The Future of the Democratic Party

Politics and other such topical creams.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: The Future of the Democratic Party

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I'm trying to not engage in negativity for the sake of negativity, but: Go fuck yourselves, Clintons and HuffPost.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/hil ... 5206e687d8?
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
02 Feb 2017, 6:51pm
I'm trying to not engage in negativity for the sake of negativity, but: Go fuck yourselves, Clintons and HuffPost.
This is just what we needed right now.
DISAGREE
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Flex wrote:
02 Feb 2017, 6:59pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
DISAGREE
Agree with your disagreement

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Mimi wrote:
03 Feb 2017, 10:00am
Flex wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
DISAGREE
As do I.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

JennyB wrote:
03 Feb 2017, 10:26am
Mimi wrote:
Flex wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
DISAGREE
As do I.
You know what we need? Riots.

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

JennyB wrote:
03 Feb 2017, 10:26am
Mimi wrote:
Flex wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
DISAGREE
As do I.
Good lord, that article.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Rat Patrol wrote:
13 Feb 2017, 5:34pm
Neoliberalism, day ending in -y:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/tru ... f370d8db2b?

She then quoted Ronald Reagan and Henry Kissinger for some reason, and smiled smugly.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

https://www.salon.com/2017/02/16/the-de ... activists/

Bernie you shitheaded traitor, why won't you make all our bad fee-fees go away by using your mind-control device on the Soros-paid mob? K thx bye. (dickface)

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Rat Patrol wrote:
16 Feb 2017, 12:33pm
https://www.salon.com/2017/02/16/the-de ... activists/

Bernie you shitheaded traitor, why won't you make all our bad fee-fees go away by using your mind-control device on the Soros-paid mob? K thx bye. (dickface)
Republicans may use and abuse their base, but Democrats are more noble than that—they want absolutely nothing to do with their likely voters.

Flex

Post by Flex »

Fuck this stupid asshole party.

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Clearly, the faction of the party that lost to a mentally unbalanced fascist has earned the chance to lead it into battle again.

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

Heh. And people thought there was actually a horse race here.

There was some article yesterday interviewing a bunch of random DNC delegates voting in this shindig, and every single one of them said ideology doesn't matter at all in this race...organizing and fundraising experience does.

It was in the bag the second Obama endorsed Perez four months ago. And doubleplus in the bag when the party's #1 billionaire donor, a dyed-in-wool Zionist, warned the DNC not to elect Ellison The Feeelthy Mooslim. Anyone expecting this to play out any other way with any sort of drama was very naive.

Flex

Post by Flex »

As far as such things go, Tom Perez doesn't seem like a bad guy. I imagine it feels sort of shitty to be considered the right/centrist candidate if I'm in his shoes. It just seems insane to me that the calculation went that the young left that supported Bernie will come into the Dem fold regardless. People my age? Sure. As much as it annoys me about myself, I'll probably usually be a reliable hold-your-nose and pull the lever for the D voter-type, but the younger half of millennials - study after study shows - have no such allegiance. I guess the assumption is that, similar to Dubya before, Trump will be so loathed by the younger half of millennials that they'll end up reliable Ds. But that's putting a lot of eggs in the basket that younger millennials will respond the same as older millennials, and the evidence isn't really there for that.

I dunno, fundraising chops aside (and I'm confident Ellison could have secured a decent fundraising apparatus in any case) it seems like a huge gamble when it would have been relatively low hanging fruit to lock up a less-than-reliable portion of the voting block (olds and center-lefts are a locked-in base, and already motivated enough by Trump to be reliable Dem activists, so appealing to them seems unnecessary even if they really make up the base of the party).

Perez is more progressive than his harshest critics give him credit for, and I do agree that it's partly the influence of the left wing that he was, essentially, considered the most right/centrist possible candidate who could realistically be viable and that he's probably to the left of the average Dems house rep. So, that's sort of interesting but again makes the whole race feel a bit unecessary.

I've seen speculation the move to recruit Perez by Obama was a way of (rightly, by this way of thinking) slapping down Bernie Sanders for his selfishness and insolence. So, there's that take, I guess.

Pex Lives!

Flex

Post by Flex »

Rat Patrol wrote:
25 Feb 2017, 7:01pm
There was some article yesterday interviewing a bunch of random DNC delegates voting in this shindig, and every single one of them said ideology doesn't matter at all in this race...organizing and fundraising experience does.
There are other interviews circulating saying that folks voted for Perez to keep the party leadership as centrist as possible, so I think it's probably a mixed bag in terms of motivation.
It was in the bag the second Obama endorsed Perez four months ago. And doubleplus in the bag when the party's #1 billionaire donor, a dyed-in-wool Zionist, warned the DNC not to elect Ellison The Feeelthy Mooslim. Anyone expecting this to play out any other way with any sort of drama was very naive.
The anti-israel/muslim-fearmongering angle that bubbled up in prominence at the 11th hour was extremely disgusting, merits of either candidate aside. Dem leadership should (but won't be) extremely embarrassed by that shit.

Pex Lives!