Can we talk about Black Mirror?

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Boddington
Junco Partner

Can we talk about Black Mirror?

Post by Boddington »

Holy sweet jesus this show is amazing.

If you haven't seen it, I urge you to find some form or fashion in which you can watch it (it's on DirectTV here in the states, and on DVD, but otherwise isn't on Netflix or anything else that I'm aware of).

I've only become aware of it today more or less and in fine obsessive fashion am now on the 3rd episode. The first way it was described to me was 'A sort of Twilight Zone for the Information Age.' I think that maybe does somewhat of a disservice to both the Twilight Zone and to Black Mirror, but they have similarities in the sense that each episode is self contained. There's a lot of erudite shit written about the show already and I won't try and match what's been written, but the show reflects on technology and humanity's relationship with it and how it's becoming an even larger point of our lives in ways that we may not be wholly aware of.

The third episode hits particularly hard. And there's only six of them. And my apologies if you folks have already discovered this and I'm rehashing old conversation. But if you guys haven't, please, please watch and let us talk about it because this is so amazingly great I want to talk about so many ideas.

*head explodes*