The Roy Moore Thread

Politics and other such topical creams.
Wolter
User avatar
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen
Posts: 50405
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:59pm
Location: ¡HOLIDAY RO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-OAD!
Contact:

Re: The Roy Moore Thread

Post by Wolter » 07 Dec 2017, 8:39pm

I think a lot of times, the split is more rural/urban and even that isn’t a fair comparison. First past the post means 50.1% beats 49.9% and proportional representation be damned.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

WestwayKid
User avatar
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 1227
Joined: 20 Sep 2017, 8:22am
Location: Mill-e-wah-que

Re: The Roy Moore Thread

Post by WestwayKid » 07 Dec 2017, 8:47pm

Wolter wrote:
07 Dec 2017, 8:39pm
I think a lot of times, the split is more rural/urban and even that isn’t a fair comparison. First past the post means 50.1% beats 49.9% and proportional representation be damned.
Yup. Even in Wisconsin. Crazy how one state can be split so much. You have the blue strongholds of Milwaukee and Madison and then you have the red suburbs that are red due to economics...but you also have red counties that are very rural...but then counties that are rural and very blue. The northwest corner of the state has always been very blue.

Bottom line is that Roy Moore needs to go down. I hope the people of Alabama will make the right choice.

I’ve spent a lot of time in Atlanta for work and a more cosmopolitan town you won’t find in America. It is an easy trap to demonize the South, but ultimately not the right way to go. We have to move forward as a nation.

oliver
Junco Partner
Posts: 312
Joined: 27 Jun 2008, 11:55am

Re: The Roy Moore Thread

Post by oliver » 07 Dec 2017, 8:52pm

WestwayKid wrote:
07 Dec 2017, 7:48pm
If you’ve never been to the Deep South - consider yourself lucky. Beautiful part of the country - but seriously messed up when it comes to people and the way they thing...
"I understand there are a good many Southerners in the room tonight. I know the South very well. I spent 20 years there one night"
Dick Gregory
Putting a little stick about. Putting the frighteners on flash little twerps

WestwayKid
User avatar
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 1227
Joined: 20 Sep 2017, 8:22am
Location: Mill-e-wah-que

Re: The Roy Moore Thread

Post by WestwayKid » 07 Dec 2017, 9:05pm

oliver wrote:
07 Dec 2017, 8:52pm
WestwayKid wrote:
07 Dec 2017, 7:48pm
If you’ve never been to the Deep South - consider yourself lucky. Beautiful part of the country - but seriously messed up when it comes to people and the way they thing...
"I understand there are a good many Southerners in the room tonight. I know the South very well. I spent 20 years there one night"
Dick Gregory
To be fair, there are a lot of good Southerners. We let the vocal white evangelicals paint a big picture in the North. This country is so weird. We’ll get it right...eventually.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 76434
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: The Roy Moore Thread

Post by Dr. Medulla » 07 Dec 2017, 9:47pm

Indeed, make America great again. Like before Lincoln caused all those problems.
https://splinternews.com/roy-moore-actu ... 1821104436
Endut! Hoch Hech!

WestwayKid
User avatar
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 1227
Joined: 20 Sep 2017, 8:22am
Location: Mill-e-wah-que

Re: The Roy Moore Thread

Post by WestwayKid » 07 Dec 2017, 10:16pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Dec 2017, 9:47pm
Indeed, make America great again. Like before Lincoln caused all those problems.
https://splinternews.com/roy-moore-actu ... 1821104436
Wow...

oliver
Junco Partner
Posts: 312
Joined: 27 Jun 2008, 11:55am

Re: The Roy Moore Thread

Post by oliver » 08 Dec 2017, 9:26am

WestwayKid wrote:
07 Dec 2017, 9:05pm
oliver wrote:
07 Dec 2017, 8:52pm
WestwayKid wrote:
07 Dec 2017, 7:48pm
If you’ve never been to the Deep South - consider yourself lucky. Beautiful part of the country - but seriously messed up when it comes to people and the way they thing...
"I understand there are a good many Southerners in the room tonight. I know the South very well. I spent 20 years there one night"
Dick Gregory
To be fair, there are a lot of good Southerners. We let the vocal white evangelicals paint a big picture in the North. This country is so weird. We’ll get it right...eventually.
I got relocated to a job in Atlanta and, knowing nothing about the area, moved to a rural-ish area well outside of 285. It is a small minority of bigots but they're incredibly vocal and open about it.
Putting a little stick about. Putting the frighteners on flash little twerps

JennyB
User avatar
Clash Cuck
Posts: 16696
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 1:13pm
Location: Moranjortsville

Re: The Roy Moore Thread

Post by JennyB » 08 Dec 2017, 11:06am

Silent Majority wrote:
07 Dec 2017, 5:55pm
Franken should resign entirely based on his own case.
Exactly. And I am getting super tired of my friends who are defending him. Just because he's one of "ours" doesn't mean he should be excused for this behavior.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

