Baltimore's Burning

Politics and other such topical creams.
JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Re: Baltimore's Burning

Post by JennyB »

I got into a big FB argument with my brother in law (VH's sister's husband). He's the same guy who keeps his dog in a crate practically 24-7 and thinks people need to wait on him hand and foot. I posted something about the hypocrisy of people complaining about these riots when they don't say a word when people rioted over, say, Joe Paterno's firing. He had the unmitigated gall to say this has nothing to do with race and that since he has a black friend, he can't be racist. He actually said this. I'm not making this shit up. He actually said this. For real.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

JennyB wrote:I got into a big FB argument with my brother in law (VH's sister's husband). He's the same guy who keeps his dog in a crate practically 24-7 and thinks people need to wait on him hand and foot. I posted something about the hypocrisy of people complaining about these riots when they don't say a word when people rioted over, say, Joe Paterno's firing. He had the unmitigated gall to say this has nothing to do with race and that since he has a black friend, he can't be racist. He actually said this. I'm not making this shit up. He actually said this. For real.
Just punch him in the face really hard.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:I got into a big FB argument with my brother in law (VH's sister's husband). He's the same guy who keeps his dog in a crate practically 24-7 and thinks people need to wait on him hand and foot. I posted something about the hypocrisy of people complaining about these riots when they don't say a word when people rioted over, say, Joe Paterno's firing. He had the unmitigated gall to say this has nothing to do with race and that since he has a black friend, he can't be racist. He actually said this. I'm not making this shit up. He actually said this. For real.
The same capacity to adapt that allowed humans to thrive in diverse environments has also allowed them to house all kinds of irrationalities and contradictions without collapsing in a poof of cranial smoke. And that's why we have so many awful human beings in our midst.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Well, we'll still have to see what a jury eventually does, but better than expected: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/05/0 ... 88946.html
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

Dr. Medulla wrote:Well, we'll still have to see what a jury eventually does, but better than expected: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/05/0 ... 88946.html
Yeah, I don't know about that: http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2015 ... /26704265/ .

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem. :shifty:

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Rat Patrol wrote:

It's like a cool Twilight Zone twist ending—we thought that non-white citizens were the victims of police abuse, but it turns out the cops were the victims all along! Really neat.

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Rat Patrol wrote:

It's like a cool Twilight Zone twist ending—we thought that non-white citizens were the victims of police abuse, but it turns out the cops were the victims all along! Really neat.
One of the best things about cutting my landline was no longer getting weekly dinnertime fundraising calls from the national Fraternal Order of Police asking for my help supporting cops in need, because it's such a dangerous job it's not even close to being a dangerous job. Usually a call from some tough-sounding retired Officer Steve type who "tawks like dis" and volunteers in his spare time to call on behalf of his brudders in blue...because they helped him so much when he had to retire on disability.

Yeah...except for the investigations and lawsuits from states attorneys general into the F.O.P.'s contracts with the call center in Peoria that hires random people off the street to give a compelling Officer Steve accent and then pockets 80% of the proceeds in administrative costs. I remember asking Officer Steve one Sunday night when he interrupted my dinner if he could comment on the investigation, since clearly the Boston chapter must be aware that their state's own Attorney General was part of the lawsuit. Officer Steve got rather uppity at me for impugning his brudders like that. But he never called again.

My mom keeps bitching about these guys calling her during dinner. I keep telling her to ask where the money's going and mention "I heard something on the news about you guys", but she says she feels guilty telling Officer Phil (who sounds exactly like Officer Steve) that she doesn't trust him.

#IGotMine

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryla ... story.html

"Typo"...riiiiight. The actual officers' addresses were withheld...but not Lunch Lady Doris who HEY, RIOTERS, LIVES AT. . .

#MyLifeNotYours

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Rat Patrol wrote:http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryla ... story.html

"Typo"...riiiiight. The actual officers' addresses were withheld...but not Lunch Lady Doris who HEY, RIOTERS, LIVES AT. . .

#MyLifeNotYours
By the way, what's gonna happen when the three black cops get convicted and the white ones don't? I will bet fucking money thats how it goes down.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak