The Future of the Democratic Party

Politics and other such topical creams.
revbob
Unknown Immortal

Re: The Future of the Democratic Party

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Oct 2023, 7:26pm
Maybe the new season of Curb can involve mocking anti-vax nuts.
Is the show still going?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
09 Oct 2023, 7:47pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Oct 2023, 7:26pm
Maybe the new season of Curb can involve mocking anti-vax nuts.
Is the show still going?
I thought a new season was imminent. I think it's also supposed to be the last one.
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/robert-f ... 4b8d41e368
“I love my family,” Kennedy replied. “Every family has disputes. I’ve got a lot of family members who are supporting me. There’s a lot of members of my family who are working for the Biden administration and they have their own opinions about issues.”
Besides your wife and kids, name one. I flat-out don't believe any of his siblings or cousins support him. They're divided only between speaking out and not.
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Oct 2023, 8:07pm
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/robert-f ... 4b8d41e368
“I love my family,” Kennedy replied. “Every family has disputes. I’ve got a lot of family members who are supporting me. There’s a lot of members of my family who are working for the Biden administration and they have their own opinions about issues.”
Besides your wife and kids, name one. I flat-out don't believe any of his siblings or cousins support him. They're divided only between speaking out and not.
Yep, everything I've read indicates he's a huge embarrassment to the rest of the Kennedy family.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/robert-f ... 213b07da04

Again, not that I expect Kennedy to still be in the race by next year, but I do kinda look forward to seeing the MAGA brownshirts turn against him as a threat to their orange god.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Oct 2023, 10:57am

Again, not that I expect Kennedy to still be in the race by next year, but I do kinda look forward to seeing the MAGA brownshirts turn against him as a threat to their orange god.
Even if he stops his campaign, if his name ends up on some ballots it may be enough
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
18 Oct 2023, 11:31am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Oct 2023, 10:57am

Even if he stops his campaign, if his name ends up on some ballots it may be enough
“The election was rigged! How could someone not campaigning get votes?”

Flex

Post by Flex »

Beshear on a glide path to victory in Kentucky is great, great news for Dems now and probably in 2024.

Beshear, Whitmer, Pritzker, etc. Good crop of Future Dem leadership coming out of governorships. Not Newsom tho, lol.

Pex Lives!

Flex

Post by Flex »

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I think it's safe to say that Democratic voters are a lot more immune to the whole Beltway-narratives self-hypnosis than party insiders.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Flex wrote:
07 Nov 2023, 9:10pm
Beshear on a glide path to victory in Kentucky is great, great news for Dems now and probably in 2024.

Beshear, Whitmer, Pritzker, etc. Good crop of Future Dem leadership coming out of governorships. Not Newsom tho, lol.
I unabashedly love Pritzker. I know he's a billionaire and a politician, but just sitting here 20 minutes away from his state in this hellhole makes me long for a governor like him.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I wonder if there's ever been a person elected president who underperformed his party in the Congressional races. That is, we often hear about the elected president pulling in a few members of Congress thanks to their own popularity and straight-ticket voting, but has there ever been a case where down ticket candidates succeed more than the president, even tho he still wins? Maybe Clinton because of Perot's presence in both elections?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/p ... 66419/amp/

It's something to behold that so many of his family feel compelled to publicly condemn RFK Jr. Like, Kennedys are all about keeping the myth alive and all that horseshit, but they're falling over themselves to all but kick him out of the family. That's really impressive.

Flex

Post by Flex »

Since there's some news tonight, I'm offering up a comment as an Elections Guy and not as a partisan advocate or whatever:

Dems take two special elections tonight, in Pennsylvania and New York. A safe blue seat in Pennsylvania kept the Dems in control of the state house there and NY-03 is notable as George Santos' old seat. Juiced performance from Dems in both contests, it seems. Continues the strength we've seen Dems have in special and off-season elections basically post-Roe.

Biggest thing here as it relates to national politics is just a reminder that national polling is still pretty useless for a presidential race this far out and any prognosticating should be looking more at issues directionally and at little tidbits like these special elections. Biden has serious vulnerabilities, but given how these off-cycle elections have been going and the trendlines in both the economy and - more importantly - American views of the economy (A majority now no longer believe we're in a recession), I'd rather be Biden than Trump at this moment in time.*

*I'll let the end of this sentence hang there, conjuring up a sense of dread and debasement.

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
13 Feb 2024, 11:28pm
I'd rather be Biden than Trump at this moment in time.*
Either way, I wouldn't dare to predict whether you know the Dodgers are no longer in Brooklyn.