Thread of Dreams

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71196
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Thread of Dreams

Post by Dr. Medulla » 14 Jul 2016, 5:33pm

Kory wrote:I had a Planet of the Apes themed dream the other night. Strange braindump since I don't think I had seen or talked about that movie in quite a while. I lived in the side of a cliff in these hollowed-out rooms. Pleasant enough, except for the apes.
I would have loved to have that dream as a kid. *le sigh*
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

Kory
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 7408
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 1:42pm
Location: In the Discosphere

Re: Thread of Dreams

Post by Kory » 14 Jul 2016, 5:39pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:I had a Planet of the Apes themed dream the other night. Strange braindump since I don't think I had seen or talked about that movie in quite a while. I lived in the side of a cliff in these hollowed-out rooms. Pleasant enough, except for the apes.
I would have loved to have that dream as a kid. *le sigh*
If you practice lucid dreaming, you can make yourself dream that you're a kid having that dream!
Inder:
Absolutely. Here's another collection of words:

Table salt (spoon hinge)
Octopus (Ukraine)
St. Petersburg (arms)
Ginger beer (cauliflower)
Pat Sajak (PSak)
Lamp post (self evident)
Florida Timeshare (ditto)
Heraclitus (EMI)
Developers (Developers Developers)
Boogie With Your Children

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71196
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Thread of Dreams

Post by Dr. Medulla » 14 Jul 2016, 6:25pm

Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:I had a Planet of the Apes themed dream the other night. Strange braindump since I don't think I had seen or talked about that movie in quite a while. I lived in the side of a cliff in these hollowed-out rooms. Pleasant enough, except for the apes.
I would have loved to have that dream as a kid. *le sigh*
If you practice lucid dreaming, you can make yourself dream that you're a kid having that dream!
I'll be damned if I work at something while I'm trying to sleep. Surely there's a pharmaceutical that offers a shortcut.
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

Kory
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 7408
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 1:42pm
Location: In the Discosphere

Re: Thread of Dreams

Post by Kory » 14 Jul 2016, 6:28pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:I had a Planet of the Apes themed dream the other night. Strange braindump since I don't think I had seen or talked about that movie in quite a while. I lived in the side of a cliff in these hollowed-out rooms. Pleasant enough, except for the apes.
I would have loved to have that dream as a kid. *le sigh*
If you practice lucid dreaming, you can make yourself dream that you're a kid having that dream!
I'll be damned if I work at something while I'm trying to sleep. Surely there's a pharmaceutical that offers a shortcut.
Ask Syd Barrett.
Inder:
Absolutely. Here's another collection of words:

Table salt (spoon hinge)
Octopus (Ukraine)
St. Petersburg (arms)
Ginger beer (cauliflower)
Pat Sajak (PSak)
Lamp post (self evident)
Florida Timeshare (ditto)
Heraclitus (EMI)
Developers (Developers Developers)
Boogie With Your Children

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71196
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Thread of Dreams

Post by Dr. Medulla » 14 Jul 2016, 6:33pm

Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:I had a Planet of the Apes themed dream the other night. Strange braindump since I don't think I had seen or talked about that movie in quite a while. I lived in the side of a cliff in these hollowed-out rooms. Pleasant enough, except for the apes.
I would have loved to have that dream as a kid. *le sigh*
If you practice lucid dreaming, you can make yourself dream that you're a kid having that dream!
I'll be damned if I work at something while I'm trying to sleep. Surely there's a pharmaceutical that offers a shortcut.
Ask Syd Barrett.
Just happen to have my ouija board handy …
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

Silent Majority
User avatar
Singer-Songwriter Nancy
Posts: 12603
Joined: 10 Nov 2008, 8:28pm
Location: A republic of mind
Contact:

Re: Thread of Dreams

Post by Silent Majority » 15 Jul 2016, 1:38am

Kory wrote:Pleasant enough, except for the apes.
That was the opening of Charlton Heston's two star trip advisor review.
'But also: hey dude, you can just go looking for more glasses. They're all free now. '

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

JennyB
User avatar
Clash Cuck
Posts: 15393
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 1:13pm
Location: Moranjortsville

Re: Thread of Dreams

Post by JennyB » 15 Jul 2016, 11:49am

Kory wrote:I had a Planet of the Apes themed dream the other night. Strange braindump since I don't think I had seen or talked about that movie in quite a while. I lived in the side of a cliff in these hollowed-out rooms. Pleasant enough, except for the apes.
The damn, dirty apes.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

Don't talk shop.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71196
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Thread of Dreams

