Thread of Dreams

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Thread of Dreams

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
16 Apr 2018, 2:51pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Apr 2018, 2:35pm
Kory wrote:
16 Apr 2018, 2:06pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Apr 2018, 6:31am
So, I was in a hospital because the Kingpin (y'know, Wilson Fisk) just died and I was writing a report for him. So I was trying to track down his grieving wife to both sign off on it and, I hoped, give me access to dirt he had on me. Most of the dream was me just wandering around the hospital, which had a somewhat MC Escher quality—fucked up doors of odd sizes, stairs that went the wrong direction. Never found Mrs. Fisk.
He had her leave the country, remember?
Not in my continuity!
Doc's dreams exist in the Ultimate Universe. Get back to Earth-616, man!
On the one hand, my dreams do drag on ridiculously long, like something written by Bendis.
On the other hand, my dreams are not saturated in dialogue, like something written by Bendis.
Verdict: Inconclusive.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Apr 2018, 3:02pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Apr 2018, 6:31am
So, I was in a hospital because the Kingpin (y'know, Wilson Fisk) just died and I was writing a report for him. So I was trying to track down his grieving wife to both sign off on it and, I hoped, give me access to dirt he had on me. Most of the dream was me just wandering around the hospital, which had a somewhat MC Escher quality—fucked up doors of odd sizes, stairs that went the wrong direction. Never found Mrs. Fisk.
Not in my continuity!
On the one hand, my dreams do drag on ridiculously long, like something written by Bendis.
On the other hand, my dreams are not saturated in dialogue, like something written by Bendis.
Oh yeah I keep forgetting I'm the only Bendis fan here. But don't forget that the same critiques could be shot at Claremont (who I also like).
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
16 Apr 2018, 3:06pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Apr 2018, 3:02pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:

Not in my continuity!
Oh yeah I keep forgetting I'm the only Bendis fan here. But don't forget that the same critiques could be shot at Claremont (who I also like).
I liked Bendis' Daredevil and the first several storylines of Ultimate Spider-man. He's definitely good at what he does, but I'm generally not keen on that degree of decompression.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

A dream that lacked any surreal quality to it last night. I was the editor of a newspaper interviewing a cartoonist who wanted the paper to carry her strip The Shit-Talking Shiitake, about a sassy mushroom. The problem with it, I kept explaining, was every cartoon ended with the mushroom breaking the fourth wall and addressing the reader and saying, "Well, fuck you, buddy!" The bulk of the dream was me going around and around with the cartoonist, her saying it was high concept and me saying it gets old after a few iterations. Very rare that that level of detail is remembered when I wake up.

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 May 2018, 6:15am
A dream that lacked any surreal quality to it last night. I was the editor of a newspaper interviewing a cartoonist who wanted the paper to carry her strip The Shit-Talking Shiitake, about a sassy mushroom. The problem with it, I kept explaining, was every cartoon ended with the mushroom breaking the fourth wall and addressing the reader and saying, "Well, fuck you, buddy!" The bulk of the dream was me going around and around with the cartoonist, her saying it was high concept and me saying it gets old after a few iterations. Very rare that that level of detail is remembered when I wake up.
Shoulda ran with it.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:
10 May 2018, 6:25am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Shoulda ran with it.
If Wolter wants to try his hand at it, he has my blessing as long as the mushroom doesn't become a racoon by the third strip.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 May 2018, 6:54am
Silent Majority wrote:
10 May 2018, 6:25am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Shoulda ran with it.
If Wolter wants to try his hand at it, he has my blessing as long as the mushroom doesn't become a racoon by the third strip.
I think you've got something here.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

In my dream last night, I was part of a three-person team investigating whether time travel exists. And by investigating, I mean going to different locations and having the same damned conversation over and over. We decided that time travel wasn't possible or else our past and present would have been bombarded with competing time travelers seeking to manipulate their past to their advantage. Just constant interference. Kill Hitler, save Hitler, save JFK, kill him, etc etc etc. We'd be in total confusion as the past keeps flipping around. One of the team—not me—said that maybe it is happening but we seamlessly incorporate the changed history and are unaware of it. Someone raised a counter to that, but I can't recall what it was.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I was working on a history of something—60s music, I guess, because that was the soundtrack—and it involved drinking and writing in a cabin, then running blocks and blocks in the dark through people's yards to a stack of books and videotapes and cd's, running back and scribbling something down. Over and over. The dream ended with an adrenaline rush when, as I was rooting thru the books, a car pulled up and a character actor that I know—older guy, grey hair—emerges and pulls a gun from his waist and says, "Where do you want it? In the back?" I turned away and covered up—exposing my back to him—and that's when I woke up.

hairydot61
Junco Partner

Post by hairydot61 »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Jul 2018, 7:25am
I was working on a history of something—60s music, I guess, because that was the soundtrack—and it involved drinking and writing in a cabin, then running blocks and blocks in the dark through people's yards to a stack of books and videotapes and cd's, running back and scribbling something down. Over and over. The dream ended with an adrenaline rush when, as I was rooting thru the books, a car pulled up and a character actor that I know—older guy, grey hair—emerges and pulls a gun from his waist and says, "Where do you want it? In the back?" I turned away and covered up—exposing my back to him—and that's when I woke up.
...Clasps hand together, leans forward.
"Tell me about your Mother?" :wink:
. "Bikini Reds a state of mind,
I'm in a state and She don't mind"
  • Comforting the Disturbed and
    Disturbing the Comfortable

>>>>The Caped Curator<<<<

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
For What It's Worth was playing in the background, I assume.
Got a Rake? Sure!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
09 Jul 2018, 9:07am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Death would have been a welcome release. :yuck: My sense that it was darker music, Doors or Velvets.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Jul 2018, 10:09am
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Death would have been a welcome release. :yuck: My sense that it was darker music, Doors or Velvets.
I thought everything 60s related had to have FWIW playing in the background. Just like every rom com trailer has Solsbury Hill.
Got a Rake? Sure!

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

JennyB wrote:
09 Jul 2018, 11:52am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I thought everything 60s related had to have FWIW playing in the background. Just like every rom com trailer has Solsbury Hill.
Ha, ha! Exactly! FWIW is a pretty good song (in my opinion) - but way overused. Guess maybe because it has a real uneasy feeling to it - punctuated with that creepy/awesome little two note riff Young plays over the verses.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
09 Jul 2018, 11:52am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
It's a tribute to my dreamworld that I've excised that awful song. Even if I was apparently shot dead at the end.