Thread of Dreams

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Thread of Dreams

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
30 Nov 2017, 11:46am
Marky Dread wrote:
29 Nov 2017, 9:16pm
Kory wrote:
29 Nov 2017, 9:13pm
Marky Dread wrote:
29 Nov 2017, 6:18pm
JennyB wrote:
29 Nov 2017, 5:58pm

Is he the egg man?
I am he as you are she and we are all together. Kory's the egg man goo goo ga joob.
I always thought I was a walrus (gumboot).
I'm sure Inder is the Walrus. He's rarely seen 'round these parts.
The walrus was Paul. So that kind of makes sense.
I though Inder was Jude, looking for a cardiologist to perform with. 😍
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

IMCT dream special:

I had this dream a few nights ago starring Wolt and eumaas...both of whom I have never actually met in life, save for a static-garbled 30 second phone call with Gene while shepherding extremely drunk Flex and Boddington through Cambridge a year ago. They were middle-aged business partners running a Borsch Belt weekend resort and comedy club in the Catskills. Only it took place after the apocalypse where the population of the continental U.S. had been reduced to fewer than a widely-scattered 10 million, most large cities had been totally irradiated, and the economy had collapsed back into a largely hunter-agrarian state with only small pockets of still-functioning modernity. And this was simultaneously a TV show. With the Talking Heads' "Nothing But Flowers" as the theme song. And the show was staged exactly like Newhart meets The Odd Couple...with throwback production values, guest stars, and joke-writing. Because apparently those small pockets of functioning modernity that remained after the destruction of civilization all defaulted to a 1983-level CBS primetime cultural baseline.

Apparently the background is that once they fled their irradiated homes and destroyed families, Gene and Jon hatched a plan to fulfill a lifelong dream by fixing up an abandoned resort to cater to the pockets of civilization still scattered around the burnt-out hulk of New York City who no longer had any weekend entertainment options after toiling all week in the ore mines...except for driving up to the Catskills to watch some salty Yiddish comedy! That was the Newhart part. The comic tension between self-loathing dramaturg and radical Marxist trying to keep a bed/breakfast/comedy club operating in a post-capitalist fallen world was the Odd Couple part. The Oscar and Felix elements were evenly distributed...so they were both kinda slobs about some stuff and fuddy-duddies about other stuff. All of the regular array of obscure character catchphrases were in full display, cued to the laugh track.

Doc, presumably escaping the missile strike on Ottawa by the skin of his teeth, played the George Utley handyman character...wearing the same fuzzy hat as Tom Poston but also that Cut The Crap T-shirt. Except instead of being always-bumbling and not doing his job he was always inciting contrarian debates and not doing his job. Jenny and Mimi were there as resident town socialites, and Flex was the ceremonial mayor who had nothing to do at his job because society was lawless so he just spent all his time slipping dick pics to people. Kory was also there too on the regular cast, but I don't recall if there was a horrible recurring pizza gag or not weaving him into the ensemble. Lot of other board members were regular recurring guests filling out the canon. There was surprisingly subdued and infrequent Hoy presence, which I found kinda weird at first. But then I remember thinking (this is in the middle of the dream I'm thinking this) that the show might've been a spinoff from That's Our Hoy that picks up events from where its Dinosaurs-like series finale left off, so that explained why Matey only had a couple spotty story arcs in Season 1 and was given a sort of detached senior presence on the cast. The limeys, who I presume all sailed over on garbage rafts pasted together with a pulpy glue made from expired salad creme after their island sank in the middle of the North Sea, were all uncultured hillfolk characters exactly like the Darryls who randomly waltzed into town doing incomprehensible Limey things as comic props...but all dressed identically like the Darryls. Nobody from the town ever ventured into the hills past town limits because there was an unseen yeti or cannibal monster that preyed on the limey Darryls for food, and the townfolk felt the separation was fair trade for keeping their population in-check. This may have been an oblique self-reference of some sort, even though I never personally appeared or was directly mentioned in the series. I think there might've also been elements of the Bigfoot thread in that, because I've kinda been thinking about that a lot lately. :idea:

The show had two main sight gags. Whenever a special guest star...like Tim Conway or Dyan Cannon...came up the desolate road into town looking for a good matza soup and some side-splitting mother-in-law jokes, they always roared into the driveway Road Warrior-style riding the hood of a driverless big rig (to an applause line from the studio audience). Maybe that was another oblique self-reference to incorporate the KILLvan...I don't know. And the special guest stars always seemed to just "happen upon" this quaint little resort while roaming aimlessly around the kudzu-overgrown Hudson countryside searching longingly for other human interaction. Also, the only form of accepted legal-tender currency in this hellworld was 2 lb. ring-like slabs of inert Uranium-238 confiscated from the abandoned mines in the Forbidden Zones, so when guests reached in their pocket to pay for their rooms or drinks the currency always made a giant thud on the concierge desk that made the picture frame on the wall fall down and Wolt make a frowny-face over the laugh track.

Most of the plots revolved around the foibles of running a country cottage around wacky characters, peppered with caustic debates between our two protagonists on radical Marxism and the subtle art of joke-timing. With lots of references to Wolt and eummy's after-hours side project of building a New World Order out of the ashes of a depraved fallen society woven from the frail tendrils of society's remaining accumulated knowledge...except they never make any progress on that because every week there's some wacky distraction to tend to with running the resort. And Gene was always changing around what Laws of Science the new society would be taught, so they just kind of went around in circles on that which made Wolt really pissy. There were lots of off-camera references to what the limey hillfolk were doing whenever one of the Darryls showed up to "oi maTe!", and whatever Nigel or Clive accompanied them on their journey into town but got eaten by the cannibal yeti on the walk over ( :shifty: ). And a LOT of food put-downs whenever they visited. Like, a real lot.

So...basically most of it was just the same shit we always talk about, framed through the madness that was Jon & Gene's collective midlife crisis and the end result of the destruction of the human race currently underway (that would be the Dictator forum content!). With lots of off-color Jewish jokes more appropriate for a 9:00pm timeslot.

I need help, don't I? :twitch:

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

That was no dream! And we would win so many fucking Emmys.

Coincidently, I had a partial IMCT dream last night, tho I've only got bits and pieces left in my memory. I must have been a killer of some kind. I was trying to get a date with an unnamed woman who looked a lot like a girl I went to junior high with, tho it wasn't her. But I was planning on killing her. However, IMCTers were badgering me to help find a piece of Tep's big toe that had been lopped off. He was whining that if we don't find it, he'd lose the whole toe, so we had to search for it and get it and him to a hospital. The problem is that I was the one who had sliced it off with an axe, so I fake-searched, but actually kept people (no particular IMCTers, just generally) from from finding it. The last part I recall was Tep losing not just his big toe but that side of his foot all the way to the ankle.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Rattie? That was amazing. But yes, you need help.

You also need to option the script. Also, I feel honored to have made the cut.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
01 Dec 2017, 7:42am
Coincidently, I had a partial IMCT dream last night, tho I've only got bits and pieces left in my memory. I must have been a killer of some kind. I was trying to get a date with an unnamed woman who looked a lot like a girl I went to junior high with, tho it wasn't her. But I was planning on killing her. However, IMCTers were badgering me to help find a piece of Tep's big toe that had been lopped off. He was whining that if we don't find it, he'd lose the whole toe, so we had to search for it and get it and him to a hospital. The problem is that I was the one who had sliced it off with an axe, so I fake-searched, but actually kept people (no particular IMCTers, just generally) from from finding it. The last part I recall was Tep losing not just his big toe but that side of his foot all the way to the ankle.
Is it weird that I spent all day yesterday figuring out how to incorporate one-toed tep into the cast? I finally settled on each episode having him walk into the front lobby of the Wolt-maas resort (to HUGE whooting from the studio audience) with gangrene covering a completely random and different part of his body as a series-long sight gag. :twitch:

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Rat Patrol wrote:
02 Dec 2017, 6:22am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Is it weird that I spent all day yesterday figuring out how to incorporate one-toed tep into the cast? I finally settled on each episode having him walk into the front lobby of the Wolt-maas resort (to HUGE whooting from the studio audience) with gangrene covering a completely random and different part of his body as a series-long sight gag. :twitch:
Back in the 70s, Tep could have built a career on the catchphrase, "Where's my toe!?"

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
That was no dream! And we would win so many fucking Emmys.

I think it's time you started to beat yourself with that rug beater!

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Less dream than after effects. In the dream I was sleeping in my bed as I actually was—so I guess it was kind of out of body observation—and there was a killer on the loose. My dream self woke up and noticed that the bedside light was on and said, "I must have left the light on." Then a rough, disembodied voice—the killer—said, "No, you didn't." Real me woke up with a serious jolt of adrenaline, but I woke up so fast that my body was still in sleep paralysis mode, so for about a second I couldn't move. Which amped up the adrenaline some more. All told, it was many, many minutes before I could relax enough to get back to sleep. Don't think I've experienced sleep paralysis anxiety more than a dozen times in my life.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
05 Dec 2017, 7:27am
Less dream than after effects. In the dream I was sleeping in my bed as I actually was—so I guess it was kind of out of body observation—and there was a killer on the loose. My dream self woke up and noticed that the bedside light was on and said, "I must have left the light on." Then a rough, disembodied voice—the killer—said, "No, you didn't." Real me woke up with a serious jolt of adrenaline, but I woke up so fast that my body was still in sleep paralysis mode, so for about a second I couldn't move. Which amped up the adrenaline some more. All told, it was many, many minutes before I could relax enough to get back to sleep. Don't think I've experienced sleep paralysis anxiety more than a dozen times in my life.
Sleep paralysis is some of the scariest shit ever.
Got a Rake? Sure!

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

JennyB wrote:
05 Dec 2017, 10:20am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I have it every single time I sleep on my back. It's become a bit thrilling actually because I can use it as a gateway to lucid dreaming if I concentrate just the right amount. But that part happens less often than the dread thought that there's somebody looming in the door behind the bed.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Kory wrote:
05 Dec 2017, 1:52pm
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I have it every single time I sleep on my back. It's become a bit thrilling actually because I can use it as a gateway to lucid dreaming if I concentrate just the right amount. But that part happens less often than the dread thought that there's somebody looming in the door behind the bed.
Yeah...I've never had any dreaming except for the very real vision that there is someone in the room who is not supposed to be there. Always a WHITE MALE.
Got a Rake? Sure!

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

JennyB wrote:
06 Dec 2017, 1:15pm
Kory wrote:
05 Dec 2017, 1:52pm
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Yeah...I've never had any dreaming except for the very real vision that there is someone in the room who is not supposed to be there. Always a WHITE MALE.
Hoy strikes again.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I was faced with a series of mysteries, one involving a really old man who claimed he was the Lingbergh baby, and he presented me with evidence that the corpse that was found was a fake. But the ongoing mystery, seemingly throughout the night, was searching for someone or something called pettabeema (I'm spelling it phonetically; maybe it was two words). No idea what the hell that is, as I never came close to finding it/him/her/them.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

My unconscious is becoming as dull as my waking self. I dreamt that I cooked some chicken breasts, and despite being completely done all the way thru, when eating they turned pinkish and slimy. So my dream was me waiting around to see whether I was going to get sick.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 Feb 2018, 7:50am
My unconscious is becoming as dull as my waking self. I dreamt that I cooked some chicken breasts, and despite being completely done all the way thru, when eating they turned pinkish and slimy. So my dream was me waiting around to see whether I was going to get sick.