Thread of Dreams

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Thread of Dreams

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:
12 Mar 2018, 7:58pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 Mar 2018, 7:50pm
When we were in school in NC, the Boss and I were both in a seminar where we had to read Bernard Bailyn's The Ideological Origins of the American Revolution. My adviser, whom B was RAing for, asked what we were reading and we told her. She laughed and said she and her partner kept a copy of that book in the nightstand for insomnia moments. Perhaps not true, but, holy crap, it was infamously boring as fuck.
I had a go at his book the Peopling of British North America. I don't think I lasted sixty pages.
We also had the read his The Ordeal of Thomas Hutchinson (the British governor of the Massachusetts colony during the Revolution), and it was agreed by the class (outside earshot of the prof) that Hutchinson's ordeal did not surpass ours. Bailyn's significance in American Revolution historiography is immense, but he's drier than week-old toast.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Kory wrote:
12 Mar 2018, 6:33pm
I don't know if it was talking about it here or what, but I quite literally did not sleep last night. I just laid staring at the wall for 7 straight hours. I think I'm going to turn into vapor soon and float away.
I read an article on insomnia the other day. One of the things it said was how everyone has different levels of sleep consciousness and that some people who think they have insomnia actually get more sleep than they think just not as deep. It described a situation exactly like this but said that although you think you were awake the whole time you probably weren't.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

101Walterton wrote:
12 Mar 2018, 8:04pm
Kory wrote:
12 Mar 2018, 6:33pm
I don't know if it was talking about it here or what, but I quite literally did not sleep last night. I just laid staring at the wall for 7 straight hours. I think I'm going to turn into vapor soon and float away.
I read an article on insomnia the other day. One of the things it said was how everyone has different levels of sleep consciousness and that some people who think they have insomnia actually get more sleep than they think just not as deep. It described a situation exactly like this but said that although you think you were awake the whole time you probably weren't.
That could be, but I was certainly awake frequently. I was checking the clock every 20 minutes.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Two nights ago I had a dream that I had finally found the much sought after biography of Paul Simonon, called Rub a Dub. Then I turned away for a minute and when I looked again, somebody had grabbed it right from under me! I spent the rest of the dream looking around the store for another copy.

Last night, I had a major step forward in my lucid dream training. I basically hit the two most desired actions to control in a dream—I flew around for a a bit and then I had sex. It was amazing to be very aware I was lying in my bed, but also being in this other world at the same time that seemed so real. A big step up from the last time I had a breakthrough. Try it!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
15 Mar 2018, 9:15pm
Two nights ago I had a dream that I had finally found the much sought after biography of Paul Simonon, called Rub a Dub. Then I turned away for a minute and when I looked again, somebody had grabbed it right from under me! I spent the rest of the dream looking around the store for another copy.
Had to be Briggy. Even in our dreams, he can out-collect anyone.
Last night, I had a major step forward in my lucid dream training. I basically hit the two most desired actions to control in a dream—I flew around for a a bit and then I had sex. It was amazing to be very aware I was lying in my bed, but also being in this other world at the same time that seemed so real. A big step up from the last time I had a breakthrough. Try it!
The closest I can get is when I'm fucking up or in some kind of perilous situation, I can often step outside and assure my dream self that it's just a dream and to not panic.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
15 Mar 2018, 10:00pm
Kory wrote:
15 Mar 2018, 9:15pm

The closest I can get is when I'm fucking up or in some kind of perilous situation, I can often step outside and assure my dream self that it's just a dream and to not panic.

That's still pretty good—not many people can boast that.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Not exactly an interesting dream, but one that ruined my sleep. I dreamed that I looked up at our ceiling and could see water coming thru, which sent a blast of adrenalin thru my body. That was at 2.30. I lay in bed till 4.30 hoping against hope to fall asleep again, but instead made myself a hero to the cats by getting up and feeding them early.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Mar 2018, 5:06am
Not exactly an interesting dream, but one that ruined my sleep. I dreamed that I looked up at our ceiling and could see water coming thru, which sent a blast of adrenalin thru my body. That was at 2.30. I lay in bed till 4.30 hoping against hope to fall asleep again, but instead made myself a hero to the cats by getting up and feeding them early.
Instead of a jukebox hero, you are a cat dad hero. :shifty:
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
29 Mar 2018, 9:10am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I've been their hero/patsy since we adopted them. I do 95% of the feeding, which means when B does it they get confused and look at me rather than wait at their bowls. C'mon, figure this shit out, melonheads.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Mar 2018, 10:00am
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I've been their hero/patsy since we adopted them. I do 95% of the feeding, which means when B does it they get confused and look at me rather than wait at their bowls. C'mon, figure this shit out, melonheads.
My dog will eat anything and everything, regardless of the human who feeds her. Dogs are dummies.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
29 Mar 2018, 10:45am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Mar 2018, 10:00am
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
My dog will eat anything and everything, regardless of the human who feeds her. Dogs are dummies.
Oh, our girls eat like little piggies. I have no idea if they even taste it, it goes down so fast. But they get confused if the protocol isn't followed. It's like miracle food if B does the serving. How did he put the food in the bowl when he's not even in the room?!

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
but instead made myself a hero to the cats by getting up and feeding them early.
If you interpret "hero" to mean sandwich, as I initially did, this post takes a slightly darker tone.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Inder wrote:
29 Mar 2018, 11:29am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
but instead made myself a hero to the cats by getting up and feeding them early.
If you interpret "hero" to mean sandwich, as I initially did, this post takes a slightly darker tone.
I have this on a shirt, tempting fate for sure.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Last night I dreamed I was working for some kind of copyright office and was investigating a new dance called derking (don't ask me why I know it was spelled like that) to determine whether it was truly new and could be registered. It involved the dancer jutting out their elbow and putting their forehead in the crook of the elbow, creating a kind of rhino or unicorn effect. And then just stalking around on the dancefloor. I never learned whether it was unique because the rest of the dream was just watching these idiots bumping into each other with their elbows because they couldn't see anything.

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Could you post a demonstration?