Post by Dr. Medulla » 23 Jul 2016, 8:29am

So I dreamt that I was on a beach, looking across some great body of water at a city. From left to right, huge explosions erupted, obviously razing everything on the horizon. I thought it was San Francisco, then Chicago, but then went to the tv and found out it was Jerusalem. The last part of my dream was thinking, "Fuck."
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

Rat Patrol
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 14582
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 9:23pm
Location: A flat burning junkheap for twenty square miles

Re: Thread of Dreams

Post by Rat Patrol » 23 Jul 2016, 12:25pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:So I dreamt that I was on a beach, looking across some great body of water at a city. From left to right, huge explosions erupted, obviously razing everything on the horizon. I thought it was San Francisco, then Chicago, but then went to the tv and found out it was Jerusalem. The last part of my dream was thinking, "Fuck."
True story:

I watched Sweet Home Massholia do that from the window of my own apartment bedroom about 17 years ago. Only it wasn't a dream, it was the hidden acid that was laced in the pot brownies taking full effect. We were listening to one of my Clash dub compilations when it hit.


Why, yes, "Stop the World" was playing when the downtown skyline started going up in an inferno. :twitch:
Image

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71196
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Thread of Dreams

Post by Dr. Medulla » 31 Jul 2016, 6:31am

Not so much a weird dream than one of those where you wake with a start. I was a passenger on a Greyhound, driving in winter through some kind of gorge. The bus got stuck, so all the passengers started taking loads of snow down further. At some point, the environment turned into someone's house and one guy casually disappeared down the basement steps with a load of snow on his shoulder and all I could hear was his scream as he slipped and went down, ending with a thud. I woke up immediately, knowing the guy had snapped his neck.
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

JennyB
User avatar
Clash Cuck
Posts: 15393
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 1:13pm
Location: Moranjortsville

Re: Thread of Dreams

Post by JennyB » 01 Aug 2016, 10:39am

Dr. Medulla wrote:Not so much a weird dream than one of those where you wake with a start. I was a passenger on a Greyhound, driving in winter through some kind of gorge. The bus got stuck, so all the passengers started taking loads of snow down further. At some point, the environment turned into someone's house and one guy casually disappeared down the basement steps with a load of snow on his shoulder and all I could hear was his scream as he slipped and went down, ending with a thud. I woke up immediately, knowing the guy had snapped his neck.
Poor guy. Is he ok? :shifty:
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

Don't talk shop.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71196
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Thread of Dreams

Post by Dr. Medulla » 17 Sep 2016, 9:11am

Dreamt that I found a cat whose fur was like green velvet. A completely green kitty. I loved him and even our other cats loved him, but B said we couldn't keep him because he was male, and male cats get urinary tract problems.
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

Rat Patrol
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 14582
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 9:23pm
Location: A flat burning junkheap for twenty square miles

Re: Thread of Dreams

Post by Rat Patrol » 17 Sep 2016, 9:40am

Dr. Medulla wrote:Dreamt that I found a cat whose fur was like green velvet. A completely green kitty. I loved him and even our other cats loved him, but B said we couldn't keep him because he was male, and male cats get urinary tract problems.
My cat must've just attacked your Martian Velvet-Elvis cat, because a couple mins ago she flipped over my desk inbox/unilaterally-commandeered-bed by slashing something to death mid-air during intense sleep.

I spilled my coffee. She went back to sleep in about 45 seconds. :hmph:
Image

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71196
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Thread of Dreams

Post by Dr. Medulla » 17 Sep 2016, 10:43am

Rat Patrol wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:Dreamt that I found a cat whose fur was like green velvet. A completely green kitty. I loved him and even our other cats loved him, but B said we couldn't keep him because he was male, and male cats get urinary tract problems.
My cat must've just attacked your Martian Velvet-Elvis cat, because a couple mins ago she flipped over my desk inbox/unilaterally-commandeered-bed by slashing something to death mid-air during intense sleep.

I spilled my coffee. She went back to sleep in about 45 seconds. :hmph:
Cats are supernatural beings because there's no rational explanation for us putting up with their shit.
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

JennyB
User avatar
Clash Cuck
Posts: 15393
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 1:13pm
Location: Moranjortsville

Re: Thread of Dreams

Post by JennyB » 19 Sep 2016, 9:51am

Dr. Medulla wrote:Dreamt that I found a cat whose fur was like green velvet. A completely green kitty. I loved him and even our other cats loved him, but B said we couldn't keep him because he was male, and male cats get urinary tract problems.
MISANDRY!!!!
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

Don't talk shop.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests