Thread of Dreams

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Re: Thread of Dreams

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
01 Apr 2019, 9:17am
Mimi wrote:
01 Apr 2019, 9:06am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
01 Apr 2019, 9:03am
Mimi wrote:
01 Apr 2019, 8:52am
I keep having dreams about Kitty. Last night, I was looking for her, except for some reason I knew her name to be Hannah. Anyway, some older woman with glasses and an 1980s haircut, was supposed to be watching her. This woman was a slob, had beds everywhere, had cats hiding in all sorts of places, and had a minor hoarding problem. I went to pick Kitty up from this woman and couldn't find my cat anywhere. I searched under all the beds, in the closets, under sofas, everywhere, but I couldn't find Kitty anywhere. When I asked the woman when was the last time she saw my cat, she just kind of shrugged and said, "Well, she was here this morning." I was more scared/concerned than pissed off. I woke up before I could find Kitty. :cry:
That's horrible, especially if it's recurring.
Yeah. It's probably because I miss her.
It's the part that you don't find her that is so awful. If we're going to dream about past pets, it should be about being with them again. Stupid unconscious.
The worst one was not too long ago. She came to me, healthy and happy, wondering what happened to her? I told her it was because I thought she was too sick and was going to die anyway. Yeah, I didn't wake up that morning in a good mood.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
01 Apr 2019, 12:05pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
01 Apr 2019, 9:17am
Mimi wrote:
01 Apr 2019, 9:06am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
01 Apr 2019, 9:03am
Mimi wrote:
01 Apr 2019, 8:52am
I keep having dreams about Kitty. Last night, I was looking for her, except for some reason I knew her name to be Hannah. Anyway, some older woman with glasses and an 1980s haircut, was supposed to be watching her. This woman was a slob, had beds everywhere, had cats hiding in all sorts of places, and had a minor hoarding problem. I went to pick Kitty up from this woman and couldn't find my cat anywhere. I searched under all the beds, in the closets, under sofas, everywhere, but I couldn't find Kitty anywhere. When I asked the woman when was the last time she saw my cat, she just kind of shrugged and said, "Well, she was here this morning." I was more scared/concerned than pissed off. I woke up before I could find Kitty. :cry:
That's horrible, especially if it's recurring.
Yeah. It's probably because I miss her.
It's the part that you don't find her that is so awful. If we're going to dream about past pets, it should be about being with them again. Stupid unconscious.
The worst one was not too long ago. She came to me, healthy and happy, wondering what happened to her? I told her it was because I thought she was too sick and was going to die anyway. Yeah, I didn't wake up that morning in a good mood.
Oh fuck, I'm so sorry that your dream state is kicking you around like that. Especially when the lady in question was a feral cat. It's no understatement to say you saved her.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

I think I'm glad my dreams leave no impression. My waking life has been fucked up enough lately sleep is my refuge.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
01 Apr 2019, 6:52pm
I think I'm glad my dreams leave no impression. My waking life has been fucked up enough lately sleep is my refuge.
My dreams are usually so damned weird and entertaining that I've come to think of them as gift that my unconscious is giving me. It's like my brain is taking time off from making me second guess myself and throwing me a bone.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
01 Apr 2019, 7:04pm
revbob wrote:
01 Apr 2019, 6:52pm
My dreams are usually so damned weird and entertaining that I've come to think of them as gift that my unconscious is giving me. It's like my brain is taking time off from making me second guess myself and throwing me a bone.
Same. And in Technicolor. ;)

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I was watching a newly discovered, unaired episode of All in the Family. Meathead was trying to prove to Archie that he was a financial success, so he went to a loan shark to buy a Cadillac. Archie was impressed and told Meathead he was all wrong about him. Meathead then had to sell the car to pay back the loan shark. As I was "watching" it, I asked why the hell Meathead didn't just rent a Cadillac if he wasn't going to keep it. The other thing about the episode was that it was shot at odd angles, from behind and to the side rather than the studio audience's vantage point.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I was serving as a consultant for a musical on the life of Mark E. Smith called I am a Yam Salesman. I can't remember any other details except that the music was really good and based on unreleased recordings he'd done.

coffeepotman
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by coffeepotman »

I've been calling Sister Midnight, What can I do about my dreams? It seems they won't let me sleep anymore, not sure what's going on inside my head but haven't gotten a decent nights sleep in weeks. Way too much to dream last night lately

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I was working in an ad agency—surprisingly, it looked and felt nothing like Mad Men, which is my only real reference point to advertising—where I was in charge of coming up with premises. Nothing to do with products or campaigns, just premises to be stored away. A fireman using an elephant trunk like a hose was one I still remember. That's it, my work is done. It's up to someone else to apply it. I'd dick around all day, my boss looking over my shoulder and asking whether I'd taken the day off, and then I'd rattle off a couple premises and be done my work.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
15 May 2019, 8:29am
I was working in an ad agency—surprisingly, it looked and felt nothing like Mad Men, which is my only real reference point to advertising—where I was in charge of coming up with premises. Nothing to do with products or campaigns, just premises to be stored away. A fireman using an elephant trunk like a hose was one I still remember. That's it, my work is done. It's up to someone else to apply it. I'd dick around all day, my boss looking over my shoulder and asking whether I'd taken the day off, and then I'd rattle off a couple premises and be done my work.
Did it also have a rainbow? Because, really, that's the only way it would work. You have to think of the demographic for this sort of premise.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
15 May 2019, 9:35am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Did it also have a rainbow? Because, really, that's the only way it would work. You have to think of the demographic for this sort of premise.
As per my job contract in the dream, application and fin tuning was someone else's department. Honestly, it was a oretty sweet gig. I come up with pelicans dancing in the shower. Someone else runs with it.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
I wish that was a real job. It's usually up to the copywriters or designers to do that.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I was in a 1970s-style detective show—like The Rockford Files or Charlie's Angels—where I was sent to investigate a town where everyone wore small sacks over their heads. The reason they did this was that by hiding their identity, everyone could be corrupt. (Somehow people could still see what they were doing.) I was making contact with the "underground," where people would meet in washrooms and back alleys and briefly take off their sacks. The last thing I remember was being passed information about the ringleader, and then an ominous knock on the door.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
14 Jun 2019, 6:47am
I was in a 1970s-style detective show—like The Rockford Files or Charlie's Angels—where I was sent to investigate a town where everyone wore small sacks over their heads. The reason they did this was that by hiding their identity, everyone could be corrupt. (Somehow people could still see what they were doing.) I was making contact with the "underground," where people would meet in washrooms and back alleys and briefly take off their sacks. The last thing I remember was being passed information about the ringleader, and then an ominous knock on the door.
I've said this before, but you always have such cool dreams. Mine are either me being back in high school and not being able to find my locker/showing up for a final after skipping the class all semester or my teeth falling out.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
14 Jun 2019, 10:33am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
14 Jun 2019, 6:47am
I've said this before, but you always have such cool dreams. Mine are either me being back in high school and not being able to find my locker/showing up for a final after skipping the class all semester or my teeth falling out.
Thanks, but keep in mind that I only mention the stranger dreams here, the ones that have a real narrative. Most of my dreams are pretty blah.