The 2015 UK Election Thread

Politics and other such topical creams.
Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

The 2015 UK Election Thread

Post by Silent Majority » 26 Mar 2015, 8:18pm

I've got a lot of sympathy for Labour voters desperately trying to convince themselves that there's anything even slightly inspiring or worthwhile around their man Miliband. I'm going to vote this year because I want to use the only avenue open to me to tell the Conservatives/Liberal Democrats to go fuck themselves, the shameless rich bastards/craven sycophants. So, like Boston in March, it's going to be a Green time in the Majority household. The Greens. Useless unelectable idiot hippies.

Democracy :!:
'But also: hey dude, you can just go looking for more glasses. They're all free now. '

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen

Re: The 2015 UK Election Thread

Post by Wolter » 26 Mar 2015, 8:50pm

Hooray for meaningful participation in our own downfall!
"There's something more honest, he believed, about traditional methods of mass starvation, labour camps, and machine gunning millions to death. Stalin was a vinyl guy who sneered at Truman converting everything to compact disc." - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla » 26 Mar 2015, 8:58pm

Back when I voted, I voted Green because they were the closest party to my own sympathies. Which is to say, they were the only ones who didn't define society in exclusively economic/capitalist terms, but rather human relationship to the biosphere. They were nowhere perfect in this, but just the fact that they broke from the economic-growth-is-everything paradigm put them well ahead of the others.

Meanwhile, vote Zombie Thatcher because why not the worst monster imaginable?
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

eumaas
Klezmer Shogun

Post by eumaas » 28 Mar 2015, 11:09am

Dr. Medulla wrote:Meanwhile, vote Zombie Thatcher because why not the worst monster imaginable?
"The only thing that really occurs to me that I can say on this is to point out how fascinating it is that the Hassan-i-Sabbah archetype keeps turning up over and over again ... He disappears up into the mountains and is never seen again. Believe me, he'll never be seen again. He'll live forever because of that."

eumaas
Klezmer Shogun

Post by eumaas » 28 Mar 2015, 11:13am

It's reassuring how Britain and America have converged on the most milquetoast political arrangement possible. A sign of the deep affinity between our two polities.
"The only thing that really occurs to me that I can say on this is to point out how fascinating it is that the Hassan-i-Sabbah archetype keeps turning up over and over again ... He disappears up into the mountains and is never seen again. Believe me, he'll never be seen again. He'll live forever because of that."