Don't talk shop.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 76434
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: The Roy Moore Thread

Post by Dr. Medulla » 08 Dec 2017, 11:20am

JennyB wrote:
08 Dec 2017, 11:06am
Silent Majority wrote:
07 Dec 2017, 5:55pm
Franken should resign entirely based on his own case.
Exactly. And I am getting super tired of my friends who are defending him. Just because he's one of "ours" doesn't mean he should be excused for this behavior.
A perfect example when considering why such abuse continues—it ends up far less about the crime than the perpetrator and victim. If the perpetrator is powerful or an ally, and the victim weak, an enemy, or "irrelevant," it gets explained away or ignored. That's not acting out of principle; it's acting out of self-interest. That isn't to say it's easy to speak against a friend or an ally or someone who can help you, but acting on principle is supposed to be tough.
Endut! Hoch Hech!

WestwayKid
User avatar
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 1227
Joined: 20 Sep 2017, 8:22am
Location: Mill-e-wah-que

Re: The Roy Moore Thread

Post by WestwayKid » 08 Dec 2017, 12:18pm

JennyB wrote:
08 Dec 2017, 11:06am
Silent Majority wrote:
07 Dec 2017, 5:55pm
Franken should resign entirely based on his own case.
Exactly. And I am getting super tired of my friends who are defending him. Just because he's one of "ours" doesn't mean he should be excused for this behavior.
I agree 100%. Like I said - I hate losing him. He was one of "our" best when it came to opposing the insanity of the other side - but he screwed up. It can't be excused because he's one of our guys. That doesn't make it right in any way, shape, or form. Trent Franks shows that the other side is going to lose people, too...but again - Paul Ryan is on his high horse condemning Franks (...and sadly...Paul Ryan is MY congressman...), but he has been silent on both Moore and Trump.

Wolter
User avatar
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen
Posts: 50405
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:59pm
Location: ¡HOLIDAY RO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-OAD!
Contact:

Re: The Roy Moore Thread

Post by Wolter » 08 Dec 2017, 12:36pm

I can’t even go on Facebook without seeing people that should know better defending Franken.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 25998
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!
Contact:

Re: The Roy Moore Thread

Post by Flex » 11 Dec 2017, 2:38pm

I'm ready to be utterly demoralized tomorrow, but could it be that we're beginning to emerge from hell world?
Democrat Doug Jones holds a 10-point lead over Republican Roy Moore among likely voters in deep red Alabama.

Greater party loyalty plus higher interest in the election among Democrats combined with more enthusiasm among Jones supporters gives him the advantage in the race to fill the U.S. Senate seat previously held by U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions.

That’s according to a Fox News Poll of Alabama voters conducted Thursday through Sunday using traditional polling techniques, including a list-based probability sample with both landlines and cellphones.

Jones receives 50 percent to Moore’s 40 percent, with 1-in-10 undecided (8 percent) or supporting another candidate (2 percent) -- which could make a difference Tuesday. That’s even truer with such an unconventional election with unconventional candidates.
Source: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/12 ... abama.html
"I live inside my own heart, Matt Damon." - Prince

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 76434
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: The Roy Moore Thread

Post by Dr. Medulla » 11 Dec 2017, 3:06pm

If Republican voters are influenced at all by their party, I'm hoping Richard Shelby saying that he couldn't vote for Moore and so he did a write in for some other Republican carries some weight.
Endut! Hoch Hech!

WestwayKid
User avatar
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 1227
Joined: 20 Sep 2017, 8:22am
Location: Mill-e-wah-que

Re: The Roy Moore Thread

Post by WestwayKid » 11 Dec 2017, 3:20pm

Flex wrote:
11 Dec 2017, 2:38pm
I'm ready to be utterly demoralized tomorrow, but could it be that we're beginning to emerge from hell world?
Democrat Doug Jones holds a 10-point lead over Republican Roy Moore among likely voters in deep red Alabama.

Greater party loyalty plus higher interest in the election among Democrats combined with more enthusiasm among Jones supporters gives him the advantage in the race to fill the U.S. Senate seat previously held by U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions.

That’s according to a Fox News Poll of Alabama voters conducted Thursday through Sunday using traditional polling techniques, including a list-based probability sample with both landlines and cellphones.

Jones receives 50 percent to Moore’s 40 percent, with 1-in-10 undecided (8 percent) or supporting another candidate (2 percent) -- which could make a difference Tuesday. That’s even truer with such an unconventional election with unconventional candidates.
Source: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/12 ... abama.html
http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/11/politics/ ... index.html

Maybe??

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 76434
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: The Roy Moore Thread

Post by Dr. Medulla » 11 Dec 2017, 3:32pm

From that CNN article:
Democrats can't lose
Image
Endut! Hoch Hech!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests