Thread of Dreams

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Thread of Dreams

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:I had a Planet of the Apes themed dream the other night. Strange braindump since I don't think I had seen or talked about that movie in quite a while. I lived in the side of a cliff in these hollowed-out rooms. Pleasant enough, except for the apes.
I would have loved to have that dream as a kid. *le sigh*
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:I had a Planet of the Apes themed dream the other night. Strange braindump since I don't think I had seen or talked about that movie in quite a while. I lived in the side of a cliff in these hollowed-out rooms. Pleasant enough, except for the apes.
If you practice lucid dreaming, you can make yourself dream that you're a kid having that dream!
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
If you practice lucid dreaming, you can make yourself dream that you're a kid having that dream!
I'll be damned if I work at something while I'm trying to sleep. Surely there's a pharmaceutical that offers a shortcut.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I'll be damned if I work at something while I'm trying to sleep. Surely there's a pharmaceutical that offers a shortcut.
Ask Syd Barrett.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Ask Syd Barrett.
Just happen to have my ouija board handy …

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Kory wrote:Pleasant enough, except for the apes.
That was the opening of Charlton Heston's two star trip advisor review.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

The damn, dirty apes.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

So I dreamt that I was on a beach, looking across some great body of water at a city. From left to right, huge explosions erupted, obviously razing everything on the horizon. I thought it was San Francisco, then Chicago, but then went to the tv and found out it was Jerusalem. The last part of my dream was thinking, "Fuck."

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

Dr. Medulla wrote:So I dreamt that I was on a beach, looking across some great body of water at a city. From left to right, huge explosions erupted, obviously razing everything on the horizon. I thought it was San Francisco, then Chicago, but then went to the tv and found out it was Jerusalem. The last part of my dream was thinking, "Fuck."
True story:

I watched Sweet Home Massholia do that from the window of my own apartment bedroom about 17 years ago. Only it wasn't a dream, it was the hidden acid that was laced in the pot brownies taking full effect. We were listening to one of my Clash dub compilations when it hit.

Why, yes, "Stop the World" was playing when the downtown skyline started going up in an inferno. :twitch:

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Not so much a weird dream than one of those where you wake with a start. I was a passenger on a Greyhound, driving in winter through some kind of gorge. The bus got stuck, so all the passengers started taking loads of snow down further. At some point, the environment turned into someone's house and one guy casually disappeared down the basement steps with a load of snow on his shoulder and all I could hear was his scream as he slipped and went down, ending with a thud. I woke up immediately, knowing the guy had snapped his neck.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:Not so much a weird dream than one of those where you wake with a start. I was a passenger on a Greyhound, driving in winter through some kind of gorge. The bus got stuck, so all the passengers started taking loads of snow down further. At some point, the environment turned into someone's house and one guy casually disappeared down the basement steps with a load of snow on his shoulder and all I could hear was his scream as he slipped and went down, ending with a thud. I woke up immediately, knowing the guy had snapped his neck.
Poor guy. Is he ok? :shifty:
Got a Rake? Sure!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Dreamt that I found a cat whose fur was like green velvet. A completely green kitty. I loved him and even our other cats loved him, but B said we couldn't keep him because he was male, and male cats get urinary tract problems.

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

Dr. Medulla wrote:Dreamt that I found a cat whose fur was like green velvet. A completely green kitty. I loved him and even our other cats loved him, but B said we couldn't keep him because he was male, and male cats get urinary tract problems.
My cat must've just attacked your Martian Velvet-Elvis cat, because a couple mins ago she flipped over my desk inbox/unilaterally-commandeered-bed by slashing something to death mid-air during intense sleep.

I spilled my coffee. She went back to sleep in about 45 seconds. :hmph:

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Rat Patrol wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:Dreamt that I found a cat whose fur was like green velvet. A completely green kitty. I loved him and even our other cats loved him, but B said we couldn't keep him because he was male, and male cats get urinary tract problems.
My cat must've just attacked your Martian Velvet-Elvis cat, because a couple mins ago she flipped over my desk inbox/unilaterally-commandeered-bed by slashing something to death mid-air during intense sleep.

I spilled my coffee. She went back to sleep in about 45 seconds. :hmph:
Cats are supernatural beings because there's no rational explanation for us putting up with their shit.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

MISANDRY!!!!
Got a Rake? Sure!