post by Silent Majority » 27 Sep 2016, 2:16am

If you're going to vote enthusiastically for Clinton, there's probably very little that Bush did which you disappove of. It's only the sports rival approach to the two party system that meant a lot of Dems hated him. They've shown with their Obama adulation how accepting they are of ongoing war.

Likewise, the UK soft left are happier to vote Theresa May than Corbyn. Ideas and principles don't seem to matter to them, any more than wanting Arsenal to beat Chelsea comes down to a philosophical difference.
'But also: hey dude, you can just go looking for more glasses. They're all free now. '

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

BostonBeaneater
User avatar
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel
Posts: 6855
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:24pm
Location: Between the moon and New York City

Re: The Future of the Democratic Party

Post by BostonBeaneater » 27 Sep 2016, 10:46am

JennyB wrote:
Flex wrote:
eumaas wrote:Liberal Twitter has now united on the proposition that George W. Bush is a good guy.

But also, Ralph Nader is still evil even tho Bush was Actually Good.
This little move to veneration for Dubya over the weekend has made me ill.
It's crazy. I don't get it. I mean, he does stuff to kind of make you feel sorry for him (his "art"), but FFS, he's not a good guy.

It's a bygones be bygones sort of thing I think. I don't like W. but seeing his mug just doesn't elicit the contempt it did eight years ago. Compared to Trump and his chomo* sidekick GW seems awfully palatable.


*Chomo: prison slang for child molester.
Image

JennyB
User avatar
Clash Cuck
Posts: 15393
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 1:13pm
Location: Moranjortsville

Re: The Future of the Democratic Party

Post by JennyB » 27 Sep 2016, 12:23pm

BostonBeaneater wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Flex wrote:
eumaas wrote:Liberal Twitter has now united on the proposition that George W. Bush is a good guy.

But also, Ralph Nader is still evil even tho Bush was Actually Good.
This little move to veneration for Dubya over the weekend has made me ill.
It's crazy. I don't get it. I mean, he does stuff to kind of make you feel sorry for him (his "art"), but FFS, he's not a good guy.

It's a bygones be bygones sort of thing I think. I don't like W. but seeing his mug just doesn't elicit the contempt it did eight years ago. Compared to Trump and his chomo* sidekick GW seems awfully palatable.


*Chomo: prison slang for child molester.
Pence is a chomo? Also, how do you know of such slang? :shifty:
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

Don't talk shop.

Inder
User avatar
corecore vanguard
Posts: 7985
Joined: 14 Jun 2008, 3:28pm

Re: The Future of the Democratic Party

Post by Inder » 27 Sep 2016, 12:45pm

Silent Majority wrote:If you're going to vote enthusiastically for Clinton, there's probably very little that Bush did which you disappove of. It's only the sports rival approach to the two party system that meant a lot of Dems hated him. They've shown with their Obama adulation how accepting they are of ongoing war.

Likewise, the UK soft left are happier to vote Theresa May than Corbyn. Ideas and principles don't seem to matter to them, any more than wanting Arsenal to beat Chelsea comes down to a philosophical difference.
Bang on.

BostonBeaneater
User avatar
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel
Posts: 6855
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:24pm
Location: Between the moon and New York City

Re: The Future of the Democratic Party

Post by BostonBeaneater » 27 Sep 2016, 1:41pm

JennyB wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Flex wrote:
eumaas wrote:Liberal Twitter has now united on the proposition that George W. Bush is a good guy.

But also, Ralph Nader is still evil even tho Bush was Actually Good.
This little move to veneration for Dubya over the weekend has made me ill.
It's crazy. I don't get it. I mean, he does stuff to kind of make you feel sorry for him (his "art"), but FFS, he's not a good guy.

It's a bygones be bygones sort of thing I think. I don't like W. but seeing his mug just doesn't elicit the contempt it did eight years ago. Compared to Trump and his chomo* sidekick GW seems awfully palatable.


*Chomo: prison slang for child molester.
Pence is a chomo? Also, how do you know of such slang? :shifty:
He's a total chomo. I read a lot about prison slang and culture. I'm forward thinking.
Image

eumaas
User avatar
Klezmer Shogun
Posts: 22600
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 8:10pm
Location: Carrboro/Alamut

Re: The Future of the Democratic Party

Post by eumaas » 27 Sep 2016, 9:11pm

Forgot to share the best one.

"The only thing that really occurs to me that I can say on this is to point out how fascinating it is that the Hassan-i-Sabbah archetype keeps turning up over and over again ... He disappears up into the mountains and is never seen again. Believe me, he'll never be seen again. He'll live forever because of that."

Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 25039
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!
Contact:

Re: The Future of the Democratic Party

Post by Flex » 10 Nov 2016, 1:07am

The woke liberal refusal to self-evaluate is coming along quite nicely: http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/09/opinions/ ... index.html
"I live inside my own heart, Matt Damon." - Prince

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

eumaas
User avatar
Klezmer Shogun
Posts: 22600
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 8:10pm
Location: Carrboro/Alamut

Re: The Future of the Democratic Party

Post by eumaas » 10 Nov 2016, 10:43am

Flex wrote:The woke liberal refusal to self-evaluate is coming along quite nicely: http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/09/opinions/ ... index.html
Not sure I want to hate-read this morning. Does she acknowledge abstention and disenfranchisement at any point?
"The only thing that really occurs to me that I can say on this is to point out how fascinating it is that the Hassan-i-Sabbah archetype keeps turning up over and over again ... He disappears up into the mountains and is never seen again. Believe me, he'll never be seen again. He'll live forever because of that."

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71196
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: The Future of the Democratic Party

Post by Dr. Medulla » 10 Nov 2016, 10:54am

Flex wrote:The woke liberal refusal to self-evaluate is coming along quite nicely: http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/09/opinions/ ... index.html
That makes me think of something I related earlier this summer: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3762&p=440665#p440665

I've read so many angry pieces by women the last couple days blaming female Trump voters for selling themselves out. What isn't appreciated is that we can be divided and grouped in so many ways—sex/gender, race, nationality/region, class, generation, etc—and circumstances often dictate how we rank these things. Feminism may be strongest amongst middle-class white women because race and class aren't a great concern for them—that is, those categories are already advantages—whereas gender discrimination is a constant problem. So, of course, feminism is high in their self-perception and demands. For economically marginalized women, class may matter more. We can't say for certain that the women who voted for Trump don't care about his misogyny and that they knowingly sold out other women. It might just be that paying the bills mattered more and they took a chance with the guy who said the economy stinks and he'd turn it around. Shitting on those women for being stupid may feel satisfying, but it doesn't get you any closer to understanding the rationale of female Trump voters.
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 25039
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!
Contact:

Re: The Future of the Democratic Party

Post by Flex » 10 Nov 2016, 1:09pm

eumaas wrote:Not sure I want to hate-read this morning. Does she acknowledge abstention and disenfranchisement at any point?
No. Her conclusion is that too many poor, uneducated women have chosen the safety and security of patriarchy over real freedom. No mention of declining voter rates.
"I live inside my own heart, Matt Damon." - Prince

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

JennyB
User avatar
Clash Cuck
Posts: 15393
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 1:13pm
Location: Moranjortsville

Re: The Future of the Democratic Party

Post by JennyB » 10 Nov 2016, 1:56pm

Flex wrote:
eumaas wrote:Not sure I want to hate-read this morning. Does she acknowledge abstention and disenfranchisement at any point?
No. Her conclusion is that too many poor, uneducated women have chosen the safety and security of patriarchy over real freedom. No mention of declining voter rates.
No mention of voter ID laws, I would imagine.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

Don't talk shop.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest