Thread of Dreams

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Kory
Unknown Immortal

Re: Thread of Dreams

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Feb 2024, 6:06pm
Kory wrote:
16 Feb 2024, 5:50pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Feb 2024, 5:30pm
Flex wrote:
16 Feb 2024, 5:13pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Feb 2024, 5:12pm

I bring the strange, babe, doctor strange.
Okay, this dream sucks now.
Would some Kirby krackle help?
Always does.
Even tho it risks a chance of Annihilus showing up.
I think I could probably live comfortably in the Negative Zone.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
16 Feb 2024, 8:15pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Flex wrote:
16 Feb 2024, 5:13pm

Okay, this dream sucks now.
Always does.
I dunno, knowing there are Living Bombursts wandering around would keep me awake at night.
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Feb 2024, 8:16pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Always does.
I dunno, knowing there are Living Bombursts wandering around would keep me awake at night.
You'd be fine...trust me.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
16 Feb 2024, 8:17pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Feb 2024, 8:16pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:

Always does.
You'd be fine...trust me.
I know that tone—you're seeking to imperil me!
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

I cant remember most of tbe dream but at one point I was speeding and passed a cop who happened to be Dave Mustaine. I managed to elude him but at other points during the dream I saw him and kept having to hide as he was for some reason still looking for me. This was while was walking around too. Lots of other weird shit but cant remember .

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
24 Feb 2024, 10:10am
I cant remember most of tbe dream but at one point I was speeding and passed a cop who happened to be Dave Mustaine. I managed to elude him but at other points during the dream I saw him and kept having to hide as he was for some reason still looking for me. This was while was walking around too. Lots of other weird shit but cant remember .
Well, cops are assholes, so that checks out.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
24 Feb 2024, 10:51am
revbob wrote:
24 Feb 2024, 10:10am
Well, cops are assholes, so that checks out.
That was my takeaway

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I was an investigative reporter for a small-town or regional newspaper and submitted an exposé on a local figure for (I think) drunk driving. But my boss killed it and said I couldn't take it elsewhere or give my research to someone else because the paper owned it all. So I was struggling to get the work out there, but ultimately failing. Somewhere along the way, Kaiser Chiefs' "I Predict a Riot" kept coming up.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I was a passenger on a jumbo jet—with left, right, and centre sections—that was suddenly forced to land. My perspective bounced all over the place, from the main cabin to the cockpit. We're coming down on a highway and land safely but can't slow down. Amazingly, the pilot is steering the plane around obstacles, both out in the country and in the city. Every time I think the wings will get sheared off, the pilot navigates their way around buildings, trees, cars. The pilot is telling me that I need to solve some quadratic equations, something I haven't had to do since grade 8. I don't remember how to do them, so I'm guessing, dividing shit by 2 and hoping it works out, but it doesn't and the plane keeps rolling along.

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Mar 2024, 7:39am
I was a passenger on a jumbo jet—with left, right, and centre sections—that was suddenly forced to land. My perspective bounced all over the place, from the main cabin to the cockpit. We're coming down on a highway and land safely but can't slow down. Amazingly, the pilot is steering the plane around obstacles, both out in the country and in the city. Every time I think the wings will get sheared off, the pilot navigates their way around buildings, trees, cars. The pilot is telling me that I need to solve some quadratic equations, something I haven't had to do since grade 8. I don't remember how to do them, so I'm guessing, dividing shit by 2 and hoping it works out, but it doesn't and the plane keeps rolling along.
I pictured this with cartoon sound effects.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
06 Mar 2024, 10:48am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I have no recollection of any sound, so why not? Ker-blooey! Uuuuurch, ka-blam, screeeech!

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Mar 2024, 11:06am
Mimi wrote:
06 Mar 2024, 10:48am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I have no recollection of any sound, so why not? Ker-blooey! Uuuuurch, ka-blam, screeeech!

Exactly!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I was back in the house I grew up in and my parents were there. I was just sitting around, waiting to go off to teach when I realized I forgot the time. It was five minutes to two and my class started at two-thirty. It was a thirty minute walk—same as it is in reality—so I knew I could make it but I was pissed off and panicked because I'd be all sweaty by the time I get there. Moreover I couldn't understand why my mother didn't offer to drive me there. Then, I go outside and there's slush on the ground and I don't have my Walkman (yes, a Walkman) so I won't have music to listen to. More irritation. It doesn't take long before the slush disappears and I reach some strange part of the city with a massive freeway that I have to navigate. I'm walking on the top of the sound barriers then hop down to walk on some parked semis because it's a chance at a shortcut, but they start moving I fall between and end up in the cab, which is extra wide—it's both trucks combined. So there's a trucker on each side of me and we start talking. They ask where I'm going and I say I'm heading to school. Dressed like that and all sweaty? I laugh and say it's worse—I'm the teacher. Then I get out and start walking again, knowing that I've lost even more time talking with them. And that's when the alarm went off.

I do teach today and at 2.30, so, great, there's an omen for you.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

I dont know why but Tep was trying to take my phone from me. I had to bite his arm to finally let go. Trust me you dont want to mess with Texas Tep, he's he's meaner than a skilletful of rattlesnakes on Sunday.

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Had a dream the other night that I was on the beach and a tsunami was coming. It was the middle of the night, so the beach was only lit by dim moonlight. I tried to run away from the ocean, but there was a wall of sand that I had to climb. The sand was kind of wet, like the kind you use to build sand castles, but when I tried to climb, I could make it partway up before it crumbled and I fell back to the beach level. I was eventually able to get up the wall and the dream kind of faded out at that point, so no resolution if I escaped the tsunami.

Told my wife about it as "hey I had a scary dream last night," and she responded, "wow, that's a really bad anxiety dream." I didn't consider it for some reason, but that's spot on.

Had another dream last night that my college friend was hosting a house party. Billie Joe Armstrong (not Green Day, just him) was performing along with Kid Rock??? And I saw BJA coming to the house and I tried to high five him and he pushed me to the ground and kicked me. He later made amends. Surprised it wasn't Bob Ritchie that was the total dick, but I didn't interact with him in the dream so who knows?
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.