I don't understand...

Politics and other such topical creams.
BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

I don't understand...

Post by BostonBeaneater »

...how the guy with all the extra neck skin is leading.

http://www.electoral-vote.com/

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Re: I don't understand...

Post by Wolter »

The Average American Voter wrote:The admittedly horrible status quo > a darkie in charge
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

BostonBeaneater

I'm a bigot. I don't like any race, least of all my own. I'll still give the black chappy my vote.

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

But you're Egalitarian in your bigotry. Some people have narrow focus in their hatreds and fears.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

BostonBeaneater

Wolter wrote:But you're Egalitarian in your bigotry. Some people have narrow focus in their hatreds and fears.
Well, I read.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Part convention bump, part Palinmania from the speaking-in-tongues wing of the party. You should expect that Obama will be in the lead again by this time next week as the bump recedes, Palin continues to speak, and a focus on the economy (and McCain's, uh, inconsistencies re. the bank collapses—the economy is fundamentally sound, no it's a crisis; regulation is bad, except there needs to be more govt oversight—take root). While I don't buy into organized conspiracies to fix elections this big, I find it curious that Fox News is joining in on the "McCain is a liar" narrative. Maybe Murdoch and Ailes have told their staff to be more diligent because they prefer Obama (Murdoch apparently is smitten) or they expect Obama to win and don't want to be shut out for the next four years, but seeing Fox News cover challenge GOP operatives and cover election fraud tactics perpetrated by the GOP in Michigan … well, it seems like something's in the air.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
Wolter wrote:But you're Egalitarian in your bigotry. Some people have narrow focus in their hatreds and fears.
Well, I read.
Yeah. I find racism is so limited in its scope of effective hate. It excludes all the little ways that you can hate people on a personal level.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Wolter wrote:Yeah. I find racism is so limited in its scope of effective hate. It excludes all the little ways that you can hate people on a personal level.
For example: I hate Wolter because he smells. I wouldn't have been able to appreciate that unless I read Tolstoy.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

Flex wrote:
Wolter wrote:Yeah. I find racism is so limited in its scope of effective hate. It excludes all the little ways that you can hate people on a personal level.
For example: I hate Wolter because he smells. I wouldn't have been able to appreciate that unless I read Tolstoy.
And I hate Flex because he has an "x" in the fourth letter position of his name.

Flex

Post by Flex »

Wolter wrote:
Flex wrote:
And I hate Flex because he has an "x" in the fourth letter position of his name.
But the X makes it cool!

Pex Lives!

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

Flex wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Flex wrote:
But the X makes it cool!
And that's why I hate it.

Flex

Post by Flex »

Back on topic, I agree with the worm that the lead is going to turn back to Obama by this time next week. Obama is (back?) on the offensive and the Palin choice is going to go from energizer to stumbling block.

That McCain is such a lying sack of crap won't help any, either.

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:
Flex wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Flex wrote:
But the X makes it cool!
And that's why I hate it.
I like it better than his other attempt at trendiness—Fleultimate.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft