Thread of Dreams

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Post Reply
Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71093
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Thread of Dreams

Post by Dr. Medulla » 21 Jan 2016, 3:50pm

Flex wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:Not a dream, more of a waking obsessive dread, but for years now I have this recurrent sensation that a bomb is going to go off nearby and will shake the building I'm in. My house won't explode, but the windows will be blown out and furniture will be thrown around. I mention it because the belief has been (irrationally) stronger the last couple days.
You'll be able to stop worrying once Trump becomes president and annexes Canada.
At least my death will be classy.
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

JennyB
User avatar
Clash Cuck
Posts: 15369
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 1:13pm
Location: Moranjortsville

Re: Thread of Dreams

Post by JennyB » 21 Jan 2016, 4:31pm

Rat Patrol wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:Not a dream, more of a waking obsessive dread, but for years now I have this recurrent sensation that a bomb is going to go off nearby and will shake the building I'm in. My house won't explode, but the windows will be blown out and furniture will be thrown around. I mention it because the belief has been (irrationally) stronger the last couple days.
Do you have a lot of suburban vermin turkeys in your neighborhood?

Anti Semitic turkeys.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

Don't talk shop.

JennyB
User avatar
Clash Cuck
Posts: 15369
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 1:13pm
Location: Moranjortsville

Re: Thread of Dreams

Post by JennyB » 21 Jan 2016, 4:33pm

River wrote:I've been have a dream that will occur for a few days in a row, then stop for weeks only to come back. Its just been me simply bitting down on my teeth too hard and all my teeth shattering in my mouth. Its one of those odd dreams where I wake up suddenly to make sure I still have teeth.
That's a very common anxiety dream. I get similar ones where my teeth are loose. But not as often as the 'ol showing up to a high school final exam without attending the class, or not being able to find my locker.

Why don't I ever have dreams about that hot Danish guy I hooked up with when I was in my early 20's?
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

Don't talk shop.

Kory
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 7357
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 1:42pm
Location: In the Discosphere

Re: Thread of Dreams

Post by Kory » 21 Jan 2016, 4:40pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Flex wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:Not a dream, more of a waking obsessive dread, but for years now I have this recurrent sensation that a bomb is going to go off nearby and will shake the building I'm in. My house won't explode, but the windows will be blown out and furniture will be thrown around. I mention it because the belief has been (irrationally) stronger the last couple days.
You'll be able to stop worrying once Trump becomes president and annexes Canada.
At least my death will be classy.
I have a similar dread regarding the Seattle fault earthquake that many say is forthcoming. I spend most of my time thinking about it.
Inder:
Absolutely. Here's another collection of words:

Table salt (spoon hinge)
Octopus (Ukraine)
St. Petersburg (arms)
Ginger beer (cauliflower)
Pat Sajak (PSak)
Lamp post (self evident)
Florida Timeshare (ditto)
Heraclitus (EMI)
Developers (Developers Developers)
Boogie With Your Children

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71093
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Thread of Dreams

Post by Dr. Medulla » 21 Jan 2016, 4:56pm

Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Flex wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:Not a dream, more of a waking obsessive dread, but for years now I have this recurrent sensation that a bomb is going to go off nearby and will shake the building I'm in. My house won't explode, but the windows will be blown out and furniture will be thrown around. I mention it because the belief has been (irrationally) stronger the last couple days.
You'll be able to stop worrying once Trump becomes president and annexes Canada.
At least my death will be classy.
I have a similar dread regarding the Seattle fault earthquake that many say is forthcoming. I spend most of my time thinking about it.
Your anxiety at least as a modicum of plausibility and sensibility.
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

River
Junco Partner
Posts: 418
Joined: 19 May 2011, 4:23pm

Re: Thread of Dreams

Post by River » 21 Jan 2016, 4:58pm

JennyB wrote:
River wrote:I've been have a dream that will occur for a few days in a row, then stop for weeks only to come back. Its just been me simply bitting down on my teeth too hard and all my teeth shattering in my mouth. Its one of those odd dreams where I wake up suddenly to make sure I still have teeth.
That's a very common anxiety dream. I get similar ones where my teeth are loose. But not as often as the 'ol showing up to a high school final exam without attending the class, or not being able to find my locker.

Why don't I ever have dreams about that hot Danish guy I hooked up with when I was in my early 20's?
Thats interesting, I didn't know it was from anxiety. I've never had the high school dream actually. Of course, I say that and I'll have it tonight.

I remember when my great aunt died, I would have some awful dreams about being at her house and her having heart attacks or strokes. Really vivid too.

Rat Patrol
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 14573
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 9:23pm
Location: A flat burning junkheap for twenty square miles

Re: Thread of Dreams

Post by Rat Patrol » 21 Jan 2016, 5:22pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Flex wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:Not a dream, more of a waking obsessive dread, but for years now I have this recurrent sensation that a bomb is going to go off nearby and will shake the building I'm in. My house won't explode, but the windows will be blown out and furniture will be thrown around. I mention it because the belief has been (irrationally) stronger the last couple days.
You'll be able to stop worrying once Trump becomes president and annexes Canada.
At least my death will be classy.
I have a similar dread regarding the Seattle fault earthquake that many say is forthcoming. I spend most of my time thinking about it.
Your anxiety at least as a modicum of plausibility and sensibility.
Don't sell yourself short. A Thanksgiving butterball crashing through your window at 10 MPH then pecking your eyes out while it ransacks the living room has as par an odd of happening as sticking your hand in your new snowblower while it's still running. Probability suggests that if you sit in your barcalounger long enough waiting for the stitches to heal on the hand the surgeons reattached, that the turkey will inevitably come busting through right in front of you.

