Thread of Dreams

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Thread of Dreams

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
06 Oct 2018, 12:02pm
Lots of dreams of late, most fade too quickly. Last night I dreamt I met Reggie Jackson. I was 2018 me but he was 1978 him. We chatted about baseball and parenting. I had someone take a pic of both of us together. Then I went to upload it to IMCT but it wasn't on my phone.
I hoped you talked about Billy Martin. Like, a lot.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Oct 2018, 12:48pm
revbob wrote:
Lots of dreams of late, most fade too quickly. Last night I dreamt I met Reggie Jackson. I was 2018 me but he was 1978 him. We chatted about baseball and parenting. I had someone take a pic of both of us together. Then I went to upload it to IMCT but it wasn't on my phone.
No need to ruin the experience

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
06 Oct 2018, 1:04pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Oct 2018, 12:48pm
revbob wrote:
No need to ruin the experience
I just figure Reggie might have had an opinion if you asked nicely.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Strange dream by my norms because it was so not-weird, just frustrating. I got a job in a division of the post office, which was to fix improperly addressed packages and to measure and weigh them to make sure enough postage was on them. All the work was outside in a yard outside a grey factory (everything in the dream was shades of grey)—where, I guess, mail is manufactured—and a big shipping container of packages that I'd root thru and figure out how to fix. The problem is that each package had something different wrong with it in a way that the training didn't prepare me. So very damned package I have to go find someone else to explain what I should do. And they've given me a black sharpie with very little ink left in it. I've done, like, three packages in an hour and am sure I'm going to get canned. Everyone else there is slacking off, but seem to be getting things done. So I'm also regularly biking home to tell the Boss that shit is not going well before biking back. Basically it was low-rent derivative Kafka. Luckily I was aware enough that it was a dream that I told myself not to worry, to just let this ride out because it doesn't matter.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Fitful dream filled sleep last night. First one had my recently deceased mom. It was troubling and set the tone for the rest of the night. I think I prefer not to dream.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Good lord, I've graduated to some kind of policy wonk dreaming. Abortion had been completely outlawed, but a loophole in the law allowed a woman to demand induced labour at any point of the pregnancy, regardless of the viability of the fetus. So women were able to have c-sections as alternate abortions. And for some reason the anti-choice crowd accepted this as God's will whether the fetus would survive outside the womb. So, seemingly this solved the conflict.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 Nov 2018, 8:57am
Good lord, I've graduated to some kind of policy wonk dreaming. Abortion had been completely outlawed, but a loophole in the law allowed a woman to demand induced labour at any point of the pregnancy, regardless of the viability of the fetus. So women were able to have c-sections as alternate abortions. And for some reason the anti-choice crowd accepted this as God's will whether the fetus would survive outside the womb. So, seemingly this solved the conflict.
That certainly does seem pretty realistic for the conservatives.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Super intense and detailed dream from last night. I was in a city that seemed a lot like New York—densely packed skyscrapers, lots of bridges (tho all were covered)—but everything had a shimmering golden quality. I'd befriended a young woman who was a scam artist/magician thief (using sleight of hand to pocket money and jewelry). She used a credit card with the name Jimmy Jimmy on, which I assumed she stole or manufactured, but I called her JJ. It was only when I woke up that I realized her face was a young woman who works at the nearby grocery store, blonde hair and a bit sallow. I watched her get caught in scheme after scheme yet weasel her way out, often profiting while doing so. We walked around, entering businesses (including some in the bridges), and she conned people out of their money. I kept telling her that you can't beat the house in the long run; you might win a few hands, but eventually you'll lose. But she kept on proving me wrong. There was something quite fantastical, not gritty, about the whole thing.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 Dec 2018, 10:22am
Super intense and detailed dream from last night. I was in a city that seemed a lot like New York—densely packed skyscrapers, lots of bridges (tho all were covered)—but everything had a shimmering golden quality. I'd befriended a young woman who was a scam artist/magician thief (using sleight of hand to pocket money and jewelry). She used a credit card with the name Jimmy Jimmy on, which I assumed she stole or manufactured, but I called her JJ. It was only when I woke up that I realized her face was a young woman who works at the nearby grocery store, blonde hair and a bit sallow. I watched her get caught in scheme after scheme yet weasel her way out, often profiting while doing so. We walked around, entering businesses (including some in the bridges), and she conned people out of their money. I kept telling her that you can't beat the house in the long run; you might win a few hands, but eventually you'll lose. But she kept on proving me wrong. There was something quite fantastical, not gritty, about the whole thing.
That's pretty good dream advice on your part though.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
27 Dec 2018, 3:39pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
"You can't win." - Me

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 Dec 2018, 4:09pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
"You can't win." - Me
Pretty much how I make all decisions.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
27 Dec 2018, 4:36pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 Dec 2018, 4:09pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
"You can't win." - Me
Pretty much how I make all decisions.
Experience really is a marvelous teacher.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Not an especially remarkable dream but one with a question I'll throw out. So I was in the stands at a football game and in the middle of the play, the quarterback just vanished. No special effects sizzle or flash, just disappeared. Everyone on the field and in the stands just gasped and didn't know what to do. So, yeah, meh kind of dream. But when I woke up I started wondering what would happen if that actually happened. Football game or political rally or some big live spectacle, and in front of thousands of people and multiple cameras with a live feed, the centre of attention just vanishes. What would our collective responses be? Supernatural explanations? Sinister government plots? False flag? Hoax? Alien invasion? How would the world react to something that can't be explained but all evidence points to as having actually happened?

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Feb 2019, 11:28am
Not an especially remarkable dream but one with a question I'll throw out. So I was in the stands at a football game and in the middle of the play, the quarterback just vanished. No special effects sizzle or flash, just disappeared. Everyone on the field and in the stands just gasped and didn't know what to do. So, yeah, meh kind of dream. But when I woke up I started wondering what would happen if that actually happened. Football game or political rally or some big live spectacle, and in front of thousands of people and multiple cameras with a live feed, the centre of attention just vanishes. What would our collective responses be? Supernatural explanations? Sinister government plots? False flag? Hoax? Alien invasion? How would the world react to something that can't be explained but all evidence points to as having actually happened?
Americans would be like, Rapture, dude. Jesus is coming.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Mimi wrote:
22 Feb 2019, 12:27pm
Americans would be like, Rapture, dude. Jesus is coming.
I AM EXACTLY LIKE THAT AFTER READING DOC'S POST
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!