Thread of Dreams

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
revbob
Unknown Immortal

Re: Thread of Dreams

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 Feb 2024, 8:28am
A very disorienting dream, like two competing storylines mushed into one. On the more prominent side, my dad was alive again, but extremely feeble. He was in a wheelchair and tried to get out and ended up falling to the ground, messing up his knee. I got help from someone to bring him over to sit under a tree across the yard, but he was in horrible pain the entire time we carried him. So, yeah, unpleasant. At the same time as I'm trying to care for my dad, I'm searching for a baseball card of Tiger pitcher Dan Petry. Yes, that specific. And it's not like Dan Petry has come to mind in, I dunno, the 21st century? (I don't think I found the card.)

Was it this one?
Available on ebay for the low low price of $279

https://www.ebay.com/itm/353459453308?c ... o0hy2JgOTA

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
13 Feb 2024, 10:08am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
A very disorienting dream, like two competing storylines mushed into one. On the more prominent side, my dad was alive again, but extremely feeble. He was in a wheelchair and tried to get out and ended up falling to the ground, messing up his knee. I got help from someone to bring him over to sit under a tree across the yard, but he was in horrible pain the entire time we carried him. So, yeah, unpleasant. At the same time as I'm trying to care for my dad, I'm searching for a baseball card of Tiger pitcher Dan Petry. Yes, that specific. And it's not like Dan Petry has come to mind in, I dunno, the 21st century? (I don't think I found the card.)

Was it this one?
Available on ebay for the low low price of $279

https://www.ebay.com/itm/353459453308?c ... o0hy2JgOTA

As far as I know, my dream self never got that close to identifying the specific card. But Dan Petry? How deep was my subconscious mining itself to pull out that reference?
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Ooof, I hate those kinds of dreams.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
13 Feb 2024, 11:19am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
You also been haunted by Dan Petry? I am so sorry.
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 Feb 2024, 11:56am
Mimi wrote:
13 Feb 2024, 11:19am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
You also been haunted by Dan Petry? I am so sorry.
Isn't everybody?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I was sort of in a Batman story—I wasn't reading it nor was I participating, more like a ghost observing it up close—where the Joker had been arrested and imprisoned for killing another new Robin, tho he denied it. Batman believed him because why would the Joker lie about that? So Batman was working with the Joker to find Robin's real killer, who I knew was actually the new police commissioner—Gordon was no longer on the scene for some reason—a woman named Zelda or Velma. Most of the action that I followed was Zelda/Velma planting false clues for Batman and the Joker. Everything was done in a sorta halfway world between comic book and live action. That is, everybody was illustrated by Jim Aparo but they had full motion.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

This one will likely only be understood by my 90s bros for life, Hoy and Flexo: I dreamt I met Joey Ahlbum, who you will remember as maybe the closest thing Nickelodeon had to a house animator—they certainly used his work enough. We sat and talked for a bit about how good Nickelodeon used to be, and then I woke up. See a typical Ahlbum station ID below:

"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Feb 2024, 8:41am
I was sort of in a Batman story—I wasn't reading it nor was I participating, more like a ghost observing it up close—where the Joker had been arrested and imprisoned for killing another new Robin, tho he denied it. Batman believed him because why would the Joker lie about that? So Batman was working with the Joker to find Robin's real killer, who I knew was actually the new police commissioner—Gordon was no longer on the scene for some reason—a woman named Zelda or Velma. Most of the action that I followed was Zelda/Velma planting false clues for Batman and the Joker. Everything was done in a sorta halfway world between comic book and live action. That is, everybody was illustrated by Jim Aparo but they had full motion.
Was there any explanation or feeling of why the Joker cared enough to help with the investigation? Just to save his own skin?

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Kory wrote:
16 Feb 2024, 2:27pm
This one will likely only be understood by my 90s bros for life, Hoy and Flexo: I dreamt I met Joey Ahlbum, who you will remember as maybe the closest thing Nickelodeon had to a house animator—they certainly used his work enough. We sat and talked for a bit about how good Nickelodeon used to be, and then I woke up. See a typical Ahlbum station ID below:

Goddamn you even dream in 90s. Respect.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Flex wrote:
16 Feb 2024, 2:34pm
Kory wrote:
16 Feb 2024, 2:27pm

Goddamn you even dream in 90s. Respect.
Pizza rolls and Dunkaroos abound.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
16 Feb 2024, 2:28pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Was there any explanation or feeling of why the Joker cared enough to help with the investigation? Just to save his own skin?
The Joker was very much a modest sidekick (at least what I can recall). The core of the action focused on Zelda/Velma's sinister behaviour.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Feb 2024, 3:03pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
The Joker was very much a modest sidekick (at least what I can recall). The core of the action focused on Zelda/Velma's sinister behaviour.
I choose to believe her name was Zeldvelma®.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
16 Feb 2024, 3:43pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Isn't that Zatana's sister?

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Feb 2024, 4:00pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Ooh now we're talkin'!

Let me know when Constantine shows up.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
16 Feb 2024, 4:07pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Feb 2024, 4:00pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:

Ooh now we're talkin'!

Let me know when Constantine shows up.
My preference would be that my dreams shift to Bronze Age Marvel.