See, it's all so sensible when you think about it! :mrgreen:
Image

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71093
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Thread of Dreams

Post by Dr. Medulla » 21 Jan 2016, 5:34pm

Rat Patrol wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Flex wrote:
You'll be able to stop worrying once Trump becomes president and annexes Canada.
At least my death will be classy.
I have a similar dread regarding the Seattle fault earthquake that many say is forthcoming. I spend most of my time thinking about it.
Your anxiety at least as a modicum of plausibility and sensibility.
Don't sell yourself short. A Thanksgiving butterball crashing through your window at 10 MPH then pecking your eyes out while it ransacks the living room has as par an odd of happening as sticking your hand in your new snowblower while it's still running. Probability suggests that if you sit in your barcalounger long enough waiting for the stitches to heal on the hand the surgeons reattached, that the turkey will inevitably come busting through right in front of you.

See, it's all so sensible when you think about it! :mrgreen:
So, drinking makes a lot of sense right now.
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

Kory
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 7357
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 1:42pm
Location: In the Discosphere

Re: Thread of Dreams

Post by Kory » 21 Jan 2016, 5:37pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Rat Patrol wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
At least my death will be classy.
I have a similar dread regarding the Seattle fault earthquake that many say is forthcoming. I spend most of my time thinking about it.
Your anxiety at least as a modicum of plausibility and sensibility.
Don't sell yourself short. A Thanksgiving butterball crashing through your window at 10 MPH then pecking your eyes out while it ransacks the living room has as par an odd of happening as sticking your hand in your new snowblower while it's still running. Probability suggests that if you sit in your barcalounger long enough waiting for the stitches to heal on the hand the surgeons reattached, that the turkey will inevitably come busting through right in front of you.

See, it's all so sensible when you think about it! :mrgreen:
So, drinking makes a lot of sense right now.
I find that it very rarely does not.
Inder:
Absolutely. Here's another collection of words:

Table salt (spoon hinge)
Octopus (Ukraine)
St. Petersburg (arms)
Ginger beer (cauliflower)
Pat Sajak (PSak)
Lamp post (self evident)
Florida Timeshare (ditto)
Heraclitus (EMI)
Developers (Developers Developers)
Boogie With Your Children

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 14798
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: Thread of Dreams

Post by 101Walterton » 21 Jan 2016, 6:30pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:Not a dream, more of a waking obsessive dread, but for years now I have this recurrent sensation that a bomb is going to go off nearby and will shake the building I'm in. My house won't explode, but the windows will be blown out and furniture will be thrown around. I mention it because the belief has been (irrationally) stronger the last couple days.
Just like living in London through the 1980's.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71093
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Thread of Dreams

Post by Dr. Medulla » 21 Jan 2016, 6:41pm

101Walterton wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:Not a dream, more of a waking obsessive dread, but for years now I have this recurrent sensation that a bomb is going to go off nearby and will shake the building I'm in. My house won't explode, but the windows will be blown out and furniture will be thrown around. I mention it because the belief has been (irrationally) stronger the last couple days.
Just like living in London through the 1980's.
That's the thing. There are people who live with this legitimate anxiety. I live in one of the safest cities in the world. Makes no damned sense.
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 14798
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: Thread of Dreams

Post by 101Walterton » 21 Jan 2016, 7:05pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:Not a dream, more of a waking obsessive dread, but for years now I have this recurrent sensation that a bomb is going to go off nearby and will shake the building I'm in. My house won't explode, but the windows will be blown out and furniture will be thrown around. I mention it because the belief has been (irrationally) stronger the last couple days.
Just like living in London through the 1980's.
That's the thing. There are people who live with this legitimate anxiety. I live in one of the safest cities in the world. Makes no damned sense.
It is an interesting subject but when you live through it it seems far less dangerous than looking in from the outside. Just about everyone I knew in London had a close encounter with a bomb, my wife was next door to the Israeli Embassy bomb in Kensington and I was close enough to it to hear it and I was in the Sussex Arms earlier in the night when that was hit in 1992.

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 35350
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Thread of Dreams

Post by Marky Dread » 21 Jan 2016, 7:11pm

I'm having a dream right now that Heston didn't post a nightmare Eagles Top 5 thread.
Image
Image

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 14798
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: Thread of Dreams

Post by 101Walterton » 21 Jan 2016, 7:13pm

Marky Dread wrote:I'm having a dream right now that Heston didn't post a nightmare Eagles Top 5 thread.
That was a bombshell!!!

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71093
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Thread of Dreams

Post by Dr. Medulla » 21 Jan 2016, 7:21pm

101Walterton wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:Not a dream, more of a waking obsessive dread, but for years now I have this recurrent sensation that a bomb is going to go off nearby and will shake the building I'm in. My house won't explode, but the windows will be blown out and furniture will be thrown around. I mention it because the belief has been (irrationally) stronger the last couple days.
Just like living in London through the 1980's.
That's the thing. There are people who live with this legitimate anxiety. I live in one of the safest cities in the world. Makes no damned sense.
It is an interesting subject but when you live through it it seems far less dangerous than looking in from the outside. Just about everyone I knew in London had a close encounter with a bomb, my wife was next door to the Israeli Embassy bomb in Kensington and I was close enough to it to hear it and I was in the Sussex Arms earlier in the night when that was hit in 1992.
Which is, I guess, a survival mechanism—human beings' ability to just adapt to circumstance, to normalize what is fucked up. Good in many respects, but tolerating the awful in others.
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests